Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Seaquence has been submitted to the app store

Comments

• edited March 2017

@AndyPlankton said:

@studs1966 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@studs1966 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@supadom said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:
    portrait only. takes finger off buy trigger

walks quietly away....

___...opens a pack of milk chocolate digestives

Like gold here in Texas you know. Oh you can find them, but they take digging for...when people see me dreaming of England (not lying back and thinking of it etc) they always seem to think I'm imagining St. Pauls or The Chilterns, but it's mostly biscuits.

Don't forget Hob Nobs too?......... Can get the Milk & Dark Chocolate digestives here in Cyprus, but Hob Nobs are a rare thing here......... Once I did find a packet of Chocolate Hob Nobs in a Supermarket here......... But only once tho......... Sniff!........... "Sunrise....... Sunset........ Sunrise..... Sunset!........" :'(

Chocolate HobNobs are probably the best biscuit in the World, terrifying amount of calories in them though. But what the heck, I've just added them to Mrs Monzo's shopping list so I'll have a treat tomorrow night.

Lucky Bugger.......... :s

The dark chocolate ones are the best :)

Now you're talking.....amends shopping list....

• @Arpseechord said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@supadom said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

walks quietly away....

Like gold here in Texas you know. Oh you can find them, but they take digging for...when people see me dreaming of England (not lying back and thinking of it etc) they always seem to think I'm imagining St. Pauls or The Chilterns, but it's mostly biscuits.

I was told to bring real ale, Marmite and bacon when I visited the States years ago.

Bacon we have plenty of (in a Canadian kind of way), not perfect, but good enough. Marmite can be got hold of easily these days, and after all it lasts for an age (it's only me that eats it), I can even get choccy biccies at Central Market, but they're not, how to say it, fresh somehow. And of course they ARE expensive. A decent app a packet at least. Truth be indulgently told in the big picture I miss the food chilled cabinets. They have them here, but without the correct Sainsburys/Waitrose/Whatever food inside and then there's the matter of (if we really get down into the things a man dreams about) meat pie products. When I'm home it's always the pasties and pork pies I head for first...

" In a Canadian kind of way"? Just curious what you mean by that :). I'm in the Canadian herd and just want to make sure I'm aligned with the proper way :)

Big fat bits with more meat than, er, fat, as opposed to the American standard issue which (at best) would be called streaky in Blighty but even then would be considered a thin and poor imitation of what a porker's rasher should really be....

• Damn this thread is getting expensive and the app isn't even out yet. Off to Tescos later
    luckily I have a few Jaffa cakes left to tide me over. Not officially a biscuit but.....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Arpseechord said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@supadom said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

walks quietly away....

I was told to bring real ale, Marmite and bacon when I visited the States years ago.

Bacon we have plenty of (in a Canadian kind of way), not perfect, but good enough. Marmite can be got hold of easily these days, and after all it lasts for an age (it's only me that eats it), I can even get choccy biccies at Central Market, but they're not, how to say it, fresh somehow. And of course they ARE expensive. A decent app a packet at least. Truth be indulgently told in the big picture I miss the food chilled cabinets. They have them here, but without the correct Sainsburys/Waitrose/Whatever food inside and then there's the matter of (if we really get down into the things a man dreams about) meat pie products. When I'm home it's always the pasties and pork pies I head for first...

" In a Canadian kind of way"? Just curious what you mean by that :). I'm in the Canadian herd and just want to make sure I'm aligned with the proper way :)

Big fat bits with more meat than, er, fat, as opposed to the American standard issue which (at best) would be called streaky in Blighty but even then would be considered a thin and poor imitation of what a porker's rasher should really be....

I smell bacon cooking..oh no that's just me thinking.....
    Yes that's us to a tee, our stalky appearance and higher meat to fat ratio comes from years of chopping wood to manufacture all those hockey sticks. I tend to stand out from the herd because I'm significantly taller than most, lean and I have some Danish blood in me and you know they produce the best pork in the world....

• The app is really cool. The developer is still working out he "positioning". We talked about the "software toy" model, vs. the "pro" model. Interestingly, adding IAA would not be trivial, due to how the visuals now drive the audio. In the background, the engine won't work as is.

Also, most of the people at the SF-EMM are NOT mobile musicians, so they don't know the intricacies of Audiobus, IAA, and LINK. They were pushing for recording over interoperability.

I think Gabriel sees the value in Link, and my guess is that he will get a lot of pressure for IAA and Audiobus.

All said, I declared it an "Instant classic", in spite of the current routing limitations. I think there is a lot of opportunity.

• @johnfromberkeley can you tell us a little bit about what exactly the creatures do when you move them around and the general music flow of the app? I'm definitely intrigued

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    The app is really cool. The developer is still working out he "positioning". We talked about the "software toy" model, vs. the "pro" model. Interestingly, adding IAA would not be trivial, due to how the visuals now drive the audio. In the background, the engine won't work as is.

Also, most of the people at the SF-EMM are NOT mobile musicians, so they don't know the intricacies of Audiobus, IAA, and LINK. They were pushing for recording over interoperability.

I think Gabriel sees the value in Link, and my guess is that he will get a lot of pressure for IAA and Audiobus.

All said, I declared it an "Instant classic", in spite of the current routing limitations. I think there is a lot of opportunity.

So, there isn't any way to record it's output in-app or export to AS or copy/paste or anything? Hmmm... well, at least most of it's gonna be free. ;)

It sounds too good for a mere toy. Nothing wrong with toys, love those too. But, I'm a bit surprised there's no way to get sound out of this bit of coding sweetness other than the headphone port?

• I always regard Link as being most important connectivity feature followed by the rest IAA, AB etc so I'm glad he's considering Link. You can still record using an audio interface at least. Sounds like if it's got midi out would be nice to control some hardware synths or send from iphone to ipad synths etc.

• @Carnbot said:
    Damn this thread is getting expensive and the app isn't even out yet. Off to Tescos later
    luckily I have a few Jaffa cakes left to tide me over. Not officially a biscuit but.....

Or treat yourself to a good ole fashion packet of Jammy Dodgers!......... :*

• @skiphunt said:
    It sounds too good for a mere toy.

I agree. It sounds like he was leaning toward recording first. My preference would be Audiobus/IAA first, of course!

• edited March 2017

@johnfromberkeley said:

@skiphunt said:
    It sounds too good for a mere toy.

I agree. It sounds like he was leaning toward recording first. My preference would be Audiobus/IAA first, of course!

I messaged him on twitter and he says recording is at the top of their list to add.

He also said they're talking about how to make it support landscape too.

• So who's waiting to try this one? Supposed to be out today. Free to try. 6.99 you get midi in and out and other tidbits

• edited March 2017

And it is live:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/seaquence/id1106270489

fwiw, I picked up the $6.99 version in order to help support this funky app...it's fun to use. Request for the following support though:
    1. Play In Background
    2. Audiobus
    3. Ableton Link
    4. IAA Support

• edited March 2017

Here's my first little Moog Model 15 experiment with this cool little sequencer using Midi Out. Used 4 Tracks routed to Midi 1 which Moog is on:

• Yup it's dead simple and the midi out works great. Sent it to Gadget just to test. Ableton link would be cool and I think they are definitely planning on audio export. It reminds me of Xynthesizr with multiple synths and nice simple sounds but without the generative stuff. You can customize scales per pattern and transpose them. And there's some good performance potential sliding around choosing different scale notes per pattern. choose different note lengths for longer patterns within the 16 steps, even adjust note divisions in a simple way. Good filters and envelopes. It's very fluid to use. You enable midi in the settings and channel slider then appears on each pattern so it's easy to set up. The squiggles can be thought of as a semi random mixer as they move on their own a bit. You move stuff away from the center and all around to change volume and maybe panning (haven't put headphones in). pretty fun to use so far. But I definitely wouldn't try to compose a linear track with it.

• @echoopera said:
    Here's my first little Moog Model 15 experiment with this cool little sequencer:

Cool. I'm assuming this is with the builtin sounds? If so, have you tried with midi out yet?

• @skiphunt said:

@echoopera said:
    Here's my first little Moog Model 15 experiment with this cool little sequencer:

Cool. I'm assuming this is with the builtin sounds? If so, have you tried with midi out yet?

No...I sent this to the Moog Model 15. Midi out works fine.

• @echoopera said:

@skiphunt said:

@echoopera said:

Confirmed: seaquence sounds just as good as Model 15. There's your daily dose of app hype

• @echoopera said:

@skiphunt said:

@echoopera said:

Ohhh... nice!

• edited March 2017

I like it. Look forward to Link and IAA/AB etc. Still pondering the iap and how much I'll use it. Would be interesting i you could set certain behaviours for the creatures but looks like not for now.

• @Carnbot said:
    I like it. Look forward to Link and IAA/AB etc. Still pondering the iap and how much I'll use it. Would be interesting i you could set certain behaviours for the creatures but looks like not for now.

I'm diggin it too. Not sure if I'll pony up. Curious if when they add IAA/AB, export to AS, etc. if they're gonna charge extra for those as additional IAPs on top of the current IAP.

• @skiphunt said:

@Carnbot said:

I'm diggin it too. Not sure if I'll pony up. Curious if when they add IAA/AB, export to AS, etc. if they're gonna charge extra for those as additional IAPs on top of the current IAP.

I seem to recall that part of the AB contract (or whatever it is) was that developers were forbidden from charging extra for AB compatability....
    Or is that a fantasy, like how if you ask an undercover cop if he's an undercover cop he has to tell you he's an undercover cop.

• @echoopera said:
    Here's my first little Moog Model 15 experiment with this cool little sequencer using Midi Out. Used 4 Tracks routed to Midi 1 which Moog is on:

That's wonderful and understated. How do you compare the UX vs. something like Xynthesizr?

• edited March 2017

@echoopera said:

That is lovely. What did seaquence add to the experience that you couldn't have done elsewhere?

• edited March 2017

Thanks! It does everything I wish Xynthesizr would do. I love being able to send n# tracks with different sequences to different synths. As soon as it gets IAA, and Background Audio support it will be vastly improved.

• @echoopera said:

Thanks! It does everything I wish Xynthesizr would do. I love being able to send n# tracks with different sequences to different synths. As soon as it gets IAA, and Background Audio support it will be vastly improved.

Does it do any of the randomization that Synthesizer does?

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@echoopera said:

No...there are definitely missing features:

Essential Features Needed:
    . IAA
    . Audiobus
    . Background Audio
    . Ableton Link

Nice To Have Features:
    . Randomization / Game of Life routines
    . Scale Picker
    . Landscape mode

I'm sure others will have more...these are just mine.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@echoopera said:

No. But it makes it very easy to tweak sequences on the fly. it does have more robust "step length" options.

• @db909 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@echoopera said:

No. But it makes it very easy to tweak sequences on the fly. it does have more robust "step length" options.

Great to hear. But no way to record? Did I get that right? No IAA? No AB?

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@echoopera said:

That's wonderful and understated. How do you compare the UX vs. something like Xynthesizr?

Well, you've got these microorganisms floating around in one...