Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MIDI Designer controlling all Brambos apps + Genome + AUM + midiLFOs + FX: The Movie.

edited March 2017 in General App Discussion

Wow. Someone has created a single MIDI Designer layout to control:

1. Clip launching in Genome. Like, lots of clips.
  2. EQ/levels/panning/sends in AUM
  3. All of the guts of all of the Brambos apps: Ruismaker, Ruismaker FM, Phasemaker and Troublemaker
  4. midiLFOs in a very clever way. He uses midiLFOs to control other MD controls instead of target apps directly. He then uses MD's brilliant 'Supercontrols' to point the midiLFOs controlled, er, controls to, er, control, other MD controls (which are pointed at the target apps). In other words: he's routing midiLFOs to other backgrounded apps directly from within MD. Bonus: he's also able to control the LFO modulation within midiLFOs directly from MD. Dude went deep.
  5. Other stuff I can't remember.

cc: @brambos @j_liljedahl @artkerns @MIDIDesigner @isthegenomedevhere? psst, ^ yer babies in action. Thanks for taking the time to support external MIDI control!

Comments

• I saw that... lots of super clever stuff going on in there :p

• @syrupcore said:
    4. midiLFOs in a very clever way. He uses midiLFOs to control other MD controls instead of target apps directly. He then uses MD's brilliant 'Supercontrols' to point the midiLFOs controlled, er, controls to, er, control, other MD controls (which are pointed at the target apps). In other words: he's routing midiLFOs to other backgrounded apps directly from within MD. Bonus: he's also able to control the LFO modulation within midiLFOs directly from MD. Dude went deep.

LOL :smiley:
    The worst part of it? It made sense to me. I think some of our language/vocabulary isn't overly easy to explain to, say, my wife/colleagues/mum. That'd be one of those moments.
    Now I have to check that video.

• AUM = audio unit mixer! God, I never worked that out. Doh!
    Very cool video. I guess we all want this little workstation. I especially like how he has squeezed everying out of midilfos, very clever.
    I would use ModStep over Genome but in this case both are equally capable. I havent got midi designer but this does show how easy it is to use. Ive got lemur and it's a little more difficult to make on the fly changes like this guy does when he remaps midilfos. Until the next mididesigner pro sale happens Im going to try this out with lemur (Ill try the PC editor instead of the ipad one for this job) and modstep and see how much more difficult it is. Getting the most out of midilfos is a very exciting concept for me.

• Nice bit of work there but a reminder of the hoops we must jump through on iOS...

• Been trying to get this guy to share the layout on MD forums. Amazing work.

• Does anyone know if this midi designer patch available anywhere?
    Ive just noticed MDP is on sale so Im getting it. $15 but the developers been updating and as this thread shows, it can make a big different when using multiple apps.
    (Im a bit miffed that pounds and dollars are set to 1:1 in the app store but its still a nice/essential saving for me)
    Gamechanger here I come

• @Richtowns said:
    I would use ModStep over Genome but in this case both are equally capable. I havent got midi designer but this does show how easy it is to use. Ive got lemur and it's a little more difficult to make on the fly changes like this guy does when he remaps midilfos. Until the next mididesigner pro sale happens Im going to try this out with lemur (Ill try the PC editor instead of the ipad one for this job) and modstep and see how much more difficult it is. Getting the most out of midilfos is a very exciting concept for me.

Did you?

;-)

• Very Nice Layout. Is it available for the public?

• edited November 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited November 2019

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:
    Very Nice Layout. Is it available for the public?

You could try searching the community section:
    https://mididesigner.com/qa/

I've had this app for years but barely used it myself.

Only just now starting to dig into it as a way to get more realtime MIDI control over my Empress Zoia and Eventide H9 pedals.

• edited November 2019

This morning I modified the existing Roland SE-02 layout from the community and made it even better. Couldn't have done it without that person's hard work getting it started. I did have to dig deep, find a MIDI monitor VST from the Internet Way Back Machine, and analyze the output of the official SE-02 VST plugin in order to figure out how to do Bank changes. Still tweaking it, and will share it when ready. Some of the original choices for design were.... interesting.