Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DabbleLab - Ep. 2 - Samplr | TheAudioDabbler

I just used 1 sample in this little dabble noodle. Can you guess what the sample is?

Comments

• edited March 2017

Really wonderful stuff. I can never figure out how record my loops cleanly in Samplr. (Actually, I first need to get a system for getting the samples INTO Samplr: It's the dread AUDIOCOPY, right?)
    This gives me new hope. Although next video, would you consider using see-through hands??

Well done. You are rapidly ascending the Top 40 of the iOS video tutorial.

• Import from AudioShare is quite straight forward even if there are no menus in Samplr for it.
    Select a 'slot' to load to, go to AudioShare, select the file and send it using 'Open In...' to Samplr.

• edited March 2017

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Really wonderful stuff. I can never figure out how record my loops cleanly in Samplr. (Actually, I first need to get a system for getting the samples INTO Samplr: It's the dread AudioCopy, right?)
    This gives me new hope. Although next video, would you consider using see-through hands??

Well done. You are rapidly ascending the Top 40 of the iOS video tutorial.

Sorry, edited to reflect my error of writing AudioShare instead of AudioCopy. Thanks for the tip, Samu. Very smart.

• @JohnnyGoodyear Thanks.

@ExAsperis99 I never record directly into Samplr. I always just either use dropbox import or just open in from audio share or iCloud drive.

Next time I will try to get those invisible gloves I keep seeing on the internet.

• @Samu said:
    Import from AudioShare is quite straight forward even if there are no menus in Samplr for it.
    Select a 'slot' to load to, go to AudioShare, select the file and send it using 'Open In...' to Samplr.

This is how I do it. Or sometimes from Loopy.

• @Samu said:
    Import from AudioShare is quite straight forward even if there are no menus in Samplr for it.

did they fix the import bug?

• @kobamoto said:

the import bug is only with audiocopy inside of Samplr. Open in from any app works fine.

• edited March 2017

@kobamoto said:

@Samu said:

Import in 'what direction' ?
    I've had no issues what so ever doing 'Open In...' from AudioShare to send files to Samplr.
    (I'm om Air 2, iOS10.2.1).

• it used to only open in on the consecutive empty slot, can you choose any slot to open in from audioshare now?

• @kobamoto said:
    it used to only open in on the consecutive empty slot, can you choose any slot to open in from audioshare now?

That might still be the case but the 'files' end up in the list of available files in Samplr so it's easy to swap them if needed.

• edited March 2017

This is a cool demo of Samplr. This may seem like heretical question--even to me given that I list Samplr as a Top 3 iOS app--but given how much you use the arp, couldn't you have achieved similar results in ReSlice faster? I have found that I use Samplr less and less these days because I can get this sort of thing done way easier/faster with ReSlice. Maybe you could use the same sample in ReSlice to see if you get similar or very different results?

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    This is a cool demo of Samplr. This may seem like heretical question--even to me given that I list Samplr as a Top 3 iOS app--but given how much you use the arp, couldn't you have achieved similar results in ReSlice faster? I have found that I use Samplr less and less these days because I can get this sort of thing done way easier/faster with ReSlice. Maybe you could use the same sample in ReSlice to see if you get similar or very different results?

• Nice demo, here's hoping that Samplr update drops at some point