Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Navichord 2.5 is out

Another nice update to a very mature composition app. I've run out of new features for which to beg— except for perhaps an iPhone version with which I can noodle out progressions on the run.

MAJOR
New preset format includes all settings (scale, pads, MIDI, Audio, UI)
Audiobus state saving
Improved Pad Edit - rearrange pads by dragging, easy transpose, delete and chord generation buttons
MIDI clock input and output
Color themes

MINOR
Improved Settings structure and appearance
Improved Toolbars structure and appearance
Selectable accidentals (sharps, flats, auto)
Lock scale to white keys (use onscreen white keys to play any scale)
Note names changed to lowercase
Added a simple mixer for internal instruments
Help section updated - chord shapes are back
Ableton Link quantum is changed from 1 bar to the length of the chord sequence
Grid hold is changed to latch
Added Bluetooth MIDI support

Comments

• Amazing app truly a gem!!!

Please iPhone version :)

• I'm not even sure how getting some version of it on my phone would work. It would have to be some subset of features I'm sure— just know I want it around any time the the mood hits.

• Weren't they on this very forum a while back saying it would come to iPhone?

• Thanks for the heads up, @aaronpc, and thanks for the update Denis @Navichord.

• It's a beautiful thing.....

• edited March 2017

@db909 said:
    Weren't they on this very forum a while back saying it would come to iPhone?

The iPhone version is definitely coming.
    I would like to take the opportunity and ask you some questions about that.
    What are the most important features for you in a universal app?
    Do you expect iCloud preset sync?

• Quick fun time with navichord, Arpeggist, and iM1.

@Navichord I couldn't figure out how to change the length the chords play via the pads. I thought it was with the hand but it seems the and does not do anything. BTW Great update.

• @Navichord I just use iPhone so I personally don't need presets in the cloud or whatever. I just like highly playable chord apps.

• @gmslayton said:
    Quick fun time with navichord, Arpeggist, and iM1.

@Navichord I couldn't figure out how to change the length the chords play via the pads.

Nice video!

The hand is hold.
    For changing length press Pad Edit, then touch and drag the number in the top right corner of any pad.

• @Navichord Thanks and Awesome about the length. I will do a quick tip on that feature to make sure everyone else knows.

• @gmslayton said:
    @Navichord Thanks and Awesome about the length. I will do a quick tip on that feature to make sure everyone else knows.

Yes, update overview vid perfect.

• @Navichord Great stuff! <3

Ye olde MIDI clock support!
    The new skins are really cool too.

• Changing the Chord Length

• Wow. Very nice update. Thank you @Navichord!

• many thanks for the update!

• @gmslayton said:
    Changing the Chord Length

Thanks Boss, appreciate the learning etc.

• I had to pick a "chord app", I picked this one, no regrets, nice update.

• edited March 2017

@gmslayton I would like (of course) to record my masterpieces (ahem) as Midi notes elsewhere. How do you find the most stable/successful way of doing this?

• Just updated my AppStore review! Take a sec guys and support our beloved developer :) o:)

• Thanks for the free update and the demos.

• @JohnnyGoodyear It should be as simple (yeah, I know) as MIDI out from Navichord into any other app which has MIDI in, and is able to record MIDI (Cubasis and Auria Pro, as popular examples).

• @telecharge said:
    @JohnnyGoodyear It should be as simple (yeah, I know) as MIDI out from Navichord into any other app which has MIDI in, and is able to record MIDI (Cubasis and Auria Pro, as popular examples).

I know, but could you pop round and hit me/my machine? :) Actually was having trouble with making it work in AP, but before giving up will have a go in CU....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I know, but could you pop round and hit me/my machine? :)

You bet. Expect a visit the next time I'm in Austaine. :smiley:

This is a bit dated, but should help...

http://www.musicradar.com/tuition/tech/how-to-record-audio-and-midi-in-steinberg-cubasis-585562

• @telecharge said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I know, but could you pop round and hit me/my machine? :)

You bet. Expect a visit the next time I'm in Austaine. :smiley:

This is a bit dated, but should help...

http://www.musicradar.com/tuition/tech/how-to-record-audio-and-midi-in-steinberg-cubasis-585562

Tacos and tea, it's what we do best. Just let me know...

• @JohnnyGoodyear Do you use a computer? The reason I ask is the easiest way for me to work with midi is using Ableton Live Lite. I will post a video soon on how to use it with your iPad to record midi.

• @JohnnyGoodyear I will look around as see what iOS midi apps might do something similar but Ableton Live Lite works pretty easy.

• @gmslayton Will take a look at your vid. I actually DO have LITE, but have never opened it. Apart from Audition for podcast use, I don't do audio of any kind on my desktop, but perhaps that's about to change :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear Ableton Live Lite can do a lot, especially coupled with an iPad. On other news, I just successfully recorded midi from NaviChord into Cubasis. It was fairly easy and I can demo that soon. My question is though, do you want to export the clips out of Cubasis into something else? If so, I cannot for the life of me, figure out how to export midi from Cubasis. That doesn't seem possible.

My next DAW to try is Music Studio. It seems to have an export midi option. There is also not a lot of videos featuring that app.

• @gmslayton You Sir are a Boffin! The felicity with which you fiddle about in there is awe-inspiring and intimidating all at once. It does remind my simple self why I love the iPad, but also demonstrates how much more can be done sitting at the desktop...

• @gmslayton said:
    My question is though, do you want to export the clips out of Cubasis into something else? If so, I cannot for the life of me, figure out how to export midi from Cubasis. That doesn't seem possible.

"Under Mixdown, you can export your project as MIDI, this should do what you want."

"Cubasis exports MIDI files in format 1 (seperated MIDI tracks, seperated MIDI channels) as a default.
    As a result the "separate tracks" option is greyed out since not required."

https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=60358