Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Patterning Midi Question

I love Patterning and I would like to use it to sequence my outboard synths (volca and 0-Coast) while still running some sounds out of Patterning. My setup is iPad->iConnectivity 2->Synths->mixer. I know it is possible, but I can't figure out how to send the note information from a specific part (say, "Toms" or whatever) to a specific midi channel (say, channel 1) so that I can control the two synths separately and also still run some sounds out of the actual app. I would really appreciate some help, if anybody is doing this. Thanks!

Comments

• Go to file, MIDI configuration, and you can set which MIDI channel, note, and CC messages are sent out by Patterning. Each of the eight tracks correspond to the eight parts of the kit.

• yup, MIDI config is on the file page, botton left above twitter logo

• Thank you so much! So, just to clarify, the first on the list would typically correspond to the kick, the second to the snare and etc?

• @auxoct said:
    Thank you so much! So, just to clarify, the first on the list would typically correspond to the kick, the second to the snare and etc?

Yes, top to bottom just like in the editor for Patterning.

• As a side note, DOTS their other great little app is a 3 channel sequencer as well.

• Works great! Thanks!