Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Guitar arpeggiator app?

Anybody know of one? I'm looking for an arpeggiator app that will work on a live input, like my guitar.

There are some pedals which do this (Earthquaker's Arpanoid, for example), but I can't find an app.

Comments

• Guitar capo? I downloaded it but never used it but I think it has that

• Have you tried Virsyn's Arpeggist?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/arpeggist/id993650909?mt=8

Should fit nicely in the audiobus FX slot.

• No, I don't think there's anything like the Apranoid on iOS. You can get some similar effects with Holderness Media's Crystalline but definitely not the same thing. Now that I'm typing it, it seems weird that there isn't a fixed pitch delay app like this on iOS. Maybe I'm just forgetting.

You could go the route of MIDI Morphosis and point the MIDI and an arpeggiator app and point that at a synth but it won't be using your guitar tone.

• @eustressor said:
    Have you tried Virsyn's Arpeggist?

The App Store description says it goes in the Audiobus input slot.

@syrupcore said:

You could go the route of MIDI Morphosis and point the MIDI and an arpeggiator app and point that at a synth but it won't be using your guitar tone.

That's looks like the best option so far. I already have Midi Guitar.

• @mistercharlie said:

@eustressor said:
    Have you tried Virsyn's Arpeggist?

The App Store description says it goes in the Audiobus input slot.

@syrupcore said:

That's looks like the best option so far. I already have Midi Guitar.

MIDI Guitar works more effectively than MIDImorphosis in my experience. Just FYI.

• Never heard of this before. Looks nice! Is it good? Gonna try the free version tonight.

• @richardyot said:

MIDI Guitar works more effectively than MIDImorphosis in my experience. Just FYI.

I love MIDI Guitar.

• It's a shame Sugar Bytes didn't release there VST Guitarist on iOS.

• What about guitar arp apps for keyboard players? Yamaha MMS does it.. anything else? Jam Maestro also I think.

• edited February 2017

@Telstar5 said:
    What about guitar arp apps for keyboard players? Yamaha MMS does it.. anything else? Jam Maestro also I think.

Hardware guitars rarely send and receive midi input, so regular arp apps doesent work

• Actually, Yamaha Arp, Drum & Synth, also, Yamaha Arp Dr (the Midi version only of Arp, Drum & Synth app) app can do guitar Apreggiator. It's a shame Yamaha didn't update the Midi version to run in the background.

• @mistercharlie said:

@richardyot said:

I love MIDI Guitar.

This is what I use for the use case you describe. I just point midi guitar at a NB arp in a synth app. Done.

• I hooked midi guitar up to Model 15 and that worked out pretty well.