Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Patterning Update

In the app store. I tend to update everything without a thought. But with Patterning — ooh, there's a lot of me in there.
There's no reason to be cautious about updating, is there?

Comments

• Depends on the reason to update for me. Going over to see what is new under the hood first.

• I haven't really run it through its paces yet but I messed about with IAA in GarageBand for a bit last night and it was fine. Going to try .als export this weekend

• 'is it safe ?'

• @Paul16 said:
    'is it safe ?'

Seems to be.

• Working fine for me.

• Still not universal. I hope that someday in the near future Patterning I can use it on my iPhone.

• the update is brilliant. absolutely love it :D

• edited March 2017

Dayum looks like I missed the last update, sloppy Gus, sloppy...

• 'MIDI Output Enhancements' sounds dreamy...

• @greengrocer said:
    Still not universal. I hope that someday in the near future Patterning I can use it on my iPhone.

Would be nice however I suspect the circle UI would be hard to manage on small screen.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@greengrocer said:
    Still not universal. I hope that someday in the near future Patterning I can use it on my iPhone.

Would be nice however I suspect the circle UI would be hard to manage on small screen.

Agree but if we see that fieldscaper is also universal and how tiny that is I think patterning would be also okay. Especially for iPhone plus owners.

• I'm going to have go as far as saying that I need patterning on the iPhone too :blush:

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@Paul16 said:
    'is it safe ?'

Seems to be.

Merci beaucoup

• @kobamoto said:
    I'm going to have go as far as saying that I need patterning on the iPhone too :blush:

Yep. There's an iPhone plus user over here too that would love to use Patterning.

• I'd use it daily on my phone.

• I don't know what it will take , if it's more money via iap or what but I sure hope we can get this app on the fast track. Get the probability feature expanded to include the majority of the rest of the parameters, improved sample editing, individual kits per pattern, simultaneous pattern play, modulation fx, universality etc..... there are just too many excellent reasons to use this app right now, and too many more on the horizon that he's spoken of in the past..... will continue to hope Ben knows how important the app is. He can have my money as I don't even want it as long as we're waiting for Patterning features!!!

• @Paul16 said:
    'is it safe ?'

Its safe it's incredibly safe it's so safe you wouldn't believe it...

• OK, so here's a wrinkle.
    Updated Patterning. I have a track in Modstep that uses Patterning via Midi Learn. It's great, but since the Patterning update, the only drum that comes through is the kick. I panicked at first, thinking the update overwrote my beats, but that's not the case. If I open Patterning and not Modstep, the original pattern is still there. It's strange. I rebooted and the same thing: only the kick. (The other IAA apps read fine.) I guess I can reload the track and redo the Midi Learn, no big deal. But has anyone seen this?

• SOLVED. apparently the update flipped the Patterning outs; I was now triggering Channel 1 instead of the main Patterning out. Easy fix. Also, was there always an IAA transport in Patterning? THERE IS NOW!

• I just want to organize my samples.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    SOLVED. apparently the update flipped the Patterning outs; I was now triggering Channel 1 instead of the main Patterning out. Easy fix. Also, was there always an IAA transport in Patterning? THERE IS NOW!

The IAA host panel shows up when you connect the main outs of Patterning, but not the individual ones. The main out of Patterning is also the only one that accepts IAA host sync.

• edited March 2017

@FlightManual said:
    I just want to organize my samples.

This. I use a renaming app on my mac to add prefixes to sounds.

E.g. Classic linndrum samples are just named "kick", so I add the prefix to get "linndrum-kick", etc.

• @benkamen said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    SOLVED. apparently the update flipped the Patterning outs; I was now triggering Channel 1 instead of the main Patterning out. Easy fix. Also, was there always an IAA transport in Patterning? THERE IS NOW!

The IAA host panel shows up when you connect the main outs of Patterning, but not the individual ones. The main out of Patterning is also the only one that accepts IAA host sync.

I'm not exactly sure what that means! I've got it working; don't confuse me! :)
    But something did change with the update, yes? What worked one way before the update no longer worked after, correct? Not trying to find blame; just trying to hold onto the one shred of midi knowledge I thought I had!

• I'm not exactly sure what that means! I've got it working; don't confuse me! :)
    But something did change with the update, yes? What worked one way before the update no longer worked after, correct? Not trying to find blame; just trying to hold onto the one shred of midi knowledge I thought I had!

Sorry, not trying to confuse you. There are 9 IAA outputs -- the master output + one for each track. If you use the master output, you get the IAA transport.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@benkamen said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

basic gist of it is. add the main output in addition to the multi outs. just mute it. you will still have all 8 outs and also have iaa transport.

• Ben could you tell us what's next on the Patterning Roadmap, or post a link to the Roadmap?

regards

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@benkamen said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

basic gist of it is. add the main output in addition to the multi outs. just mute it. you will still have all 8 outs and also have iaa transport.

No, I get it. But I originally had the main output in the track, and after the update, suddenly I have only channel 1, the kick. I was just perplexed for a moment.

• @kobamoto said:
    Ben could you tell us what's next on the Patterning Roadmap, or post a link to the Roadmap?

regards

I can't, I've made the mistake in the past of promising features and then finding out that I couldn't make them happen. Most of my development time is on Chordion 2 right now, but I do have a new Patterning feature in the pipeline. I do like seeing the feature requests, though.

• Thanks for the info Ben, guess we'll just have to be patient and understanding :)
    my greatest fear is that Patterning becomes another Samplr

• Just working with Patterning again last night, after Tritonman mentioned somebody on the iPad users facebook group posted a jazz-brushes kit.
    What a beautiful app. Such a joy to work with. I can't imagine what feature @benkamen could possibly be working on. Playable pads? It's remarkable.