Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio Warping in futur upgrade of Cubasis ?

edited February 2017 in General App Discussion

Hey all,
I know there was a thread recently about a soon upgrade of Cubasis, can't find it...
Was their an announcement for Audio Warping ??
I need this actually, and the only app that does that atm seems to be Auria pro, and honestly, 40 bucks just for that...Well...As I've got Cubasis already...
So, any chance to have that soon to your knowledge ? Or with a very simple inexpensive app ?
Cheers !

Comments

• edited February 2017

It has realtime time-stretch since v 2.0 isn't this what you mean?

• edited February 2017

Yes but what I'd like to do is that: (look for audio warping)
    http://auriaapp.com/Products/auria

Here you may quantize the audio more accurately...
    I've got samples from people who had a huge groove but didn't know about midi sync ! ;)
    And I want to fit them in my jam...

@Lars may I'll be soon happy ?

I'm actually tinkering something with Cubasis, export a part, time stretching, reimport, etc...seems ok, but still not perfect...

• This feature's a huge selling point for Auria Pro, and saved my neck more than once in critical work (the kind that has a deadline). In fact, it saved my neck yesterday. I think BM3 is set to include Auria Pro-style audio warping from day one, @crony.

• Auria is my favorite daw but i have to admit that i rarely use this function.In fact,i was too dumb to use it when i tried :smile:

But the regular time stretch is one of the most important features for me since day one.

• I'll be very happy the day Auria includes some sort of graphical pitch correction as well. If it comes as a paid IAP, I'll pay the price. The lack of such a tool is the very thing that still forces me to occasionally use a Desktop computer for non-orchestral music production (for orchestral music, of course, the iPad is still inviable).

• Well, thanks, I'll wait for BM3...Or an upgrade of Cubasis...
    I won't go to Auria pro, Cubasis is really perfect for (almost...) all my needs...

• I understood: $50 for a single needed feature is way too much, if your DAW already fulfills most of your needs. Hopefully, BM3 would be available for a fraction of this price.

• edited February 2017

Yep, and you also remind me that I have a computer !!! So I found a cheaper way:
    Editing in Audacity, use two tracks, with one with a simple beat to the tempo, an other track with your sample almost in time...then, adjust !
    The funny thing is I found out that the sound engineer at the time was cutting the tape like this (I saw some evidence of it...I mean the fact is was cutting tapes into the studio, not using Audacity obviously, lol)
    Works fine, even if it's a bit longer...

• @5pinlink ah !!! Great ! Thanks ! :)

• LFSLFS
    edited February 2017

Hi Crony,

The next Cubasis update is in the works and is progressing well so far.

As usual, the features included will be announced once the update becomes publicly available.
    Next to the new feature additions the update will include lots of user-requested improvements.

Best,
    Lars

• @LFS said:
    Hi Crony,

As usual, the features included will be announced once the update becomes publicly available.
    Next to the new feature additions the update will include lots of user-requested improvements.

Best,
    Lars

That's not a NO then :D

• Good old Steinberg, it will be here when it gets here containing what it contains. No chance to build up false expectations or disappoint by delays.

• edited February 2017

@BiancaNeve said:
    Good old Steinberg, it will be here when it gets here containing what it contains. No chance to build up false expectations or disappoint by delays.

Exactly..this is the best way...everything that does come in an update is a bonus !! None of that 'Are we there yet ?' rubbish.
    Although it may seem a bit frustrating for users not knowing what is upcoming.

Oh, and btw @LFS I still have the drones with full HD 10 x zoom cameras ready for a reconnaissance mission. ;)...better get those shutters ready :D

• @LFS said:
    Hi Crony,

Best,
    Lars

Perfectly acceptable. Thanks!

• edited February 2017

Yep, wait & see... :)
    Thanks

• Cubasis is my saving grace. AP is just not working on my Air2. Glitch and stutter o-rama

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Good old Steinberg, it will be here when it gets here containing what it contains. No chance to build up false expectations or disappoint by delays.

coughKorgcough

• @sbcfx said:
    Cubasis is my saving grace. AP is just not working on my Air2. Glitch and stutter o-rama

Wow, even on Air2 eh? Yah my Air1 could not get much use of AP. The last couple cubasis updates were great stuff.

• @AndyPlankton said:
    That's not a NO then :D

Sorry to disappoint here, but Audio Warping will not be included in the upcoming Cubasis update.

Best,
    Lars

• @BiancaNeve said:

I guess for people who are very fragile, emotionally, Steinberg is doing them a favor. I prefer to know anything a developer can announce about their plans, as that can be valuable information for me in planning for the future. Of course, things often change, unforeseen problems happen, and possible delays may be short or long. I'm sure I'm not the only one who can handle that reality.

• edited February 2017

Colour me fragile then.

I would rather plan from what is than what might be, specially in iOS land.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Colour me fragile then.

I would rather plan from what is than what might be, specially in iOS land.

Not taking announcements as guarantees would allow for that. With announcements of future releases or plans, we get info on what might be, and we can also plan based on what is. It's a little trickier, but I find more to work with is better. :)

• How was your performance with Gadget 3 on March 1st ;)

• @AndyPlankton said:

@BiancaNeve said:

Oh, and btw @LFS I still have the drones with full HD 10 x zoom cameras ready for a reconnaissance mission. ;)...better get those shutters ready :D

Go ahead and send me drone so I can fly it... :)

Best,
    Lars

• @LFS

Any plans to add Link support ???

It's already asked before in another thread, but could not find an answer. Wasted so much time trying to sync the midi clock.
    I understand we can use the midilinksync app, but would prefer not to run an extra app in the background.

• @LFS said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@BiancaNeve said:

Go ahead and send me drone so I can fly it... :)

Best,
    Lars

HeHeHe....Don't fly it in the office because the camera will stream back to me and I may get a glimpse of a screen somewhere ;)

• @Proto said:
    @LFS

It's already asked before in another thread, but could not find an answer. Wasted so much time trying to sync the midi clock.
    I understand we can use the midilinksync app, but would prefer not to run an extra app in the background.

While Link support is included in our backlog for quite some time, it will not come with the upcoming update.

Best,
    Lars

• @LFS said:

@Proto said:
    @LFS

While Link support is included in our backlog for quite some time, it will not come with the upcoming update.

Best,
    Lars

Link is more than likely one of the most asked for features in any app now. I am curious if there is perhaps some sort of difficulty implementing it within a DAW? No other DAW has linked yet either have they?

• @Tritonman said:

Link is more than likely one of the most asked for features in any app now. I am curious if there is perhaps some sort of difficulty implementing it within a DAW? No other DAW has linked yet either have they?

Modstep, Gadget...Also Genome, but I would not recommend it.