Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FCB1010 and Funk Drummer/Soft Drummer etc

Has anyone had any experience actually using the midi on these apps? All the reviews I see, the commentators state that it has midisync and then skips over it

I am using the FCB1010 footpedal with Funk Drummer and Soft Drummer (The other apps in the series are the same) and while I can program the pedal to start, fill, end etc.. I have to keep my foot on the pedal, otherwise it starts again.

This is all to do with Notes on and Notes off as far as I can see and the apps ignores Note On messages with a velocity of 0. When I press the pedal down, it sends a signal and then when I release the pedal, it sends another signal. This is the only explanation I can find unless I am misprogramming the footpedal. I have checked the midi signals with Midi Wrench and Midi Flow and this would seem to confirm what is happening.

I have tried to contact the developer via twitter about this problem but haven't heard anything back.

Does anyone have any suggestions? These apps would be perfect for playing a drum track that you can control while playing guitar and I don't know of any other drum app that will give the flexibility but the above problem is driving me nuts.

Either the app can't do it or I am not programming the footpedal correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Midi sync is the only support im affraid. I tried midibridge to check if i could create a connection to trigger drums/notes from my daw, but it only supports iaa audio. Also used midiwrench and it only shows clock data.

• Hi Proto, thanks for your help and comments.