Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

App Sale Casio CZ now $7.99 from $19.99 cheapest price ever

App Sale Casio CZ now $7.99 from $19.99 cheapest price ever

"Chordana Play English version Release Anniversary Sale" being held!
We are selling at a special price of 60% off!
It will be sold at the special price on March 31, 2017 from March 10, 2017 (Japan time) !
Please purchase as soon as possible

The App is quite often updated.
Last update: Version 1.1.1 Dec 15 '16

Comments

• mmm thanks, might jump on this, even though the stock sounds seem pretty bad. Hope they add AU support and sysex import.

• I like it. Presets are not good, basic 80s type CZ patches. But it's easy to make your own. AU would be good.

• Are there any patches out there on the interwebs for this? Have bought.

Trying to have a go converting some cz-1 patches found online, opening them up into Patch Base and trying to dial in the same info. Pretty tricky.

Is there a way to turn off the second wave? you seem to be able to select each wave but not turn one off....

• edited March 2017

I would normally buy this but 1) you're scaring me and 2) I have just bought WHAT IS SURELY THE BEST SYNTH MACHINE EVAH and therefore am not about to fall for some hyper-bowl. And , hey, if I take the 8 bucks I would have spent here and apply it in a way that bears no relation to reality against my previous BEST SYNTH MACHINE EVAH purchase it's getting almost free by the minute.

I think I've got the Friday afternoons....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I would normally buy this but 1) you're scaring me and 2) I have just bought WHAT IS SURELY THE BEST SYNTH MACHINE EVAH and therefore am not about to fall for some hyper-bowl. And , hey, if I take the 8 bucks I would have spent here and apply it in a way that bears no relation to reality against my previous BEST SYNTH MACHINE EVAH purchase it's getting almost free by the minute.

Do you like the Layr thng that much? I can't remember the last time I spent twenty poun on a synth, but I'm starting to feel left out look, and it's Friday.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

Buying this was a way of making up for not getting Layr yet :) This definitely doesn't have the same instant appeal but I think it can make some good sounds if you program and add reverb sauce etc it but I'm not finding it easy....If it could import sysex then you could load in a lot of web patches

• @MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Do you like the Layr thng that much? I can't remember the last time I spent twenty poun on a synth, but I'm starting to feel left out look, and it's Friday.

I do like it, but I was teasing here about the babble over there...Layr is very clever and full of possibilities, already evident and also likely coming...I'm sold because it's complex, but I can use it immediately. I am sure if we were all starting from scratch (as regards not having any synths) this would be one to get, but, hey, we're not. We have a shitload already. AND I don't know how it will fit in what you like to do. My instinct (for you) would be either to wait for three months and take another view, by which time there will be a load more shared 'patches' or just to buy it as Friday night fuck it. Both work.

• Chordana Composer by CASIO COMPUTER CO., LTD.
    https://appsto.re/gb/Em754.i

Is on sale too !

• @Carnbot said:
    Are there any patches out there on the interwebs for this? Have bought.

Trying to have a go converting some cz-1 patches found online, opening them up into Patch Base and trying to dial in the same info. Pretty tricky.

Is there a way to turn off the second wave? you seem to be able to select each wave but not turn one off....

I don't think there is a way to turn off waves. Let us know how you get on patch making. I've stuck to making original patches as I have the Virtual CZ vst for loading old hardware presets.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

I do like it, but I was teasing here about the babble over there...Layr is very clever and full of possibilities, already evident and also likely coming...I'm sold because it's complex, but I can use it immediately. I am sure if we were all starting from scratch (as regards not having any synths) this would be one to get, but, hey, we're not. We have a shitload already. AND I don't know how it will fit in what you like to do. My instinct (for you) would be either to wait for three months and take another view, by which time there will be a load more shared 'patches' or just to buy it as Friday night fuck it. Both work.

I only had about two hours sleep last night, so I'd probably doze off before it had finished downloading. I'm ok with waiting, it takes something a bit special to prize that much lucre from my wallet, and Blocs, ReSlice and KRFT are giving me hours of pleasure at the moment. Bugger it, I'm off to Tesco's for a Gala pie and HobNobs.

• @MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

I only had about two hours sleep last night, so I'd probably doze off before it had finished downloading. I'm ok with waiting, it takes something a bit special to prize that much lucre from my wallet, and Blocs, ReSlice and KRFT are giving me hours of pleasure at the moment. Bugger it, I'm off to Tesco's for a Gala pie and HobNobs.

And that'll be twenty quid right there but delicious look you.

• edited March 2017

@pichi said:

@Carnbot said:

I don't think there is a way to turn off waves. Let us know how you get on patch making. I've stuck to making original patches as I have the Virtual CZ vst for loading old hardware presets.

Thanks, yes seems to be actually quite easy to program and play around compared to FM synths it's only frustrating if you are trying to match an existing patch as then it seems a bit fiddly and inaccurate, eg you can't type in values.

Overall though I like it, although I'm occasionally am getting some cut outs in AUM.
    Could do with a randomiser too.

Do you know if it recognises any midi cc's?
    Also is there a way to save all 4 performance patches as one preset?

• edited March 2017

@Carnbot said:

@pichi said:

@Carnbot said:

I may be misunderstanding what you want, but you can select wave 1, 2, or some combinations of them in the Line Select menu.

Edit: Oh, actually, you probably mean the 8 oscillator waveforms? I think you just select the same for 1 and 2 if you only want one, but I'm not certain. That seems to be what the included presets do, at least.

• @Vecoto said:

@Carnbot said:

@pichi said:

@Carnbot said:

I may be misunderstanding what you want, but you can select wave 1, 2, or some combinations of them in the Line Select menu.

Maybe that's it, I was trying to replicate a patch which I loaded into the Patch Base app. In that you can set the second wave to be "off" but you can't seem to do that in the CZ app but you can select either wave. You can also select the line combinations separately but I thought that meant different combinations of DC01 and DC02 but I could be wrong.

Takes a while to get into but you can definitely get some nice sounds out of this :)

• @Carnbot said:

Sorry, I'm not that advanced with it. :p The issue I had with it was I couldn't get it to sound the same controlling it via midi in a DAW. The way it's set up you really have to play it and record as audio to capture the sounds.

• @pichi said:

@Carnbot said:

Sorry, I'm not that advanced with it. :p The issue I had with it was I couldn't get it to sound the same controlling it via midi in a DAW. The way it's set up you really have to play it and record as audio to capture the sounds.

Actually, I just tested it in Auria on a midi track and it worked perfectly, which was not the case in MTS. Not AU, but 4 track multitimbral so you can do 4 midi tracks if you want. No multitimbral patch save as far as I can tell however.

• bought. hard to resist at this price, I mean, a synth classic, recreated by the original company, for a few €€.
    And much easier to program than I would have thought.

• Yes it's really good at this price. Despite needing multiple patch saving which hopefully they'll add.

And the fact you can only program the first patch in the mix is strange, would be good if you could select the part and then be able to program that etc

• @Carnbot said:
    Yes it's really good at this price. Despite needing multiple patch saving which hopefully they'll add.

And the fact you can only program the first patch in the mix is strange, would be good if you could select the part and then be able to program that etc

yep, agree. that is the most missing feature for me -- the multi timbrality would be so much more usefull if any of the four could be edited directly.