Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg NanoPad - disappointing :(

Hey guys. So I got the NanoKey/Kontrol/Pad2 for my desktop setup (but also for use with my iPad whenever I feel like working on it). Key and Kontrol are fine, even if the Key does feel a bit like a QWERTY. But the Pad...man, I dunno if it's just mine and maybe I should get a replacement? But it's totally unusable. The actual unit itself is slightly warped so the base of it isn't really touching the desk properly. And the pads themselves don't trigger at anything other than my hardest hit. Is this "normal"? I mean I know it's cheap but £46 is £46 ya know? So has anyone else had a similar experience, and should I get a refund or is it worth trying a different unit?

Thanks!

Comments

• @chimp_spanner said:
    Hey guys. So I got the NanoKey/Kontrol/Pad2 for my desktop setup (but also for use with my iPad whenever I feel like working on it). Key and Kontrol are fine, even if the Key does feel a bit like a QWERTY. But the Pad...man, I dunno if it's just mine and maybe I should get a replacement? But it's totally unusable. The actual unit itself is slightly warped so the base of it isn't really touching the desk properly. And the pads themselves don't trigger at anything other than my hardest hit. Is this "normal"? I mean I know it's cheap but £46 is £46 ya know? So has anyone else had a similar experience, and should I get a refund or is it worth trying a different unit?

Sounds like you're describing my Akai LPD8. I had to open that one up and add layers of tape to the pressure sensors to make it more sensitive. Still no finger drumming possible - just fist-hammering :/

I guess it's an issue with all these "compact pad controllers". I'd be interested in hearing if there are similar controllers with better perfomance.

• @brambos said:

@chimp_spanner said:

Sounds like you're describing my Akai LPD8. I had to open that one up and add layers of tape to the pressure sensors to make it more sensitive. Still no finger drumming possible - just fist-hammering :/

I guess it's an issue with all these "compact pad controllers". I'd be interested in hearing if there are similar controllers with better perfomance.

I vouch for the LIVID Bluetooth controllers.

MIMIC and the WING

Amazing and so useful for so much.

I find new uses daily.

Super responsive and like the feel.

• I don't own one .. but if you could sell the the older Key and Pad units, you could put towards one if the newer NanoKey studios?
    Has keys,pads,, and x/y pad...you could keep the Kontrol 2 for faders ..
    I think Gaz's review below was mostly favorable .. but cannot recall what he said about the pads in particular :

• Oh yeah sorry I meant to say I've got the Key2 and Kontrol2. I did look at the Studio but space saving is the order of the day, so the standalone units just made more sense as I can slip them in front of my qwerty :)

I guess for now I'll return the Pad then. I mean when I say it's bad...it's bad. And it has some serious latency going on as well! Not sure what that's about. Would happily recommend the Key and Kontrol for what they are but definitely not the Pad.

Will check out Livid though!!

• edited March 2017

@chimp_spanner said:
    Oh yeah sorry I meant to say I've got the Key2 and Kontrol2. I did look at the Studio but space saving is the order of the day, so the standalone units just made more sense as I can slip them in front of my qwerty :)

I guess for now I'll return the Pad then. I mean when I say it's bad...it's bad. And it has some serious latency going on as well! Not sure what that's about. Would happily recommend the Key and Kontrol for what they are but definitely not the Pad.

Will check out Livid though!!

I have the pad2. I had the same thing with having to hit it hard. So I opened it up and did the tape thing. It made it much better. (Although you still have to tap the pads on the ends more than the ones in the middle).

I like the x/y pad - so I'm happy enough.

No latency by the way. Are you sure that's not a software issue?

• I haven't had any issues with the pad2. You can adjust the sensitivity with the editor software.

• Nah everything else seems snappy! Weird. Also didn't rate the XY either. I thought it would be kinda like a track pad but you gotta push those little lumps down pretty hard. I dunno. I'll take it back anyway and put the money towards the JU-06 assuming I can even find one. Damn things are like gold dust haha.

• It's great with iELECTRIBE.

Plug and play in native mode.

The X-Y pad does nice things.

• edited March 2017

@chimp_spanner said:
    Nah everything else seems snappy! Weird. Also didn't rate the XY either. I thought it would be kinda like a track pad but you gotta push those little lumps down pretty hard. I dunno. I'll take it back anyway and put the money towards the JU-06 assuming I can even find one. Damn things are like gold dust haha.

Just nabbed a barely-used JU-06 off the Bay for $210. B)

Sweetwater has them for $299 at 0% for 4 years if you have their card. A reasonable way to go. Haven't seen them much cheaper than $269 but they're out there.

• Its normal and same issue with my nano pad 2. Every pad feels different and some pads feels like they are stuck. Never used it much because of this and also makes me stay away from buying more korg products.

• edited March 2017

I had the nanoPad 2, tried the tape mod, but still felt the thing was very unresponsive - wasn't impressed with it, so I got a PadKontrol instead, which is much more sensitive.

• I have the the first series of nanopad, nanokontrol and nanokeys. Besides the nt very sturdy construction (hardware wise) of the last never encounter any problems with this gear. Al worked and work well with iOS.

• Orig. nano pad, as well as the padkontrol, were excellently sensitive for me. Much better than the akai mpd and m-audio. @nrgb there is a sensitivity adjustment in the software? I imagine they used the same technology for the new ones, because the old ones worked really well.

• @greengrocer said:
    I have the the first series of nanopad, nanokontrol and nanokeys. Besides the nt very sturdy construction (hardware wise) of the last never encounter any problems with this gear. Al worked and work well with iOS.

How? The first serie wasn't class compliant... or they are?

• @Dubbylabby said:

@greengrocer said:
    I have the the first series of nanopad, nanokontrol and nanokeys. Besides the nt very sturdy construction (hardware wise) of the last never encounter any problems with this gear. Al worked and work well with iOS.

Don't know but they just work on iPad, never had problems.

• @greengrocer said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@greengrocer said:

Don't know but they just work on iPad, never had problems.

If it works the it's class compliant. I thought the main feature from mk2 was class compliance... so good news then, thanks!

• @Processaurus said:
    @nrgb there is a sensitivity adjustment in the software?

Global > Common > Velocity Curve