Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Quneo Video Series

I created a couple of Quneo vidoes, giving my thoughts and a more in-depth look at the editor and what all that stuff really means. I am still trying very hard to want to keep it and use it. Maybe if I can somehow figure out how to set it up with some apps and use it as an RC-505 clone, I will keep it. Do you guys find the Quneo useful in your setup? How do you integrate it and use it?

Comments

• I have yet to integrate mine into my setup. There is amazing potential, that for me is so far unrealized. I was looking at a few videos last night. Will check out yours when I get a chance.

• Quneo is one of a top major midi controller to date...I'm very happy with it...
    I was afraid first with the pads, but they're very good for my needs.(I don't do atm "Akai pads super speed finger stuffs", so some may think they're not good ? but I think they should be great for that...)

What I don't get at the moment is how to set a program change with it. I've contacted support, but I still don't understand... :smiley:
    Did you ? @gmslayton

• Good info, thanks! This is still at the top of my gear lust list

• @crony Unfortunately I do understand. With the Quneo hooked up to your computer and the editor open. Click the hardware menu item and click "Program Change Out" What this will do is send a PC message when you change your preset on the Quneo. I hooked it up to my iPad and used Midi Wrench to monitor the messages.

It appears that switching to preset 1 yeilds PC message CH=0 Program=0 and switching to preset 16 yields CH=0 Program=15. From what I can see, there is no way to change this. I am not to familiar with PC messages but I did bring up iM1 and it seemed to respond to the preset switching.

So here is some downfalls. If you want to use the same quneo preset over multiple PC changes, then you would have to copy the preset to others. You can only have 16 PC messages for any given set of presets. With iM1, whatever Card you are on, you would be able to select the first 16 presets with the quneo. So this would be good if you created a custom set of presets using one of the user cards.

There are a few other apps that respond to PC messages. I am sure a quick forum search could yield some PC message apps.

It is a crap poor implementation of PC message and it seems that their support for older hardware is done. Which is another reason I am considering trading it. It does what it does really well and to some it is a God send and to others it is a pit of disappointments.

• @gmslayton ahhhhhhhh ok !!! French here, so I just couldn't understand the way it worked, and true, it's a very limited implementation...But it's okay, even without this, still a great solid controller to me.
    I've got a BCR2000 that handles these perfectly, and Midiflow can also help if really I would use the Quneo, so as long as I do have workaround... :)
    Thanks a lot for the clarification !