Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Holderness Media Updates

Holderness Media just updated all apps with a state-saving option and, most notably, Audiobus 3 compatibility.

Comments

• Lots of AB3 compatible apps now.....now we just need AB3!

• Would love to see some new apps from them...

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Lots of AB3 compatible apps now.....now we just need AB3!

Or AU updates

• AU please.

• Another vote for AU

• Yes, AU would be great! I use Stereo Designer in Auria all the time.

• edited March 2017

Recharged ultra love for holderness. Now.......to the iPad!

• Yet another vote for AU here. These apps would make amazing AUs!

• @kgmessier said:
    Yes, AU would be great! I use Stereo Designer in Auria all the time.

Bing, bing, bing.

• AU would/will be amazing, but this update is a big deal. Crystalline got dropped from my setup because it wouldn't hold it's state!

• I was glad to see all the updates today. Crystalline is the most amazing effect app for iOS. It was one of the deciding factors for me moving from a hardware guitar rig to all iOS. Sounds every bit as good as my Big Sky. Hopefully the update will help with the issue I've had running it in Tonestack.

• edited March 2017

I have noticed that although the save state does work awesome the preset that is selected does not highlight. Minor thing I guess but I don't see a way of confirming which preset is active other than tapping and guessing. That is only on first load, once you tap on a preset they remain highlighted from then on.
    Am I missing something?

• @Matthew said:
    I was glad to see all the updates today. Crystalline is the most amazing effect app for iOS. It was one of the deciding factors for me moving from a hardware guitar rig to all iOS. Sounds every bit as good as my Big Sky. Hopefully the update will help with the issue I've had running it in Tonestack.

As IAA? I've had nothing but trouble in TS with IAA.

• edited March 2017

Yeah, it just dies after a while it seems. But I just realized it's better to run it via Audiobus or AUM and assign a midi control to the bypass in crystalline. That way you get "trails" when truning it off. Seems to work reliably too.

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Matthew said:
    I was glad to see all the updates today. Crystalline is the most amazing effect app for iOS. It was one of the deciding factors for me moving from a hardware guitar rig to all iOS. Sounds every bit as good as my Big Sky. Hopefully the update will help with the issue I've had running it in Tonestack.

• I also have nothing but trouble using IAA apps. Works for a few minutes and always crashing after a while in the background. AU please.

• I really don't mind iaa, barely use au. For some reason I might prefer iaa. Don't mean to be a contrarian just sharing.

• "Holderness helps my vision to crystallize ..." :wink:

• @Matthew said:
    Yeah, it just dies after a while it seems. But I just realized it's better to run it via Audiobus or AUM and assign a midi control to the bypass in crystalline. That way you get "trails" when truning it off. Seems to work reliably too.

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Matthew said:

any threads on using AUM as the primary audio router in recording guitar or live rig use? I have gotten to where there are a number of different IAA apps I need to load up everytime. Tone Stac, Fiddlicator, Crystallin.

I would love if the "save state" feature helped just load all apps just how they should be for a preset.