Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tips to get BEEFIER sounds with iWavestation?

Heh. Or just nice, lush sounds, thicker sounds? The presets are good, and the random button is amazing, just when I am making a new sound from scratch, it is generally thin, flat, dorky. Hard to get something that doesn't sound silly from a single "oscillator" or "part". Do you just layer the sounds on there and add effects, or is there anything I can do to get the basic dry oscillator or parts sounding better?

It seems like Animoog is a similar synth, under the hood, as far as being a wavetable synth, and the x/y pad to move through the different wavetables, but it is easier to make nice sounds from scratch, especially when you switch on the unison setting, it just sounds great.

On a side note, are the wave tables real short, and it always plays the whole thing, or is there a way to slide your playhead along the wave, like you do in animoog, or Malstrom in Reason? The evolving sounds, like resonant sweeps, I've dissected a little in iWavestation seem like they use a big wave sequence, with, say, 32 seperate little waves, and there is a painstaking crossfade programmed between each wave.

Thanks for any pointers, on where to strike gold.

Comments

• To answer your post

Stereoizer
    MS PROC

Together

• Two things that help make it easy:
    1. Hit the loop tab on random patches so you can easily choose which waves are playing simultaneously for layering purposes
    2. Hit the pitch tab for transposing layers up and down by whatever to make it thick.

In a nutshell: layers