Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Melodic mangling of samples

I've found no shortage of apps in iOS that slice and create rhythmic arps etc. I am a big fan of Samplr, Egoist, Reslice, etc. But are there any that allow more melodic treatments? I'm thinking about taking spoken word samples and creating melodic parts using the phrasing of the spoken bits. Would something like voxsyn work?

Comments

• I got some good results from Yellofier

• iVoxel is good at that

• @Jose_Bee said:
    I got some good results from Yellofier

I usually get more of the rhythmic stuff from yellofier. How do you get melodic stuff out of it?

• @lukesleepwalker could you give an example or something similar you are shooting for?

• Without too many spoilers... This will be very easy to with an app I'm currently testing...
    Ie. easy to slice a vocal/words into phrases, do legato-pitch-shifting and treat every word as a separate synth if needed. With the real-time stretching enabled you can turn single voice into played choir as well...
    (Super easy with the chord feature).

• @gmslayton samu describes it perfectly!

• @Samu said:
    Without too many spoilers... This will be very easy to with an app I'm currently testing...
    Ie. easy to slice a vocal/words into phrases, do legato-pitch-shifting and treat every word as a separate synth if needed. With the real-time stretching enabled you can turn single voice into played choir as well...

now it appears I am waiting for BM3 like everyone else here.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@Samu said:
    Without too many spoilers... This will be very easy to with an app I'm currently testing...

Yup. The only drag is that we won't get a full force @samu critique because he's already on the other side of the curtain :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Samu said:

Yup. The only drag is that we won't get a full force @samu critique because he's already on the other side of the curtain :)

No worries about that...
    I'm as critical as ever but this time I have someone who actually listens. Nothing beats the feeling if seeing the ideas one has between the ears becoming useable features :D

• BeatMaker3 15/7-2017
    Can't wait.

• if this works as good as it does on push 2 then I'm going to sell maschine

• I need to order a nappy for the 15th :s

• @Kühl said:
    BeatMaker3 15/7-2017
    Can't wait.

yeah, man! Looking forward to this one...

• May not be exactly what it is you're looking for, but Sparkle might be worth looking into.