Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Alexis io dock issue

When I listen to music on my io dock it sounds terrible, like it's going through effects or something.
Is there a way to sort that out? And is it affecting my synth apps too? How can I tell?
Cheers

Comments

• Would you please be a littl bit more specific on how you listen your music?
    I understand you have your ipad in the dock, but would need to know:
    -Do you listen to music inside the ipad to or you connect a source of audio through a cable connected to one of the line inputs of the Alesis?
    -Do you listen the output from the headphones output of the alesis or you have coonected the main outs to a speaker?
    -Did you update Alesis IO Dock firmwar to the latest on?

All the best

• iTunes library off the iPad through io dock. Either through headphones or speaker connected to the headphones out.
    When I listen to music in my laptop through my computer audio interface (motu) into my monitors it sounds good, but as is said the io dock sounds terrible. Like the dinamic range is off, there's what sounds like crazy eq and reverb or something.

• And I am not sure of the firmware version, I might have to look into that.

• Reset the iPad . (Hold power switch and home button) . Download Figure app (free) . Test the sound. (Plug your working headphones on the headphones slot )

• Why the hell would I want to get figure for this?

• Try plugging the main out from the iodock into your motu rather than using the headphone socket.

• edited March 2017

Yeah, the main outs sound normal, but I have the io dock away from home right now and for some reason the headphones out sounds all messed up! I might have to get a hold of Alesis support, or ignore it since I don't really use the headphones out at home at all.

• Have you fiddled with the headphone out volume control to see if that helps?

• Yeah, it's not a volume thing, it almost sounds like a phase thing. I am using a cheap 1/4 to 1/8 inch adapter and I think it might be that or maybe my headphones? I don't know. Like I said tho it isn't really a show stopper it is just odd

• Did you check if the direct monitoring switch is off? If it's on just switch it off.

• Yeah it's off

• edited March 2017

@jbvdb said:
    Why the hell would I want to get figure for this?

Because in your original post you say you play music and have problem. Then you ask if it is affecting your synth apps. Since it would be easy for you to test your synths apps just by launching, I assume you don't have a single app and just bought the dock.
    So download the figure app and play it.
    Then post results.
    If it's not working someone could propose another free app for you to try ,that has option for buffer setting. Maybe somehow the alesis dock is stacked in wrong buffer.

Now reading your other posts try unplugging any cable on your inputs of the dock and play some music. Launch a synth app that does not receive audio, only audio out.

• edited March 2017

@jbvdb said:
    Yeah, it's not a volume thing, it almost sounds like a phase thing. I am using a cheap 1/4 to 1/8 inch adapter and I think it might be that or maybe my headphones? I don't know. Like I said tho it isn't really a show stopper it is just odd

If you used that same adapter when using headphones and speakers from the headphone output, it does seem probable that the adapter could be the cause, as you suspect.

I've definitely had similar distant, phasey audio when attempting to use cheap headphone extension leads in the past with other equipment.

If you can get hold of another adapter, it would be worth trying it. Good luck

• edited March 2017

@Vecoto said:

@jbvdb said:
    Yeah, it's not a volume thing, it almost sounds like a phase thing. I am using a cheap 1/4 to 1/8 inch adapter and I think it might be that or maybe my headphones? I don't know. Like I said tho it isn't really a show stopper it is just odd

If you used that same adapter when using headphones and speakers from the headphone output, it does seem probable that the adapter could be the cause, as you suspect.

I've definitely had similar distant, phasey audio when attempting to use cheap headphone extension leads in the past with other equipment.

If you can get hold of another adapter, it would be worth trying it. Good luck

Yeah, I feel like I narrowed it down to that. Oddly enough when I play guitar through bias fx the only noticeable artefact is an odd volume drop when the amps are panned in the middle. Unfortunately I can't really test this out too much cuz I am away from home for a few months

@Korakios said:

@jbvdb said:
    Why the hell would I want to get figure for this?

Because in your original post you say you play music and have problem. Then you ask if it is affecting your synth apps. Since it would be easy for you to test your synths apps just by launching, I assume you don't have a single app and just bought the dock.
    So download the figure app and play it.
    Then post results.
    If it's not working someone could propose another free app for you to try ,that has option for buffer setting. Maybe somehow the alesis dock is stacked in wrong buffer.

Now reading your other posts try unplugging any cable on your inputs of the dock and play some music. Launch a synth app that does not receive audio, only audio out.

Yeah I have apps, I am using bias fx but I can't plug my guitar in with out the io dock ergo can't test it out. And I am not going to get figure just to try that out. Sorry if I didn't explain well in the OP.