Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How to connect another idevice to record stereo audio?

Hi, I need to shoot with an iphone5 and would like to record "stereo" audio from an iPad Mini2 (Audiobus, Loopy, DrumPerfectPro).
I have a USB hub and a Lightning3 adapter.
I think bluetooth will show latency. Will a second Lightning Adapter be the best solution? Other suggestions?
Thank you

Comments

• I hope you know that you don't need a second device to record in stereo. But for what you are proposing I believe you will need the camera adapter and a class compliant USB audio interface.

• edited February 2017

@telecharge said:
    I hope you know that you don't need a second device to record in stereo. But for what you are proposing I believe you will need the camera adapter and a class compliant USB audio interface.

Hi @telecharge,
    Yes, I know I could record direct with Audioshare or another similar app on the iPad itself. But I need to record the video already with the audio generated on the iPad. I could use a P3 plug and record in mono on the Iphone, but the stereo sound has a lot more nuances. Maybe via bluetooth / wifi would work, but I think there will be latency as there will be other heavy apps running on the iPad. I believe a second adapter would be the best solution, but I will only buy it if I am 100% sure. Perhaps there is another solution that has not occurred to me. That's why I posted here. Thanks.

• OK. Your post was about to fall off page 1, so I figured worst case someone would correct me or offer a better solution. I hope you get something figured out.

• I don't get it. But you have to understand that you do that operation in 2 times.
    You have to record the audio live on your iPad, shoot the video with your iPhone.
    Then, after, you use an app or software to edit your video, take the audio of your ipad and replace it on your video.
    Add some lensflare , and you'll have a new Star Treck episode :D

• edited February 2017

Thanks @telecharge

hi @crony,
    I know I could edit everything later, but the goal is to make live stream (face live, periscope, etc) with audio centered on a usb mixer. The ambient sound pickup would not be good as it has many external noises. My idea is to make the iphone film everything and receive the audio in real time by sending it to the web.

• I have never done it but I'm sure the Steinberg ur242 I have purchased allows you to pass the live audio to the video stream.

• edited February 2017

The new IK multimedia recorder app will record video and audio from Audiobus at the same time.

iRig Recorder by IK Multimedia
    https://appsto.re/gb/KYLIz.i

• edited February 2017

Audio interface to the device you shoot video with, it will replace the mic input, or at least should do that(check it somewhere to make sure before buying stuff). Another ios device where you want the audio from connected to the audio interface. You can use a simple headphone jack cable that splits into 2 ts(so you can hook it on the audio interface). Or better if you can get another audio interface for the audio sending ios device, as you can get better audio quality that way.

• edited February 2017

thank you all. Helped a lot :-)

• Hi, I used a second connection for video recording with stereo audio
    USB Hub + UCA222 + lighting adapter + iPhone + Veescope or other video app.
    See this: