Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Modstep update ! 27/02/17

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• edited February 2017

Great! :) AUv3 user presets finally works. I really like this app even though the developer's support on Modstep is terrible.

• is the app stable now?

• been waiting to pounce on this one, and I'm hearing that it's even stable enough for live usage

• We have fixed a couple of AUv3 related issues under iOS 10.2x that might have lead to crashes earlier, so yes, should be very stable now :)

• Bring on the dancing horses....

• edited February 2017

@brambos Nicely done :) If I ever take up painting on velvet this will be where I start. As for the Bunnymen reference, I was thinking that what with the delay on the Gadget release maybe this is a good moment to take a proper look at Modstep for a week or two. I bought it but never played with it, perhaps now's the time....

• MIDI template for Analog Heat... Now that is something that will get me back using Modstep again. Great surprise update . :)

• Where are these 35 new sample kits?? Am I the only one not seeing them?

• It's nice to see those AUv3 bugs getting squashed :)

• edited February 2017

@5pinlink said:
    If the stability has been fixed using AU this is worth a look, still cant be taken too seriously though, has some very strange UI design, and the fact that a mixer has no pan/balance in 2017 is quite disturbing.

Also notable that it now needs IOS8+, pretty sure they said it would be a big update that would warrant that, this is not a big update.

So right now this is one of the multitude of 'Almost theres'

The mixer pan/balance problem can be worked around sending the multiple output ports from Modstep into AUM. Much better mixer than Modstep and can pan.

• edited February 2017

@bobopuppyhead_666 said:
    Where are these 35 new sample kits?? Am I the only one not seeing them?

I had to uninstall my existing ModStep in order to get them to appear......make sure you back up all of your sessions and user defined kits and user created templates first though :|

• @AndyPlankton said:

@bobopuppyhead_666 said:

I had to uninstall my existing ModStep in order to get them to appear......make sure you back up all of your sessions and user defined kits and user created templates first though :|

It seems to be a problem with them when you update the software. On the bright side it seems that new templates appear now without a reinstall needed. Before even the templates required a reinstall. So hopefully the kits will not need a reinstall eventually :)

• Looking forward to hearing if the stability improves--it has to be reliable for live use. Even with the UX peculiarities, I'll dive head first into Modstep once it's stable because it's so powerful.

• @bobopuppyhead_666 said:

I count 25 kits altogether. I deleted and reinstalled modstep...

Where are they hiding?

• The 35 are both types, drum as well as tonal kits. Check the tonal kits folder inside /Stock/ for the complete list.
    Unfortunately you are right and a reinstall of the app is needed at the moment. For those of you who do not want to go through the backup / reinstall process, we just fixed this issue and uploaded a new update. It should be available in a few days and then automatically copy the new stuff.

In regards to changing the minimum required version to iOS 8.0:
    Apple has made it impossible to maintain the app for iOS 5.1.1 (and therefore iPad 1) and all other iPads support iOS 8 without issue. Moving forward this frees us of some burdens that keeping compatibility brought.

The promised big update is more or less a recode, as well as a restructuring of the interface. We think we can solve the remaining mysteries surrounding the UX as well as add new features that may be appealing to a few of you :)

• @cblomert said:
    The 35 are both types, drum as well as tonal kits. Check the tonal kits folder inside /Stock/ for the complete list.
    Unfortunately you are right and a reinstall of the app is needed at the moment. For those of you who do not want to go through the backup / reinstall process, we just fixed this issue and uploaded a new update. It should be available in a few days and then automatically copy the new stuff.

Apple has made it impossible to maintain the app for iOS 5.1.1 (and therefore iPad 1) and all other iPads support iOS 8 without issue. Moving forward this frees us of some burdens that keeping compatibility brought.

The promised big update is more or less a recode, as well as a restructuring of the interface. We think we can solve the remaining mysteries surrounding the UX as well as add new features that may be appealing to a few of you :)

Hi,

Have you thought of an undo button? This would be highly welcomed.

• Looking forward to the recode, @cblomert. I deeply respect your ambition to build something big and powerful for iOS.

• edited February 2017

@cblomert said:
    The 35 are both types, drum as well as tonal kits. Check the tonal kits folder inside /Stock/ for the complete list.

Who let you out of the dungeon? ...get back to work :D hehehe

• I wish people would stop accusing this app of being abandoned.

• @cian said:
    I wish people would stop accusing this app of being abandoned.

+1, it's weird. I don't really get the "instability" one either. Seems to come from people that don't actually have the app, or use it....I say that because I use it live without issue

• edited February 2017

@cblomert said:

Sweet! Really glad to hear UX is evolving. :smiley:

• @Littlewoodg said:

I don't really get the "instability" one either. Seems to come from people that don't actually have the app, or use it....I say that because I use it live without issue

Are you using AU hosting? If that's stable as well, that would rock. I like AUM, but hosting stuff in it for sketches kills my flow.

• edited February 2017

@cian said:

@Littlewoodg said:

I don't really get the "instability" one either. Seems to come from people that don't actually have the app, or use it....I say that because I use it live without issue

Are you using AU hosting? If that's stable as well, that would rock. I like AUM, but hosting stuff in it for sketches kills my flow.

All AUx all day lately. The only issue I've had is with Ruis Fm, if I have it in the scene when I open the app, it won't reload without being removed and put back in, meaning that there's no sound until it's reloaded.

• @cian said:

@Littlewoodg said:

its extremely stable now with the new version. to the point where i start sketching in modstep alone now. but i do still send audio out to aum for external effects. Aum can actually get upto 8 audio streams from modstep so you could keep the aus in modstep while adding effects and panning externally later.

• @cian said:

@Littlewoodg said:

I've found the AU hosting in Modstep to be a pleasure to use, barring the issue with iSem I reported and which apparently has been fixed in this update (related to preset handling). I encountered the same issue in Cubasis with iSem as an AU, I believe.

• @Littlewoodg said:

@cian said:

@Littlewoodg said:

All AUx all day lately. The only issue I've had is with Ruis Fm, if I have it in the scene when I open the app, it won't reload without being removed and put back in, meaning that there's no sound until it's reloaded.

Have you reported to @brambos ? He's so dedicated and quick I bet he would fix it if it was within his power to do so.

• @papertiger said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@cian said:

@Littlewoodg said:

Have you reported to @brambos ? He's so dedicated and quick I bet he would fix it if it was within his power to do so.

I haven't yet, just putting up with it-