Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPad 4 and Auria problems

Cross-posting from Auria bug report forum. Curious if anyone here has had similar issues. Thanks...

"I'm on an iPad 4, IOS 10.2.1. I had a very simple project going consisting of about 5 audio tracks and one instance of pro-q (version 1, not 2) on the master channel. I have experienced the issues described below. Long story short, after some weird graphic glitches while drawing volume automstion i can't even open my project. Period. No snapshot will load, the original project will not load. Nothing. It's gone.

First, right before the project became corrupted/lost I was drawing in some volume automation. I encountered some lag, and weird graphical glitches. After I finished drawing in some automstoinI I experienced a max volume volume spike. After taking off my headphones given the distorted and unpleasantly loud volume, I could see that the blue volume automation line was vertical, straight up into infinity. I was not able to delete any of the volume automation, or create a new automation point to get the volume back down to a reasonable level. I was stuck with the max volume automation curve with no way to change it.

I decided to restart auria to see if the issue would go away. That had worked on a previous occasion when I encountered the max volume automation issue. That's when I ran into the second issue: I can't recover or open the project. I've tried to load a snapshot, the original project, I've restarted my iPad - everything. Nothing works and Auria is continually prompting me to tell it what I was doing before the project crashed. I tell it, the project fails to load, I try's again and the same thing happens.

I understand that I'm running auria on a minimally powerful enough iPad, but the projects I experienced the volume automatoin bug in are very simple audio only projects, which should be auria's bread and butter.

Please let me know if you need additional explanation. With a 10 month old infant I barely have time to work on music, let alone deal with serious bugs. I hope you can help.

Thanks in advance,

M"

Comments

• Ouch. I don't have any suggestions but just wanted to commiserate. Have you tried emailing the project file to Rim? He might be able to salvage it.

• @syrupcore said:
    Ouch. I don't have any suggestions but just wanted to commiserate. Have you tried emailing the project file to Rim? He might be able to salvage it.

Thanks. Honestly I was so discouraged that I didn't even feel like trying to deal with figuring that out. I assume that will be the next step. Thankfully I had basically finished the song - i guess I wasn't supposed to add some field recordings to it after all. :P

I booted up cubasis immediately afterward and I was shocked by how much smoother everything was, both in terms of navigating the project and creating/editing automation. Problem is that I've invested in some Fabfilter FX, of course, so would prefer Auria. Heavy use of those will require a new iPad though... (Roll on March!)

Thanks for commiserating! :)

M

• Just wanted to say that WML got in touch and we've been exchanging emails. No immediate solution, but good support nontheless (not that I expected anything different...).

• That sucks sorry to hear. I haven't had any problems like that with my iPad 4 on the last ios9.

Sometimes I'm unable to to select audio within a track after opening different FXs but never had the problem of a project not opening.

Please keep us updated and good luck