Using AUM or audiobus to toggle routing of audio interface channels
I'm a new enthusiast iPad musician and I'd like to validate if my setup idea can work.
Basically: I use iConnectAudio4+ to run a drum machine through channel 1/2 and a synth on 3/4 and use flux:fx as a master effect for this hardware setup, which works perfectly so far (and is a load of fun ).
What I'd like to add to this setup is a way to route my channels so that I can:
- Choose to process either all channels (1/2 + 3/4) or only 1/2 (ie. have fx on the drum machine but not on synth)
- Be able to setup some midi control to switch between these two modes from a midi controller
Flux:fx doesn't seem to support selecting channel (it defaults to having all of them with no choice).
From reading AUM manual, I have the feeling I could achieve my setup with it, but I'd like to make sure before shelling out money on it. So my questions are:
- Anyone with experience doing such a thing? Is it doable?
- Can that kind of switching between routing happen without any audible glitch? Is there usually a delay or is it pretty much instantaneous? (ie. My goal is to be able to switch that routing when performing live.)
- Would multichannel audiobus be a possible solution for this as well? (I haven't been able to figure it out from the sparse documentation)
Thanks a lot for any tips!