Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Android Music Creation Apps?

Despite the fact I use my iPad Air 2 for music production, I often find myself using my Android phone more and more for musical ideas and sketches. However, no matter how much I use Google search for decent apps, there seems to be a severe lack of decent music creation apps for the Android. There seem to be some heavy hitters such as...

1. FL Studio Mobile
  2. Xewton Music Studio
  3. Caustic 3
  4. Audio Evolution Mobile Studio
  5. Sunvox

However, no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to find much else beyond that. Are there any other Android apps I may have overlooked by mistake? Please let me know. Thanks.

Comments

• edited March 2017

There are Android versions of Thumbjam and Guitarism but i think they only work in samsungs bandcamp

Oops Soundcamp not bandcamp

• Korg Kaossilator

• Stagelight

• Audio Evolution Mobile

• -G-Stomper
    -Oscilab
    Sometimes I use TouchDaw to control AUM :)

• Also akai impc which only runs in bandcamp on Samsung only devices

• G-stomper is a beast. Pretty damn good

• I use android phones , but always ipads for music....
    Just something you will have to get used to, i doubt really weather android will ever catch up.
    IOS is so far ahead. Thats life.
    I have argued that android is great here, but deep down i know apple wipe the floor if music making is your main plan

• G-Stomper hands down! Best app ever on any platform..

• edited March 2017

When it comes to quality music apps, iOS is miles ahead of Android, but nonetheless I'm still very tempted.

Thinking about buying a very cheap Android tablet to run FLSM, Caustic, SunVox, Mobmuplat, Lemur, TouchOSC, etc.

• More android music apps:

• DRC
    • RemixLive
  • iMPC Jr. (non-Pro)

• Well mates, I finally did it. I "took the plunge" and purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7. It may be a bit slow, and bad latency not good for vocal recording, but what it can do is quite stellar. Caustic 3 can use DSK soundfonts. FL Studio Mobile certainly takes up a chunk of space, but there is a workaround Scott (admin on the Image-Line forums) came up with that works a charm for getting FLM3 to recognise user files on external storage. It fits in the palm of my hand, like a mere fraction of an inch above any phablet. And of course let's not forget Audio Evolution with Tonebooster plugins. (I think AE also has bussing if memory serves proper.) So current workflow is - either make a sketch or a completed track in Caustic 3, if a track wasn't completed in Caustic 3, complete it in FLM3, and then export the stems into AE for a proper mixdown. Export that to Dropbox, and from Dropbox, into the iPhone Grand Finale app for the mastering.

I don't know mates, but I think this minimalist approach is going to boost my creativity tenfold.

• EGDR808 Drum machine for Android
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.elliottgarage.newproject&hl=it

I'm planning to release also my other Drum machine in the future :)

• I was using G-Stomper from past 5 months but now I like Korg coz it have better options.

• Man, I love caustic on Android wayyyyy better then on iOS. Storage and file access is soooo much better on android

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Well mates, I finally did it. I "took the plunge" and purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7. It may be a bit slow, and bad latency not good for vocal recording, but what it can do is quite stellar. Caustic 3 can use DSK soundfonts. FL Studio Mobile certainly takes up a chunk of space, but there is a workaround Scott (admin on the Image-Line forums) came up with that works a charm for getting FLM3 to recognise user files on external storage. It fits in the palm of my hand, like a mere fraction of an inch above any phablet. And of course let's not forget Audio Evolution with Tonebooster plugins. (I think AE also has bussing if memory serves proper.) So current workflow is - either make a sketch or a completed track in Caustic 3, if a track wasn't completed in Caustic 3, complete it in FLM3, and then export the stems into AE for a proper mixdown. Export that to Dropbox, and from Dropbox, into the iPhone Grand Finale app for the mastering.

I don't know mates, but I think this minimalist approach is going to boost my creativity tenfold.

• @SlowwFloww said:
    Nanoloop

This. Added advantage on android is access to an SD card worth of samples

• edited April 2019

@jwmmakerofmusic
    Revived this thread because I have bought into Android music making, first on an inherited Galaxy S9 phone, and after finding some full joy there felt encouraged to purchase a larger device.
    Here’s what I’ve installed from the Android ecosystem, items cool-to-very-cool, stuff that has had me off iOS for some weeks now:

(Cross-platform (iOS/Android stuff)
    SunVox (I’ve used this on 5 different platforms, fits like an old shoe wherever I have it, nicely optimized here as everywhere else)

Pixitracker (as above)

FL Studio Mobile (favorite linear DAW, here and iOS)

Caustic (better on Android, looks better, fits form factor better, tons of content packs)

Reactable (the older one, as cool here as on iOS)

(Android only stuff)

G-Stomper Studio (Android stalwart, tons of content packs for synth and sampler)

G-Stomper Producer (in early release, new G-Stomper paradigm, nothing like it on iOS, fuckin cool, referenced elsewhere on the forum)

Bandpass (early release, new paradigm, nothing like it on iOS, fuckin cool, referenced elsewhere on the forum)

Drum Pad Beats (another one unlike anything on iOS, developer did/does content for Caustic, is using Caustics engine for a whole other workflow, fuckin cool, you can find tutorial for this, like a few of these, on YouTube)

Synthesizer (not a synth at all, more of a sample-based groove box - 16 tracks with tons of parameters to play with)

ModSynth Synthesizer (is what it sounds like, a modular synth, you can record stuff and ship it around as with Caustic, SunVox, FL and the rest, like the old pre AB days on iOS, but given Android file system way better than the ACP mechanic)

Phoenix Studio (groovy groove box with three synths and a sample-based drum sequencer, song mode, old favorite from Windows CE days)

MilkyTracker (free Fasttracker-based fun)

There’s more, as mentioned in the thread above, but these are what I’ve got installed.
    As you suggested in your initial post, the limited set of tools, and limits of the tools, has been great for creativity/productivity.
    (Yes it doesn’t look like a limited set of tools, but this is 1/100ish of the iOS stuff I wander around in on my 10.5)

With a nice device the newer apps are fine latency-wise
    File access is great, the form factor of the small tablets is great.

• I'd just get Caustic 3 and stick with that on an android. Pimp it out with some soundfonts (for PCM synth.)

• @dustgod Yep Caustic is a giant
    The beauty of the Android only stuff above is they demo for free, and the 3 new ones in particular have phenomenal and Android only fresh workflows

• I am android all day long for a phone.
    But realized if ya wanna get stuff done, it's iPad all the way.
    Even stagelight on android is great, really great in fact, but it just doesn't feel fluid or complete on android.
    I have accepted it, android is fantastic and I will always hAve an android phone.
    But for music production it's iPad and Ableton. Simple, but took me along time to accept it.
    Just keep putting money aside and treat ya self to a new iPad, when the funds hit the magic number, we are on this forum due to iOS music, long may it continue.
    Sorry
    Move on

• Also if you are using caustic change the skin, that original one had me not even wanting to look at it. I used the skin that makes the instruments black and darker colors and my eyes like that better... somehow Gstomper dev figured out a way to have less latency through the settings they added. I noticed when caustic went from v3 to v3.2 the latency got better then it originally was on my old Android tab. I will only use caustic on Android, it just doesn’t flow on iOS.

• @skulptur_sound said:
    Also if you are using caustic change the skin, that original one had me not even wanting to look at it. I used the skin that makes the instruments black and darker colors and my eyes like that better... somehow Gstomper dev figured out a way to have less latency through the settings they added. I noticed when caustic went from v3 to v3.2 the latency got better then it originally was on my old Android tab. I will only use caustic on Android, it just doesn’t flow on iOS.

Android also has a useable file system, and SD card support, so you can have gigs and gigs of samples and SF2. I was thinking about getting an android tablet just for Caustic because of this (I agree that I like Caustic better on android but the iOS version is fine.)

In general I'm an ipad guy but on my phone Caustic is killer (and the only android groovebox/DAW type thing I've found isn't too small on my reasonably large phone.)

Other android apps I enjoy: Oscilab, Beatonal, RD4.
    Kaossilator is Ok.

• edited April 2019

Edit - switched the G-Stomper Producer vid to the one from the dev.

• I like this thread, and it's always great to see it revived now and again. :) @Littlewoodg I see you found more great stuff than I realised existed. Cool beans! 😎

• edited April 2019

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I like this thread, and it's always great to see it revived now and again. :) @Littlewoodg I see you found more great stuff than I realised existed. Cool beans! 😎

Cool beans indeed!
    My take on Android stuff really changed in the last few months - chiefly given the post Caustic developments