Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Does 10.2.1 really dramatically reduce battery life over 10.2? (iPad Air 2 here)

I've read reports of people complaining that 10.2.1 reduced battery life by as much as 40%.

I know that sometimes, this is due to the new system re-indexing, and doing other CPU intensive tasks after first install.

What are your experiences with 10.2.1 battery life?

Comments

• I don't think so, I still need to charge my Air2 at least once a day sometimes twice. Back in the day, I used to get 2-3 days from my ipad2 on ios6 and ios7, that started to change on ios8

• While jamming I didn't notice much difference (and usually my iPad is being charged on my istudio) , but I did notice on browsing much difference. I seriously think resetting, but I'll wait for the new apple filesystem update.

• I have noticed no difference at all.

• Same as @Korakios

I feel when under load my air 2 performs as well as before. However, seemingly 'light' browsing can take 100 to 30 in about 4hrs.

Of course this is not a double blind test but definitely a strong sensation ;)

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    I've read reports of people complaining that 10.2.1 reduced battery life by as much as 40%.

I know that sometimes, this is due to the new system re-indexing, and doing other CPU intensive tasks after first install.

What are your experiences with 10.2.1 battery life?

No issues.

But hey, it's a common internet standard to state that a new iOS ruins your battery life.

• I never really noticed a change in battery drainage. 9.# to the original 10 REALLY screwed up my iPad, but all those bugs were fixed later on with other updates, and 10.2 smoothed things over even moreso. With 10.2.1, I saw no real dramatic changes, but that could be just me. If you got any problems, I hope they get smoothed out.

• No performance issues either on my Air2 but battery life drastically down since updating.

• 10.2 killed my iPhone 6. I'm on 10.3 beta 6 with it now and my battery drains about 60% faster than normal and randomly shuts off. I have an iPad Air 2 but I am too scared to update it

• @Bkrafty said:
    10.2 killed my iPhone 6. I'm on 10.3 beta 6 with it now and my battery drains about 60% faster than normal and randomly shuts off. I have an iPad Air 2 but I am too scared to update it

That's beta software for you.

• Hard to tell, but my battery life has steadily been reducing for a while. May just be how it goes considering my iPad is used and charged everyday, sometimes twice. At nearly two years of very heavy use, I'm not surprised I no longer get 10 hours per charge. I still get around 7 to 8 hours. Bearing in mind that I have probably used my iPad twice as much (if not more) than the average user per day, it's holding up rather well considering.

Is the latest iOS altering anything? Not sure to be honest.

• When I first updated to 10.2.1 I thought there was a perceptible decrease so I first ran a standby test: charged to 100%, full off-on reboot, then set it down for as long as I could. After 41 hours on standby, I opened it up and it was still at 100%...great.

That led to doing as much recording & work on the Air 2 as possible, and the next day I was at 42%. with 6½ hours use. So fortunately the battery life on my Air 2 is doing okay since updating to 10.2.1...

• iOS 10.2.1 drains my battery so fast my iPad goes from 100 to 10 in less than 5 minutes. DO NOT UPDATE!!!!

• @Lacm1993 said:
    iOS 10.2.1 drains my battery so fast my iPad goes from 100 to 10 in less than 5 minutes. DO NOT UPDATE!!!!

Whaaa?!!! Lol. Damn brother if that's on the square and not an exaggeration I'd be down at my local Apple store iPad in hand raising all sorts of hell...