Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Chordbot 3.0 Update Midi and Wav Export fixed

RJBRJB
edited March 2017 in General App Discussion

I can't believe it either but everyone's favourite composition app Chordbot has been updated and it looks great.

Comments

• Almost scared to update it :)

• Check it out, it's much improved!

• ...has been two and half years since the last bug fix.

• Not able to "open in" Cubasis, midi or wave just boots out of the app.

• Really nice to be able to change chords while your song is playing.

• Guys this is the best year for all IOS music dreams!!!! Loving 2017!!!! Thank you Jesus!!!!

• New song styles with live changes of styles, chords, timing; this is nice.

• @RJB said:
    New song styles with live changes of styles, chords, timing; this is nice.

Yeah, the only problem with this one was the feeling I always had that I was way over the cheating line, so straightforward was it/is it to write the music part of a song :)

• It reminds me of my Atari days with "Band in the Box" where you lay out your song structure and then let your computer Band play along.

• Fuck yes!

• @db909 said:
    Fuck yes!

I am also quite pleased.

• @RJB said:
    Not able to "open in" Cubasis, midi or wave just boots out of the app.

Yeah. Export to Midi and Wav crashes out here too, Pro/latest.

• edited March 2017

Well that was short lived. Crashes for me too. Literally the one function we need the most. I am no longer pleased.

• Tried reboot, no love. However, it DOES export wav or midi to dropbox and then (of course) back wherever you want....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Tried reboot, no love. However, it DOES export wav or midi to dropbox and then (of course) back wherever you want....

Well that's a thing right there.

• @db909 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Tried reboot, no love. However, it DOES export wav or midi to dropbox and then (of course) back wherever you want....

Well that's a thing right there.

Yeah, opens neatly straight into Auria and off we go. But still, would be nice if Plan A worked. Let's hope as it's just been updated the dev will come back around (before 2 and a half more years :)) and take a look at the bug...it is a pretty thing. Pleased that the drag and drop reordering and undo/redo is working well...

• Cool, Dev told me this would be updated soon. He's pretty responsive. Anybody informed him of the bug yet?

Question: Are all your previous Chordbot files there and working after update? Just checking before I dive in.

Cheers.

• Meh, thought it was Chordion.

• @supadom said:
    Meh, thought it was Chordion.

Same here, I went from "Chordion update ? YIHAAAA", to "Bebot update ? Yeaaah" to "Chordbot update ! meh"... LOL

• Update is 64bit device only though.......

• Emailed him about the export bug

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Cool, Dev told me this would be updated soon. He's pretty responsive. Anybody informed him of the bug yet?

Question: Are all your previous Chordbot files there and working after update? Just checking before I dive in.

Cheers.

All of my terrible files are exactly as I left them. Now a REALLY clever update would have sorted out my lack of tuneful talent as well....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    Cool, Dev told me this would be updated soon. He's pretty responsive. Anybody informed him of the bug yet?

Cheers.

All of my terrible files are exactly as I left them. Now a REALLY clever update would have sorted out my lack of tuneful talent as well....

It's Chordbot, what talent do you need? Just do I - vi - IV - V* and you're golden, instant song!

*in C major that would be C Am F G, the backbone of a million hits.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@SpookyZoo said:

It's so much easier to use now that you may have sold yourself short. As incredible as this thing is, the hopping from window to window before was a real hindrance to results if you didn't buckle down. And it is cheating. Glorious cheating. Just mangle it later until you feel better.

Very disappointed that a little backwards compatibility couldn't have been maintained, as I cannot use this new version on my non-gigantic iPhone 5. There's nothing groundbreaking about the new interface— just more logical. But, oh well. Gift horses.

• edited March 2017

@richardyot said:

Just do I - vi - IV - V* and you're golden, instant song!

must have made about a dozen songs or so out of this progression over the years

bringing the midi from Chordbot over to Cubase or Ableton was already leading to some good and useful results here, especially when fed into some orchestral instruments (strings) or dynamic synth sounds

• How is using Chordbot cheating?

• @asnor What is cheating? Who am facts? Nobody knows anymore.

• edited March 2017

@asnor said:
    How is using Chordbot cheating?

The moment you cheat for the sake of beauty, you know you’re an artist. (Hockney)

• @richardyot said:

JG rushes off to make his fortune...

• Honestly curious. I use it to play around with chord combinations when I'm sans guitar, or piano. Is that musically unethical?