Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: 25 Songs That Tell Us Where Music Is Going (according to the NYT Magazine)

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/03/09/magazine/25-songs-that-tell-us-where-music-is-going.html

One or two nice essays here. Some pretentious twaddle (to these ears) also.

I don't post this to start an argument of any kind (too many fish, too big a barrel), but because it can be interesting to keep an eye on what the mainstream thinks the mainstream is etc.

Comments

• Thanks for posting. However, I admit that as soon as I got to the part in the Adele essay where she mentioned Lindsey Buckingham plinking guitar, i xed out and put on Mirage. Will go back to it later.

• I'm not sure what this article is trying to say - it seems to be just a list of famous pop stars. I doubt any are proper trailblazers - most will pick a trendy producer who will make a track with them in a particular style that's currently fashionable, and present it in a commercial manner for the masses, in return for money.

• Adele at #1 (!), I decided not to bother reading the rest ...

• Not much in that 25 songs for me... but the design UI of that page is excellent.

& Buckingham is an underrated genius IMHO

• @skiphunt said:
    Not much in that 25 songs for me... but the design UI of that page is excellent.

Underrated?

• @MonzoPro said:

@skiphunt said:
    Not much in that 25 songs for me... but the design UI of that page is excellent.

Underrated?

Si compadre... "IMHO". A friend turned me on to Buckingham's guitar work several years ago and I was extremely impressed.

• @skiphunt said:

Yeah I totally loved the article layout.

Don't forget L Buc's solo albums!

• @skiphunt said:

@MonzoPro said:

@skiphunt said:

Underrated?

Si compadre... "IMHO". A friend turned me on to Buckingham's guitar work several years ago and I was extremely impressed.

You think multi-platinum record selling, Rock & Roll Hall of Fame multi-millionaire Buckingham is underrated? Wow. You set the bar pretty high for musical talent recognition then.

• @MonzoPro said:
    You think multi-platinum record selling, Rock & Roll Hall of Fame multi-millionaire Buckingham is underrated? Wow. You set the bar pretty high for musical talent recognition then.

Could have to do with age difference or cultural differences. I wouldn't say Lindsey Buckingham is a household name in the US, but Fleetwood Mac is (for those of a certain age). My dad liked them, and I like them, but what of Monzo Jr.? ;)

How is Fleetwood Mac/Lindsey Buckingham regarded in the UK?

• @telecharge said:

@MonzoPro said:

Could have to do with age difference or cultural differences. I wouldn't say Lindsey Buckingham is a household name in the US, but Fleetwood Mac is (for those of a certain age). My dad liked them, and I like them, but what of Monzo Jr.? ;)

Fleetwood Mac are a classic band, but Monzo Jnr's more into Hawkwind.

• Fleetwood Mac rules

• @MonzoPro said:

I'm guessing his dad influenced his taste, much like mine. :smiley:

Like most kids, I was much more amenable to pop music as a young lad. The UK and US charts have become much more similar in recent years. I don't know if that is an indication of our tastes aligning or pop music becoming more homogeneous. I fear it's the latter, but that might just be my age talking.

• edited March 2017

@MonzoPro said:

@skiphunt said:

@MonzoPro said:

@skiphunt said:

Underrated?

I honestly don't know where the snark is coming from sir. He's been ridiculed as a "loon" in the past and I think that sometimes overshadowed just how impressive his actual work is. Or, maybe I'm just misreading what sounds like "snark" like I hope I did with your "restarting the router" comment?

At the end of the day... it doesn't matter. I enjoyed scrolling through the link and checking out what's considered noteworthy. I was basically +1'ing @oat_phipps comment about Buckingham. That's it. Cheers

• Where's my Delorean? I want to go back FROM the future!

• edited March 2017

Interesting link, I don't follow any of them and many I've never heard of before. Still for guidance and perspective I'd much rather listen to the song birds at this time of year

• Wow, it's like reading a list from Rolling Stones mag. Those usually suck too.

I’m Better, but.....Not for listening to the song "I'm Better" on the list.

The Metallica song as a bonus, ya....Hardwired is a pretty good album. Better than Death Mag. for sure. But, if one listens to Metal, there is no way you can compare anything Metallica has put out recently to what Testament, Death Angel, Sodom, Kreator, Overkill, Exodus, Nuclear Assault, Powermad, MegaDave(deth), Sanctuary, hell even Slayer's last one without Jeff was pretty dang good. All were well.....better quality metal than Metallica, which put out four of the best thrash albums ever made back in the day.

• @High5denied said:
    Hardwired is a pretty good album. Better than Death Mag. for sure.

More of a mixed bag for me. There's a few songs I like on Hardwired, maybe more than my favs from Death Magnetic, but, loudness issues aside, I still like Death Magnetic better as an album.

Matter of taste, really, as I can see from your list that I don't typically go that heavy.

• There wasn't anything on that list I dug much at all other than Cohen.

I'm listening to a brilliant album right now called "Reassemblage" by Visible Cloaks. And before that I've been getting into a new one that's somewhere between electronic/classical/ambient but mostly piano called "No Home for the Mind" by Bing & Ruth

I must not be in that article's demographic. ;)

• I like Adele. I think she writes some amazing songs and her voice is incredible.

I suspect she'll be remembered many years from now.

Missy Elliot is also amazing I think.

I'd only heard of about half of the other artists.

• @MonzoPro said:

@telecharge said:

@MonzoPro said:

The boy has good taste.

• @JeffChasteen said:

@MonzoPro said:

@telecharge said:

@MonzoPro said:

The boy has good taste.

The wife and I saw them live here in Austin last year. They've still got it.

• edited March 2017

@skiphunt said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@MonzoPro said:

@telecharge said:

@MonzoPro said:

The boy has good taste.

The wife and I saw them live here in Austin last year. They've still got it.

I bet that was great!
    I saw "Nik Turner's Hawkwind" before Brock got so pissy and made him drop the name. Later saw Turner with Dik Mik and guest guitarplayer Helios Creed. The last time I saw Turner, he came out and played a solo "In The Mood" for an encore.

• Wiers thought that Missy was already history over 15 years ago.

@MonzoPro said:

@telecharge said:

@MonzoPro said:

Maybe Jnr can also dig early kraftwerk (krautrock style). Loads of people think they only did this amazing electronic stuff but they made a different style of music years earlier

Kraftwerk - Live in Soest (Germany), November 1970

• Beck told me, back in 97 or 98, that the name of his next song was "The Future of Music is Not Music." Then he proceeded to play "Loser."

I think he might have meant it ...

• @eustressor said:
    Beck told me, back in 97 or 98, that the name of his next song was "The Future of Music is Not Music." Then he proceeded to play "Loser."

I think he might have meant it ...

I have a top ten list (always changing) of favorite lyrics, an aspirational bar of sorts, get crazy with the cheez whiz is always on it.

• edited March 2017

I just wanna know...where is a good, soulful, balls-to-the-wall male voice these days? I can't listen to meek guys who are afraid of their own voice sing anymore

Edit: disinclude metal...I'm talkin more of a early Bobby Womack/Wilson Pickett type thing

• @oat_phipps said:
    I just wanna know...where is a good, soulful, balls-to-the-wall male voice these days? I can't listen to meek guys who are afraid of their own voice sing anymore

Edit: disinclude metal...I'm talkin more of a early Bobby Womack/Wilson Pickett type thing

Edwin Mcain? Well, I guess he's been around awhile though..... I really have no idea?????

• I'm gonna leave the floor open on this one...because I would really like to hear that energy and effort from some dude today.

Here's your jeopardy music.

• https://instaud.io/_/O4n.mp3>; @oat_phipps said:

I'm gonna leave the floor open on this one...because I would really like to hear that energy and effort from some dude today.

You might like Anthony Hamilton and/or Cody Chesnutt.

• @mannix said:
    Wiers thought that Missy was already history over 15 years ago.

@MonzoPro said:

@telecharge said:

@MonzoPro said:

Maybe Jnr can also dig early kraftwerk (krautrock style). Loads of people think they only did this amazing electronic stuff but they made a different style of music years earlier

Kraftwerk - Live in Soest (Germany), November 1970

Yeah great stuff, he's already being subjected to my early Krautrock collection - Faust are another favourite.