Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Performance of iWavestation on an iPad 4

Is anyone else running iWavestation on an iPad 4? I love love love this synth, but on my iPad 4 I'm finding that the interface is sometimes sluggish in some odd ways, and that adjusting some parameters takes multiple tries.

Thanks in advance!

M

Comments

• I never use standalone - but haven't noticed any issues in Gadget. I can usually get 3-5 instances running along with a few other Gadgets quite easily. iPad 4.

• Which version of iOS are you using? And which buffer size? I've not tried iWAVESTATION on my wife's iPad 4 but iMS-20 runs like a treat, and afaik iWAVESTATION will run on anything that received iOS 9. Try bumping audio latency up to SAFER and see if that helps. I'll experiment after work today and let you know if I have the same problem.

• @Halftone said:
    I never use standalone - but haven't noticed any issues in Gadget. I can usually get 3-5 instances running along with a few other Gadgets quite easily. iPad 4.

Heh -- I only ever use standalone so far (or in AUM when it's time to record something), since the Milpitas Gadget is so crippled when it comes to creating a sound from scratch. :smile:

Good to know that you can run multiple instances in Gadget though. That gives me ideas! :wink:

• @jrjulius said:
    Which version of iOS are you using? And which buffer size? I've not tried iWAVESTATION on my wife's iPad 4 but iMS-20 runs like a treat, and afaik iWAVESTATION will run on anything that received iOS 9. Try bumping audio latency up to SAFER and see if that helps. I'll experiment after work today and let you know if I have the same problem.

oh snap! good call, @jrjulius -- i'll try it and report back. mainly it's editing those damn x-fade points and things in the wave sequencer editor...

• @papertiger said:

@jrjulius said:
    Which version of iOS are you using? And which buffer size? I've not tried iWAVESTATION on my wife's iPad 4 but iMS-20 runs like a treat, and afaik iWAVESTATION will run on anything that received iOS 9. Try bumping audio latency up to SAFER and see if that helps. I'll experiment after work today and let you know if I have the same problem.

oh snap! good call, @jrjulius -- i'll try it and report back. mainly it's editing those damn x-fade points and things in the wave sequencer editor...

i don't do alot of editing - but have found sometimes moving markers or x-fade points finicky - not a performance issue likely though.

• @Halftone said:
    i don't do alot of editing - but have found sometimes moving markers or x-fade points finicky - not a performance issue likely though.

I think you're right. I tried it with different latency settings and no change. It's almost as if the targeting is a bit off when I try to edit a point, if that makes sense. As if I have to hit the point "just so" to get it the app to register a touch to edit a point.

• R_2R_2
    edited February 2017

@papertiger said:

@Halftone said:

I think you're right. I tried it with different latency settings and no change. It's almost as if the targeting is a bit off when I try to edit a point, if that makes sense. As if I have to hit the point "just so" to get it the app to register a touch to edit a point.

Same on my Pro. Touching the points slightly to the left mostly works.

• @R_2 said:

@papertiger said:

@Halftone said:

Same on my Pro. Touching the points slightly to the left mostly works.

Thanks, everyone, for responding. If it's wonky on even a Pro, that makes me feel "better." It's quirk/annoyance I can deal with.