Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pioneer AS1 or Moog Minitaur?

What would you pick?
The AS1 with its single prophet6 osc or the Moog?
I want speaker shaking sub bass and this will be purely for bass lines..
What do you guys think! Want to add some analog to my iOS setup

Comments

• edited March 2017

Moog sub phatty.

• Sub phatty or mother 32

• Arrggh out of my budget :(
    Could probably stretch for the mother 32 but is it as good on bass line stuff?

• A user over on the Akai mpc forum posted this track using a Minotaur for the baseline, sounds fantastic
    https://fanu.bandcamp.com/track/minitaur-thing

• Mother 32 would definitely be more flexible and on a decent pair of monitors (5" woofer with no sub) I can't hear the lowest bass but that woofer is crankin' B)

https://www.moogmusic.com/products/semi-modular/mother-32

But if you're on a budget the Mini sounds good and you've got more knobs/controls right up front.

Or wait for this:

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2017/03/09/uli-behringer-teases-400-behringer-d-eurorack-minimoog-clone/

• @mireko_2 said:
    What would you pick?
    The AS1 with its single prophet6 osc or the Moog?
    I want speaker shaking sub bass and this will be purely for bass lines..
    What do you guys think! Want to add some analog to my iOS setup

From what i have read the pioneer has 2 osc. Differences are that the pioneer has a sequencer and mini keyboard but less knobs. Haven't heard the pioneer but the minitaur sounds fantastic. Both have preset saving (which is why i don't want the mother 32). In my current portable state i would probably prefer the pioneer.

• The Mother 32 has just one single VCO. But this one nasty VCO sounds so badass:

• These kind of bass heavy sounds apparently the mother can't do because the filter looses bass as you wind up the resonance

• Actually heard a dsi demo today and i like the minitaur way more

• Buy a MICROBRUTE and MOTHER

{PRoblem solVeD)

• @5pinlink said:
    korg monologue or wait a while for a second hand Deepmind

I wonder if the monologue can pull of the same smooth bass? All the demos I've seen it's more abrasive, will watch some more videos

• edited March 2017

@RustiK said:
    Buy a MICROBRUTE and MOTHER

{PRoblem solVeD)

Hmm the microbrute is a much harsher sounding synth right? Also 450+850 = 1300$ vs the 800 of the minitaur.

Eg the song I posted further up^
    Do you think that kind of bass could be done on a microbrute?

• @mireko_2 said:

@RustiK said:

{PRoblem solVeD)

Hmm the microbrute is a much harsher sounding synth right?

Only if you turn the knobs > 50%. That's when they go into overdrive mode (literally). Keep those knobs below 12 o'clock and the Brutes are smooth as butter.

• @brambos said:

@mireko_2 said:

@RustiK said:

{PRoblem solVeD)

Hmm the microbrute is a much harsher sounding synth right?

Only if you turn the knobs > 50%. That's when they go into overdrive mode (literally). Keep those knobs below 12 o'clock and the Brutes are smooth as butter.

Interesting, good to know thanks. Do you think they have the bass presence of the moog though?

• @mireko_2 said:

Interesting, good to know thanks. Do you think they have the bass presence of the moog though?

It's pretty good at bass, but not so good at sounding like a Moog. Moogs have a pretty distinctive sound, and if that's what you're after I would recommend to go for the real thing. The Brutes are more versatile than they're given credit for, but their Steiner Parker filter gives it a personality that stands out; so it's pretty much a taste thing.

• edited March 2017

AS1 is a Dave Smith instrument, which might affect a decision either way.

Audio demo starts at 1:56:

• @brambos said:

@mireko_2 said:

It's pretty good at bass, but not so good at sounding like a Moog. Moogs have a pretty distinctive sound, and if that's what you're after I would recommend to go for the real thing. The Brutes are more versatile than they're given credit for, but their Steiner Parker filter gives it a personality that stands out; so it's pretty much a taste thing.

What he said......................

• @brambos said:
    It's pretty good at bass, but not so good at sounding like a Moog. Moogs have a pretty distinctive sound, and if that's what you're after I would recommend to go for the real thing.

+1. There's loads of differences between these two instruments that might sway you one way or another but if you want 'Moog Bass', the Minitaur is the only way to go. Sounds incredible and can definitely kick it out more bass boom than the m32. One thing to be aware of though: it is really a "bass synth" — it tops out at C6 (MIDI note #72). It does not respond to MIDI messages above that note. Not sure if that's the same for CV.

• @mireko_2 said:

@5pinlink said:

I wonder if the monologue can pull of the same smooth bass? All the demos I've seen it's more abrasive, will watch some more videos

It can definitely do smooth bass but yes, in general, it's an abrasive synth.

• Man, now you have me eyeing the AS1 again.

• @5pinlink said:

Ah "Deepmind". What a beast of a synth! Bravo to Behringer fotputting it out at such great price but even used it cost significantly more unfortunately.

• edited March 2017

You could wait for Uli Behringers soon to be released Moog Model D clone for 400$: http://www.synthanatomy.com/2017/03/behringer-d-synth-more-details-announced.html?m=1

• @Heiliger_Bimbam said:
    You could wait for Uli Behringers soon to be released Moog Model D clone for 400$: http://www.synthanatomy.com/2017/03/behringer-d-synth-more-details-announced.html?m=1

"soon" to be released.. hmm. Hopefully soon

• Thanks for all the input guys/gals.

I think i'm pretty set on the Minitaur, but will wait until I can use a AS-1 in person. The AS-1 looks like it can also pull off some really nice lead stuff and if it can also do the bass stuff I want then I will get that, otherwise I will just stick with the Moog

• annnd i also stumbled across this listening to the sonicstate podcast. Everyone raves about it

• minitaur for the win

• @vpich said:
    minitaur for the win

Lovely!!