Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

My First Music Making iOS App

Prompted by a comment @Fruitbat1919 made I thought it would be interesting to find out what app got everyone started in iOS music making.

For me it was Thumbjam, I thought it was magical way back when and I haven't changed my mind. It's been very close to the first thing I install on a new device.

Comments

• edited February 2017

Figure. Don't use it anymore but I still think it's a brilliant way to get a song started

Edit: I should also mention that Figure was a key motivation for me to choose iPhone over another Android phone. Given how much I've spent on the App Store since I switched allegiances, I think Apple owes Props at least a sincere thank you. They owe Props some major props.

• Cubasis.
    I didn't have an ios device, but I had a Steinberg UR44, so downloaded Cubasis LE on my fiance''s ipad mini 2.
    Downloaded a few more on hers and nought my own air 2 a few months later.

• There was a similar thread a while back and I said Filtatron was my first music app but according to my app history it seems Impaktor was the first.

• Auria.

Before Auria I always used Pro Tools or Reaper or Studio One.

I had iPads around for a bunch of other uses, but I had never considered using them for music. Then I heard about Auria so I got it first and then AudioBus and then Loopy.

I didn't expect to wind up with hundreds of music apps. I'm somewhat prone to addictions.

• Probably Alchemy? Possibly Addictive synth v1 and/or the beautiful M3000 ...

• It doesn't generate sound, but Liine's Lemur is what drew me in and got me checking things out. I initially was only thinking about using the iPad as a control surface.

• GarageBand then Figure then Audiobus then Loopy then Thor in that exact order.

The first true OMG moment came after my first iap for Alchemy and I knew my laptop was going to be obsolete for my music..

• edited February 2017

I had loopy HD way way before anything else. I promptly stopped using it because i couldnt figure out an easy way to get a microphone into my ipad back then a couple years ago without spending a mint. EDIT: the first app to convince me i needed to stick with IOS was Samplr.

• I think my first app was Magellan, and the first thing that locked in was Gadget.

• Garageband. Then Auria, and then AudioShare.

• Music Studio by A.Gross...great first app !

• Thumbjam or Nanostudio. Can't remember at this point.

• I've always been into making music on portable devices like the Palm TX, but the first iOS specific music app I can really remember getting into is Nanostudio.

• Garageband for me as well, made me replace my Android tablet back in 2012.

• I have been forced to look at my entire app buying history ... it's not a pretty sight in places.

• Animoog was my first one.

• edited February 2017

My first app was Noise.io followed by NanoStudio which was my first iOS app where I really got into making music on the iPad/iPhone. This was followed by iSequncerHD then Beatmaker then Cubasis and then Caustic and Korg Gadget.

• Caustic, after using it on an android tablet.

• Rebirth, looks so geeky, sounds so freaky. Still!

• iKaossilator

• My First was Animoog, and now i think i have all :)

• Nanostudio was my first 'proper' music app on my 3GS. Could never get the hang of it though.

• Loopy. Read a review about it in the Chicago Tribune and went out and bought an iPad.

• @TheVimFuego said:
    I have been forced to look at my entire app buying history ... it's not a pretty sight in places.

Yeah, I think most of us have those "WTF was I thinking?" places in our app history.

• Musyc Pro and Garage Band

• FLM then Line6 Mobile POD then Garageband...all on an old iPod Touch

• @AndyPlankton said:
    FLM then Line6 Mobile POD then Garageband...all on an old iPod Touch

Yeh my start was on an ancient iPod Touch. Still got it and using it actually.