Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Somethin a brewin on UVI facebook (BH2)

Comments

• using the word 'surprise' tells me something is imminent - as in like today maybe - or at the very least beginning of next week - Monday. Can't wait - I have a feeling this, Gadget, and the BM3 updates will keep most of us quite happy and busy over this spring/summer! oh, and KRFT too!!! Can't wait to use that to drive other apps.

• Dunno. And couldn't say even if etc. But the betas have been flowing freely. These boys have been working really HARD.

• It's going to be super interesting to see how Beathawk 2 compares to BM3 :)

• I am going to be needing an upgraded iPad soon with much more room this time out. It is good to have so many choices.

• Oh my. Beyond stoked, as BeatHawk, Gadget, and iMaschine have been my bread and butter beat boxes. But why do I not know what BM3 is (blush)?

• Is that a phone i see!?

• @Lady_App_titude said:
    Oh my. Beyond stoked, as BeatHawk, Gadget, and iMaschine have been my bread and butter beat boxes. But why do I not know what BM3 is (blush)?

BeatMaker 3

• @db909 said:
    Is that a phone i see!?

No, it's the iPad ultra mini.

• Hooray, they said next week!

• Good times ahead!

• @db909 said:
    Is that a phone i see!?

Shhh.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@db909 said:
    Is that a phone i see!?

Shhh.

I wonder if it is safe to say that it will have universal appeal?

• It's looking very very likely universal. How awesome. Didn't even know I wanted this, but reading the original reviews I am now very excited.

• Can it chop to pads? Is there a good audio editor?

• Oh My God......

Link BH2 to iSpark? Wow....

• I really don't like the usage of the word 'soon' as it just raises expectations without giving any defined time-frame...
    Anyways since I already have BeatHawk a free update is appreciated when it arrives :)

• edited March 2017

@Samu said:
    I really don't like the usage of the word 'soon' as it just raises expectations without giving any defined time-frame...
    Anyways since I already have BeatHawk a free update is appreciated when it arrives :)

They are saying next week on the Facebook page..

• @RajahP said:

@Samu said:
    I really don't like the usage of the word 'soon' as it just raises expectations without giving any defined time-frame...

Thanks, It will be really nice to see how it compares to BM3 especially regarding sampling & sample-editing(slicing, layering, synthesis, effects etc.).

I already liked the sequencer in BeatHawk but missed some details that are apparently there now, like a note grid-editor...

• Oh man they added a note editor? When I read reviews I was impressed by the balls they had to force users to jam live with no editing. Kind of a letdown lol

• @db909 said:
    Oh man they added a note editor? When I read reviews I was impressed by the balls they had to force users to jam live with no editing. Kind of a letdown lol

I hope so if those who are on beta for it have not fooled me completely :)

I hope UVI has improved every aspect of sampling and sample editing and made it possible to create instruments with layers and splits and do some slicing & dicing and not rely on the the content store for sounds...

• @Samu said:
    It's going to be super interesting to see how Beathawk 2 compares to BM3 :)

I bet bm will beat bh in what it can do. But perhaps bh will win in ease/funness of use?

• Im excited for BH2, V1 has me making beAts i never thought i could. Im definitely excited for expanded sample editing capabilities, i like the packs ive purchased IAP but dont wanna have to snag all of em

• @ToMess said:

@Samu said:
    It's going to be super interesting to see how Beathawk 2 compares to BM3 :)

I bet bm will beat bh in what it can do. But perhaps bh will win in ease/funness of use?

Might depend on whereabouts on the scientist/artist spectrum you fall.....

• @db909 said:
    Oh man they added a note editor? When I read reviews I was impressed by the balls they had to force users to jam live with no editing. Kind of a letdown lol

Very funny. This is EXACTLY what I first loved about BH. The forced freedom. Not that I will kick the note editor out of bed for eating crackers, if, you know, they decide to include such an item...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

From what I know about BM3 so far is that there is no need to be a 'geek' to enjoy it.
    If you love AudioShare style file management BM3 will feel almost like 'coming home' :)

• @Samu said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

From what I know about BM3 so far is that there is no need to be a 'geek' to enjoy it.
    If you love AudioShare style file management BM3 will feel almost like 'coming home' :)

I'm sure you're right, but can a geek be trusted to know what non-geeks will enjoy or understand? This is one of the (almost) timeless questions... :)

• edited March 2017

@Samu said:

@RajahP said:

@Samu said:

Thanks, It will be really nice to see how it compares to BM3 especially regarding sampling & sample-editing(slicing, layering, synthesis, effects etc.).

I already liked the sequencer in BeatHawk but missed some details that are apparently there now, like a note grid-editor...

Looks like the wait is almost over... The Paino roll is one feature that have me in suspense.. And LINK is a big plus..

Edit..... and phone (uni) too..

• @RajahP said:

@Samu said:

@RajahP said:

@Samu said:

Looks like the wait is almost over... The Paino roll is one feature that have me in suspense.. And LINK is a big plus..

Edit..... and phone (uni) too..

Yeah, but the most important thing will be 'work flow' and 'speed' and 'ease of use'.
    (Ie. how easy is it to sample and use IAA/AUv3 sources, Import/Edit/Manage Samples, Create 'Instruments', Record and Edit patterns/sequences etc.).

Soon enough we'll see what we get, can't say no to a 'free' update :D

• I love Beathawk, so I'm jazzed to see what's coming.

I tried to love BM2, so I'm less than jazzed to see what's coming there. Interface experience was akin to wandering the corridors in the 8th level of Hell ... for me. I recognize and respect that others find it to be perfectly to their liking.

I really tried to love BM2, but it just cast me aside for some younger, fetching li'l cupcake :wink:

• I just got clearance from the lady to upgrade our iphone, so im super stoked that this will possibly be available in that format. im dreaming of making beats on the crapper on break at work.