Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Amazing Noises Limiter and Reverb - beta testing Au version

Ever since I signed up to be a beta tester for Moebius Lab, I get regular emails to beta test the other AN apps. In the last few days, I've got notifications to test Limiter and Reverb and I noticed that they are both now Au compatible. These are the only AN apps I haven't purchased, but I may have to pick them up now that I've played with them.

Anyway - haven't seen any news here about it so I thought I'd give everyone the heads up. Can you imagine if Moebius Lab was Au compatible?!?!?! I hope that's where this is headed.

What are others' thoughts on Amazing Noises apps? How does Reverb compare to the new FabFilter Pro-R in Auria? I'm sure the Fab Filter fans will say there is no comparison, but I just love the ability of the AN stuff to absolutely destroy the sound. I haven't quite figured out the application for these yet, but I'm working on it!

Comments

• I own all of the Amazing Noises apps except for Reverb. Even bought the full-version IAP in the free Dubfilter. Haven't gone for Reverb since I've got so many of those already, but I got the beta test invite too. Curious to play. I can't answer your question comparing to Pro-R because I don't have that one yet, but I can say the new AUv3 beta of Limiter is significantly better than the version I bought a few months ago. It's rock solid and I've tried it on multiple tracks in AUM as well as Auria Pro. No hiccups at all.

The version I bought was good, but it was too easy to get out of control with it and completely destroy the sound. That could be user ignorance, but I found it a challenge. Now, this new beta is definitely the cat's meow yo! :)

• Nice - I don't have much use for Limiter, but I like how you can push it into crazy distortion fairly easily. Still wrapping my head on how to NOT do that and have it be useable, however I really like the idea of using that awesomely ratty direct digital distortion on a lead guitar track. I'm sure I'll end up picking these up soon enough.

I really want to dig into the Apesoft stuff also, but I can't justify having too many of the same thing. I've already got about 12 too many synths...

Such first-world problems I have.

• edited March 2017

@dvlmusic said:
    Nice - I don't have much use for Limiter, but I like how you can push it into crazy distortion fairly easily. Still wrapping my head on how to NOT do that and have it be useable, however I really like the idea of using that awesomely ratty direct digital distortion on a lead guitar track. I'm sure I'll end up picking these up soon enough.

I really want to dig into the Apesoft stuff also, but I can't justify having too many of the same thing. I've already got about 12 too many synths...

Such first-world problems I have.

I'm no expert, but I mostly use limiter for apps that don't have any control of their output... and are coming into AUM way too hot. I drop Limiter in the chain and adjust to calm it down. This happens often enough that's its great Amazing Noises has now made it AU. :)

• Could someone post how to use this limiter in AUM?

• Y'know I hadn't thought of that. I'm using Auria and there are a handful of synths or patches that just blow the doors off the input gain. This would be perfect to get a handle on that.

Sweet - thanks for the suggestion!

• Limiter is really good with unpredictable apps that can send an uncontrollable feedback or sudden burst of sound.
    It's the last FX in the chain.

• Excellent. Everyone needs a limiter for mastering. I'll pick it up if it goes AU. Auria has a built in one, but I don't find it so easy to use. The Fab one is too expensive, so this could be just the ticket for me.

• Is the built in AUM peak limiter insufficient?

• The updates are live with AUv3 support.

• Love these and even better as AU :)

• OMG!!!! This limiter is so much better now!!! Inserted as AU in AUM or Audiobus and I pushed it to the max with a KRFT song and nothing was getting past threshold!!! Superb job!!! Left great app review!!

• Question:is the limiter supposed to go ore or post on master channel?

• edited March 2017

No limiter:

Limiter on:

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Question:is the limiter supposed to go ore or post on master channel?

On a master bus, a limiter is typically inserted as the last effect in the chain. I can't think of a good reason to use pre/post on your master bus.