Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Which iOS version are you running?

I know there was a thread about this a long while back but I wanted an update....
Curious who is updated to 10.3 or what other versions musicians are using, any known bugs/issues, etc.

Comments

• 10.3 no obvious differences so far

• edited March 2017

I don't rely on my personal phone, tablet or laptop for professional endeavours so I generally update the OS and all my apps as the updates are released. I've never once had an issue with iOS or macOS, never once. Android and Windows on the other hand...

Edit: and since this is the Internet, I should add that I'm not being smug or insinuating that Apple is better. People have tons and tons of trouble with Apple gear, especially if they depend on it for their livelihood, and I know people that have used Windows and Android for years without too many hassles. But I had terrible experiences with reliability on both platforms

• @realdavidai said:
    10.3 no obvious differences so far

@jrjulius said:
    I don't rely on my personal phone, tablet or laptop for professional endeavours so I generally update the OS and all my apps as the updates are released. I've never once had an issue with iOS or macOS, never once. Android and Windows on the other hand...

Edit: and since this is the Internet, I should add that I'm not being smug or insinuating that Apple is better. People have tons and tons of trouble with Apple gear, especially if they depend on it for their livelihood, and I know people that have used Windows and Android for years without too many hassles. But I had terrible experiences with reliability on both platforms

Thanks guys, good to know. I personally haven't updated in a while but I am highly considering doing so soon. Wanted to make sure there isn't a reason I shouldn't.

• iPad Air iOS 7.1.2
    iPhone 6 Plus iOS 9.3

• I have different versions of iOS on each of my three devices. iPad mini-2 just got up to 10.3, and so far all is well (heavy Cubasis user). I usually keep my iPhone 6 on the most current iOS release but haven't updated from 10.2, due to laziness, I suppose. For my ipad4 I decided to stay on 9.3.1 as its mostly stable, although I've been considering going to 10.3...but I'm afraid to make such a bold move :-)

• 9.3.5. I'm never going to upgrade my iPad Air 2 no matter what new software requires 10+.

• The latest version, always.

• Always the latest official version on all my devices. If something stops working it is how it is. I don't define my creative skills by what tools I have in front of me, I'd like to think I can be creative with whatever instruments and tools given to me. Thus I think I will be creative tomorrow, with something new and groundbreaking too, which we might not know, or understand, the name or the functionality of today. The only way to get there is by not holding back progress.

• I always update to latest as well.

I wonder about the philosophy about not updating....how does that help Apple to fix problems if everyone stays on old OS?
    And how does that help a developer to make everything backwards compatible?
    Support for all these old OSs....?

Please don't take it as a criticism or attack ...just wondering why...personally I don't give a doo doo...

BTW I don't see 10.3...only 10.2

• @soundklinik said:
    I always update to latest as well.

I wonder about the philosophy about not updating....how does that help Apple to fix problems if everyone stays on old OS?

Please don't take it as a criticism or attack ...just wondering why...personally I don't give a doo doo...

10.3 is a public beta. I went for it now because of curiousity about the new file system. New file systems are rare. So far it's been uneventful

• @realdavidai said:

@soundklinik said:

10.3 is a public beta. I went for it now because of curiousity about the new file system. New file systems are rare. So far it's been uneventful

I find the optimum state for a filesystem is uneventful, good to hear.

I'm on the latest because I don't like the nagging.

• @TheVimFuego said:
    I find the optimum state for a filesystem is uneventful, good to hear.

Hahaha, indeed. :)

• @soundklinik said:

Because if you update every time the device will end earlier. because new app and new ios require more hardware power. if you remain with your ios at the time you buy it is better.
    and i don't think that new ios have less bug that mine. the first releases have more bugs in every ios version, then the latest have less bug. then they do every time new ios version to add more functions, but fi you don't need these functions there is no reasons to change.

• Always the latest, as much for security issues as anything else.

• edited March 2017

9.3.5 on my mini2. Works pefectly. Aside from the constant nagging to install the latest update that has been downloaded without my consent.
    I wonder how often it is checking for a new update and attempting download.

• @hrestov said:
    Because if you update every time the device will end earlier. because new app and new ios require more hardware power. if you remain with your ios at the time you buy it is better.
    and i don't think that new ios have less bug that mine. the first releases have more bugs in every ios version, then the latest have less bug. then they do every time new ios version to add more functions, but fi you don't need these functions there is no reasons to change.

Thanks, makes sense, Apple gets on my nerves with this continuous updates too...