Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Lightning to usb 3 camera adapter update

Just noticed having plugged in the camera connection kit that it was updating ...
Thoughts?

Comments

• Oh, I got that message earlier and cancelled it because it's always worked fine so far.

• Updating what?

• I vw been getting this same message. I was about to ask the same thing on here.

• I accepted the update, and it completed successfully, and am still getting the request to update window, but less frequently than before.

I haz a weird.

• edited March 2017

What ?

Edit:- plugged it in and got the message as well. Anyone have any idea what it does ? I'd rather not break something that works fine for me so will wait till someone else tests this out.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Updating what?

The Apple Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter

• edited March 2017

Yeah, but updating it in what fashion? What does it fix or what will it do that it didn't before....

I've never had any problem with mine so likewise don't want to do an update that I'm unclear about

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Yeah, but updating it in what fashion? What does it fix or what will it do that it didn't before....

I've never had any problem with mine so likewise don't want to do an update that I'm unclear about

Oh, I see what you mean. Yes, I still have exactly the same questions. It's rather puzzling!

• Nice chatting with you.
    Here's the transcript of your chat with Apple Support:
    Thursday, Mar 09, 2017 08:30 PM
    Duration 10 minutes 3 seconds

Joe
    Thanks for contacting Apple Support. My name is Joe. Please give me a moment to look over your information.

Joe
    Hey there! How are you doing today? Just in case this chat becomes disconnected please chat us back at http://www.apple.com/support/. When you chat back in, please reference your case number: 1. This will give the next advisor immediate access to my case notes and your case history.

Joe
    What seems to be giving you trouble today?

Me
    Hi joe I just want to know about the update to the Lightning to USB 3 adaptor What will it do? As at the moment it's working fine as far as I can tell

Joe
    You definitely came to the right place! I can see why you chatted in about this—just to be sure we’re on the same page here, what would you like to know in general?

Joe
    And is this the camera adapter piece?

ME
    The purpose of the update, what functions will it change or add

ME
    Yes but the one that also powers the iPad

Joe
    Ah, great question! The update primarily just improves data transfer rates.

Joe
    It is evidently a huge improvement over the predecessor.

Joe
    Are you still there?

ME
    So you think it's safe to update ? I mainly use it for connection of music controllers like keyboards not for transferring photos

Joe
    Yeah definitely! In that case, you’d not really be running any compatibility risk.

ME
    Yes slow typist

Joe
    No problem—it’s just an auto-timer haha

Joe
    You would be totally fine to update. It’s supported natively across many platforms as well, so no worries.

ME
    Ok that's all thanks

Joe
    You are very welcome! It has certainly been a pleasure chatting with you today. If you may need any further assistance please feel free to chat back in. Apple chat support is open 24/7 and always happy to help. Thanks for chatting in with me , make sure you check your email for your case number from today. If you don’t have any further questions, please close the chat window. Have a great rest of your day!

Sincerely,
    Apple Support
    TM and copyright © 2017
    All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | Support | Give us feedback
    On behalf of Apple Distribution International

• edited March 2017

So there we have it, it's meant to speed up data transfer rates.

Don't you just love Apple speak.

• @BiancaNeve - Thanks for getting that info, much appreciated

• Would anyone be so kind as to do before/after comparisons ? I'm quite curious how this affects simultaneous controllers etc.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    So there we have it, it's meant to speed up data transfer rates.

Don't you just love Apple speak.

Thx ;)

• It is evidently a huge improvement over the predecessor

sounds to me like he misunderstood the question. his answer sounds like the answer to 'what is better if I update to the new camera adapter?' -- faster transfer rates.
    otherwise, why would he mention the predecessor?

• @nick said:

It is evidently a huge improvement over the predecessor

sounds to me like he misunderstood the question. his answer sounds like the answer to 'what is better if I update to the new camera adapter?' -- faster transfer rates.
    otherwise, why would he mention the predecessor?

Hmmmmm you might be right....

Oh well

• And why if @decibelle updated it are they still getting the message? Seems kind of like a virus

• I tried the Apple support online chat thing. I was told that it's just a firmware update for some camera leads, so not really any relevance to my use, but there's no harm updating anyway.

• Apple is hardly going to say "Oh no don't use our update it's dangerous!"

• @decibelle said:
    Apple is hardly going to say "Oh no don't use our update it's dangerous!"

If it was dangerous, then why even release it?

• @mistercharlie said:

@decibelle said:

You do realise that apple has bricked older ipads and iPod touches with updates before right ? I always approach updates with caution since then. Actually bricked my iPod touch 2 once.

• I've read that it may be something to do with Ethernet connectivity?

• @Nu2moro said:
    I've read that it may be something to do with Ethernet connectivity?

As in "crippling" or "disabling of" or actually "enabling Gb ethernet for the 12.9 or other forthcomming (USB3 enabled) iDevices". Quite interesting. Hmm..

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@mistercharlie said:

@decibelle said:

You do realise that apple has bricked older ipads and iPod touches with updates before right ? I always approach updates with caution since then. Actually bricked my iPod touch 2 once.

second that

• I updated mine and so far it didn't bother me again.