Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Echo Pitch now has AB and IAA

Yes!
I really like this app and will be using it even more.
The developer was very responsive to this request.

Comments

• Thanks for the heads up, I had deleted this one!

• New to me. Cool. thx

• Hmmm, not in my store..

• @AudioGus said:
    Hmmm, not in my store..

Gus,
    It's iPhone only, but runs fine on iPad

• It's an iPhone app. The developer is the rhythm guitar player in John Scofield's funky jam band Uberjam.

• @JeffChasteen said:

@AudioGus said:
    Hmmm, not in my store..

Gus,

Erf? You can buy it on iphone then install it on ipad?

• Oh weird, i could google it to get to it on ipad. Just not search the store.

• edited March 2017

@AudioGus said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@AudioGus said:
    Hmmm, not in my store..

Gus,

You can even buy it on iPad, if in the store you change "iPad only" to "iPhone only" (see the upper left corner of the posted screenshot)

• Link coming at some point?

• tried it today through AUM but I couldn't get it to work. wonder if i'm doing something wrong.

• @Redo1 said:
    tried it today through AUM but I couldn't get it to work. wonder if i'm doing something wrong.

The iTunes page recommends opening Echo Pitch first if using it via IAA.

• @AudioGus said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@AudioGus said:
    Hmmm, not in my store..

Gus,

Purchased Not On This iPad -- to the right of purchased apps

• Nope. I can't get it to do anything, no matter what order things are started.

• @gsm909 said:
    Nope. I can't get it to do anything, no matter what order things are started.

Sorry to hear that. Fine here. Reboot much?

• edited March 2017

@aaronpc said:
    The iTunes page recommends opening Echo Pitch first if using it via IAA.

@gsm909 ^ does the trick, ab ok here, careful with the feedback on loading ...

• @aaronpc said:

@gsm909 said:

Very regularly.

• It didn't seem to be working for me but starting it first and then loading into AUM seems to have done the trick. Unfortunately, once I got it working I had to put it away for the day. Stupid job...

• @gsm909 said:

@aaronpc said:

@gsm909 said:

Very regularly.

Hmm. Delete/reinstall is my only other bit of generic advice, then.

• Does it work in portrait mode only or is landscape possible on the iPad ?

• @Gratouilli said:
    Does it work in portrait mode only or is landscape possible on the iPad ?

Unfortunately, only portrait.

• Ok, thanks and... bye bye Echo Pitch :/

• I had some troubles loading this into AUM. I had to start it several time outside AUM and then it suddenly worked. But then...oh my oh my...

This is a fabulous effect !

For 2$, a no brainer. Just hope it will be stabilised in the close future. The landscape mode would be great but not essential imo as long as you don't want to change the settings during a set for example

• pretty sweet app for something i grabbed for free.

• cool app. a little buggy currently, had to open and close a couple times in audiobus to get it to work. but once i did , what a great effect. very fun

• edited March 2017

Needs landscape.
    need to fix up the overlapping(?) in the UI.
    need to fix the loading in AUM.
    need to fix the deafening feedback when loading(effect off by default?).

• @Redo1 said:
    Needs landscape.
    need to fix up the overlapping(?) in the UI.
    need to fix the loading in AUM.
    need to fix the deafening feedback when loading(effect off by default?).

+1

• Hi All. Yes, the layout on the iPad is a bit screwy (which is why it's an iPhone-only app right now). We're going to put out an iPad-specific version at some point, though. With the current design, I'm not sure there's a way to have the layout auto-adjust for the device/aspect ratio of the screen.
    As far as landscape mode, if we get enough requests to have this orientation, then we'll implement it. It would require re-thinking where all the knobs get placed. Perhaps for the iPad version we could do landscape and put all the knobs on one screen. Would this be more useful and functional, or is it better to have larger knobs spread over two screens?
    Anyway, thanks for trying and using Echo Pitch! We really appreciate it.
    Avi

• edited March 2017

Good to hear from you. Tried it again this morning. Found that yes if I load it first and then AUM it works ok.
    Of course it is very hard to use in portrait mode as my iPad sits on my keyboard in landscape orientation.
    Also it would be great to have an option to adjust knobs vertically+horizontally (like audulus, or ivcs3) rather than circular.

On the iPad I think it may be better to have all knobs on one page. Smaller knobs should be fine as they're quite large now(on the iPad...mini I have).

It sounds great though so definitely interested in some UI changes.

• Hi aviavi, an iPad version in landscape mode would be preferable, with smaller knobs , should easily fit everything onto one screen, and better resolution for retina displays. Also, trying to build a project around a 'load this first' effect seems a completely arse about face way of doing things, so a better workaround for loading the effect when required would be second on my wish list , next to iPad landscape mode. Thanks, crazy delays are always welcome on my iPad .

• Yes, this thing is a little buggy, and it's portrait only, and the layout is slightly wonky and janked up on the iPad, and yes you have to launch it first before bringing it into AUM to get it to work... and I had to try AB a couple times before it would work...

but...

Once you get this puppy working, it's capable of some awfully pretty weirdness, and things can get beautifully out of hand if you're not too cafeful... especially with the looping feature. :)

Hidden diamond in the rough me thinks. Hope the dev closes the deal on this one with a little more love and polish. Seems like it has great potential.