Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

This looks like fun: Layr

http://www.livingmemorysoftware.com/layr.html

Will have Audiobus and all that jazz from the get go and appears to be universal as well.

Comments

• @db909 said:
    http://www.livingmemorysoftware.com/layr.html

Will have Audiobus and all that jazz from the get go and appears to be universal as well.

Will be interesting to see how this pans out, but -of course- the first bullet list item as regards features ("Optimised 32 bit Audio Engine.") gives one pause.... :(

• edited February 2017

Lol. Expect a delay then I guess. Somebody didn't get the memo. Or can you have a 32 bit audio engine within a 64 bit app? I dunno how these things work

• Instant buy for me. 32 bit audio engine does not necessarily mean it is not a 64bit app. The demos I have seen are very good.

• They're doing a preset contest for early adopters. You get your name in there in future updates with the presets.

• edited February 2017

Where are the demos? It's gonna have to be really good for me to get it, I think I'm kinda synthed out tbh

Edit
    Just saw a demo on Discchord, annoyingly it does look really good.....

• @db909 said:
    Lol. Expect a delay then I guess. Somebody didn't get the memo. Or can you have a 32 bit audio engine within a 64 bit app? I dunno how these things work

the audio engine being 32 bit means that it is processing audio using 32 bit numbers...this is separate from the app being compiled for a 64 OS

I remember a time when we had 32 audio engines running on 16 bit windows :)

• @db909 said:

A 32 bit audio engine is good which means that all of the internal audio processing for the app is done in 32 bits versus 24 bit or 16 bit. Apps and updates submitted to the App Store now must have 64 bit support this article talks about it.

@LayR said:
    LayR is a massively polyphonic, multi-timbral synthesizer for iPad and iPhone, optimized for modern 64 bit devices delivering up to 256 voices of rich, multi-layered and textured sounds.

• I love me some layers. That's for sure. Just when you think you didn't want another synth

• @db909 said:
    I love me some layers. That's for sure. Just when you think you didn't want another synth

True sentiments.
    But that walkthrough is kind of stultifying.

• Sounds really good, I reckon this will be an insta-buy for me. I'd like to get a freaky Monzo patch in there too, for the freaks.

• I wish this could handle multisampled stuff. It would be a (very) small Falcon for iOS.
    But it looks interesting. The synth engine seems a bit limited but in general you can do some wild things with it.
    I like to layer pads, soundscapes, arps and lay down a ground for a song with 1-2 tracks.
    Universal app is a big plus!

• Some more sounds here:

• Wow! Apparently this is the year of the four letter app. If the other one gets MIDI out, then it's going to a fourlettering great year!

• Man. It seems incredibly well thought out. And the synth itself seems very well spec'd. If you freeze frame the intro video at around 4:55, you can see the basic synthesis feature set.

Any ideas around price?

• If it's not ready to 'Download on the Apple Store'... why is there a button that says so?

• Looks great

• About when and how much?

• oh yes it is definitely looking interesting

• smoooooth... I hope it has at least four hundred presets

• @AudioGus said:
    smoooooth... I hope it has at least four hundred presets

at least..... and several randomizers too

• I wonder what soon means?

• @studs1966 said:

picking up jaw from floor and opens wallet

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@db909 said:
    I love me some layers. That's for sure. Just when you think you didn't want another synth

True sentiments.
    But that walkthrough is kind of stultifying.

I hear that, it filled me with inertia.

• edited March 2017

Scientific super-cake, er -synth?
    Falcon-like...

• This is the kind of thing I have always dreamed about!! I hope it gains AU support too!

• @hellquist said:

@studs1966 said:

picking up jaw from floor and opens wallet

Does look sexy, doesn't it?........