Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drone Tone App is free at the moment

edited February 2017 in General App Discussion

From $0.99 now free

"Drone Tone seems especially good at invoking slow movements made of terror—Freddy Krueger dragging his razors across the metal sheets of an abandoned factory type shit. If you want to tap into your darker side then it's a surefire way of doing that."

Comments

• Fun. And I love the little toggle button that inverts the UI color.

• Thanks for the heads up! Downloading now. Based on the description of the app, I will certainly make use of it

• edited February 2017

neat color palette..either mostly grey black or white..you choose
    Neat sounds, no audiobus
    Feel like I'm playing a game to unlock something
    301 MB
    Thanks for the freebie

• Drone Tone - An Ominous Sound Toy by Conor Mccann
    https://appsto.re/ca/BYNrab.i

Yeah why so big? (301MB)

• Thanks, really great sounds coming out...

I wrote the developer if he could add some basic features...

• One question before I enter the abandoned factory: Can the sounds be extracted easily? Can I feed this to any kind of iOS DAW?

• It's not abandoned...
    You can't extract sounds, I record directly into my field recorder via cable.
    That was one of requests, with export to AS, IAA, AB, etc...the usual minimum
    Can you imagine running that through some ape software?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    One question before I enter the abandoned factory: Can the sounds be extracted easily? Can I feed this to any kind of iOS DAW?

Nah, no exporting or connectivity. Good though, I'll probably connect a lead out from my phone into the iPad, and record it into Audioshare for future tweaking.

• All, right, grabbed it. But on the search page I was also recommended The Oscillater, by Jonathan Liljedahl. Also free, but with AB and IAA. How have I never heard of this? Worth it?

• cool, got it. so basically it has 5 or 6 samples per page, and you turn them on or off.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    All, right, grabbed it. But on the search page I was also recommended The Oscillater, by Jonathan Liljedahl. Also free, but with AB and IAA. How have I never heard of this? Worth it?

Totally in its lovely simplicity. And, you know, JLilla...

• He created the oscillator because someone on this forum asked him to. It's useful if you want a basic oscillator that you want to feed into something else for drones. Though droneo is probably more useful.

• Oscillator unfortunately has an expiration date as it's on the 32 bit App chopping block :(

• Its really Great, thx !

• Oscillator is great. Hard pan the 2 oscillators left and right, put on a pair of headphones and check to see if you have any notches in your hearing.

• Nice sounds, thanks for the tip off. Wondering....is anyone aware if the generated sounds are 'free', i.e. up for use ? Feels a bit like one of those copyrighted numbers.

• Thanks for the heads up, @mannix!

Preset save and delete would be a welcome addition - I do like the minimalist, "let it do its thing" interface, but I hate that feeling when you've got a great thing going, and then you have to get going. Nice to save favorite drones for later recall.

And some form of audio out, even if it's simple record/export/audiocopy/paste. Some very interesting sounds to be explored here. Not necessarily ominous, but definitely horrorshow :sunglasses:

• Ok, this is fun! I'd love to see this get developed more - save, background audio, link. Great jumping off point for my next cinematic space thriller!

• I contacted the developer and exchanged some emails etc...he gave me a link to PC/Mac version:
    https://conormccann.itch.io/drone-tone

It is easier to record loops/pads on my PC sound card and use them later.
    And definitely not abandoned-ware.

• If you have an iconnectivity interface you can loop back the audio. So there is connectivity if you have one or their devices.

• @soundklinik said:
    I contacted the developer and exchanged some emails etc...he gave me a link to PC/Mac version:

Thanks for that link. Desktop version + Soundflower + Audacity = 16bit AIFF files saved to Dropbox for import into AudioShare. Very groovy :sunglasses:

• Wow, why is Drone 301MB?

• @decibelle said:
    Wow, why is Drone 301MB?

Samples, samples and more samples – some longer than others. That random button goes a long way, and I have yet to hit a repeat patch or feel like I'd returned to "the beginning," so to speak.

The app store claims over 249 billion combinations ...

• edited February 2017

@eustressor said:

@soundklinik said:
    I contacted the developer and exchanged some emails etc...he gave me a link to PC/Mac version:

Thanks for that link. Desktop version + Soundflower + Audacity = 16bit AIFF files saved to Dropbox for import into AudioShare. Very groovy :sunglasses:

I just ran Drone Tone into Logic Pro from the iPad via lighting cable. Sound is a little bit thin I think. I'm guessing the desktop version's samples are essentially identical?

EDIT: Installed desktop version and Soundflower. Ran into Logic Pro that way. Sounds about the same as run in via the app through Lightning cable... only it's odd the desktop version takes 175MB instead of the 300MB in the iOS version.

• @mannix said:
    From $99 now free

"Drone Tone seems especially good at invoking slow movements made of terror—Freddy Krueger dragging his razors across the metal sheets of an abandoned factory type shit. If you want to tap into your darker side then it's a surefire way of doing that."

Thanks for this!

• @eustressor said:

@decibelle said:
    Wow, why is Drone 301MB?

Samples, samples and more samples – some longer than others. That random button goes a long way, and I have yet to hit a repeat patch or feel like I'd returned to "the beginning," so to speak.

The app store claims over 249 billion combinations ...

Thank you, that was easily straightforward! :)

• Is there anything else (besides this, with IAA preferably) like Droneo or SpaceVibe? I'm fairly happy with those two, but always open to more.

• Nice, something else for Shoom to add more weirdness to.