Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The missing link.

edited December 2012 in General App Discussion

What we need now that Audiobus is here is a real stereo multi-effect. Good news:

http://www.idesignsound.com/coming-soon-elephantcandy-announce-livefx-for-ipad/

Comments

• Hope we can actually use it in the effects slot. Youtube clip shows it used in the output.

• Oh, that looks quite nice.

I asked Matt of Nanostudio about packaging up the NS effects into a stand alone app for the AB filter slot. Considering how many you can run inside of NS with synths and automation and blah blah blah, the CPU footprint on them must be incredibly small. Perfect for that slot. No idea if he's interested but I know I am!

• @Eastwood:
    Damn, you're right! I really hope we'll be able to put it in the effect slot as well. So obvious...

• @Easrtwood

Great spot. Elephantcandy's EQu app is actually pretty decent for a digital EQ so I have quite high hopes for this one.

And because it's still in development it looks like they'll have the chance to explore how best to integrate Live FX into the Audiobus workflow.

• copied and pasted from Synthtopia:-

"niels - elephantcandy on December 27, 2012 at 4:36 am said:
    Just to let you know, LiveFX can be run in the Input, FX and Output slots."

Reported by Owen on Discchord.

A great news!

• That IS great news.. God we need more effect apps.

• Just like a man:

sees hole, must fill.