Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Those "strange"apps that can do wonders with guitar.

edited March 2017 in Creations

In this demo,i use( in order) : birdstepper,idensity,jamsynth,howl,and voice rack fx.
You can get really different and intersting sounds with these apps.inspiring.i could have used many more,but it would have been an endless demo,so... ;)

Comments

• @flo26 Hmm...can't see it in here. When I go to your Soundcloud I can see a recent track (as in today) called "Apps demo with guitar", is it that one?

• Looks like Soundcloud is not working across the AB forum today, same problem in SOTMC thread.

• @hellquist said:
    @flo26 Hmm...can't see it in here. When I go to your Soundcloud I can see a recent track (as in today) called "Apps demo with guitar", is it that one?

Yes,it is!

• Birdstepper was on my wish list for a while, but now seems like abandonware, their website no longer exists, and the app hasn't been updated in almost 3 years. I thought it had potential, but it never received the love it deserved.

• edited March 2017

nice. thanks. what app is at 7:10?

• Thanks!!
    Tha app at 7:10 is jam synth. Fantastic app! Best chorus fx on ios .

• edited March 2017

Cool! I love stuff like this! But the only one of these apps I've ever heard of is Howl, and I have only used it once. How in the world would one use something like Howl with a guitar? As far as I know that app only triggers sound by touching the screen. Wish this was a video.

• Also, @flo26 , since SoundCloud lets you make comments at specific points in a track, do you think maybe you could add some comments at each point where a new effect starts? That would be helpful.

• I will think about it next time.
    Thanks!

• @Lady_App_titude said:
    Cool! I love stuff like this! But the only one of these apps I've ever heard of is Howl, and I have only used it once. How in the world would one use something like Howl with a guitar? As far as I know that app only triggers sound by touching the screen. Wish this was a video.

You can definitely use HOWL as an effect. It maybe more difficult to make the connection between the source sound and the resultant sound and will still maintain the vowel sound characteristic of the app but I find it makes for some interesting variation from the regular HOWL.

• That little staccato blues riff at ~12:20. My word. Needs to be sampled before this gets taken down. @kobamoto?

• Back when I reviewed NI Guitar Rig for Electronic Musician magazine, I created this demo. Most people think of it for authentic classic amp and stompbox emulation. But this was intended to show all the other, very UN-guitarlike effects you can get. Every sound in this track was done with simply an ordinary Stratocaster and Guitar Rig (except the drums and spoken phrase samples, which were processed with Guitar Rig):