Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nodal - probability theory sampler

Comments

• Is this thread still active? I know I haven't posted in a while, but I haven't seen any other posts. @NodalGuy, any word on 9.? compatibility? Just wondering how close I need to watch for it and to make sure I have the right amount of funds available. Thanks.

• He's working on it. Don't know about 9 compatibility, but there have been a few beta builds recently, with new features :)

• When I bought it, it worked at 9.3.5. This mean I won't be able to update to fix IAA or sample deleting? Does this also mean I can't delete the app because it requires 10+ and I'm stuck at 9.3.5?

• iOS 9 compatible -YEA!
    Price bump - BOO!:(
    Back to the "wait list."
    Tight app budgets require lots of patience. But a heads up woulda been nice.

• @Regulus said:
    iOS 9 compatible -YEA!
    Back to the "wait list."

Seriously? This was only $2 to launch, and it's bumped up $1 with significant feature improvements, and a completely new sample morphing feature as well, and you're complaining about a $1 price increase?

The new morphing feature is really cool too. A steal at this very low price. If it were me, I'd grab it now before it goes up again. ;)

• It's nice to see this updated, but probably won't spend too much time with it until they add a save feature. Seems to me a big omission so hope they add this next. :)

• edited May 2017

@Carnbot said:
    It's nice to see this updated, but probably won't spend too much time with it until they add a save feature. Seems to me a big omission so hope they add this next. :)

There are a couple minor interface changes that'd I'd like to see, but the new sample fusion feature is pretty cool. You select two samples to be fused and select the percentage of each you want in the fusion, and it makes a new hybrid. Just tried making two new fusions, then fusing them together. Interesting results.

• @skiphunt said:

@Carnbot said:
    It's nice to see this updated, but probably won't spend too much time with it until they add a save feature. Seems to me a big omission so hope they add this next. :)

There are a couple miner interface changes that'd I'd like to see, but the new sample fusion feature is pretty cool. You select two samples to be fused and select the percentage of each you want in the fusion, and it makes a new hybrid. Just tried making two new fusions, then fusing them together. Interesting results.

Yes I tried the new fusion thing, very clever and produces good results.

• @skiphunt said:

@Regulus said:
    iOS 9 compatible -YEA!
    Back to the "wait list."

Seriously? This was only $2 to launch, and it's bumped up $1 with significant feature improvements, and a completely new sample morphing feature as well, and you're complaining about a $1 price increase?

The new morphing feature is really cool too. A steal at this very low price. If it were me, I'd grab it now before it goes up again. ;)

Not complaining. I know this is a great price, so absolutely not complaining. Just saying a heads up like a lot of other app sales give would have been nice. I just have to wait for my app funds to refresh (complicated system, but it works). I'm looking forward to giving this features a good workout.

• @Regulus said:

@skiphunt said:

@Regulus said:
    iOS 9 compatible -YEA!
    Back to the "wait list."

Not complaining. I know this is a great price, so absolutely not complaining. Just saying a heads up like a lot of other app sales give would have been nice. I just have to wait for my app funds to refresh (complicated system, but it works). I'm looking forward to giving this features a good workout.

Cool. It's getting there, but I hope people buy his app do that he keeps up the momentum. It's one to watch IMHO

• one to watch

• @TheNodalGuy hi - just trying your lovely app in iOS 11 and it is crashing on me. Let me know if you need to know more. I’m on the new 10.5.

Thanks!

• Dropped two days ago: $0,99 from $2,99.

• Well, that's kind of sad. I had high hopes for this one. Didn't get any final feedback on the last beta many months ago, so I'm wondering if this price drop means it's sort of being prepped for abandonment?

This app is cool, unique, and is way cool to experiment with. It can be a bit buggy, for for a dollar... I'd snag this in a heartbeat.

• The developer told me he was working on an update for iOS 11. This was a couple of weeks ago.

cc @TheNodalGuy

• @gusgranite said:
    The developer told me he was working on an update for iOS 11. This was a couple of weeks ago.

cc @TheNodalGuy

I hope so. Would love to see Nodal continue to evolve. Automation would be sweet.

• Strange. Had this on my wishlist and it disappeared. Can't find it in the App Store anymore.

• It lives. Sweet. :)

• This got some potential. Right now it's randomly crashing when in the sequencer and, you can't save anything. I bought it cos the morphing thing did sound interesting though and, perhaps it could produce sample fodder for use elsewhere...

I choose 2 samples, but I can't preview them when in the morph/blend mode, so I'm pretty much blindly choosing 2 samples I hope will sound dope together. If I'm not missing something, hearing the sample you tap on when choosing would make this more useable. You got 2 (mixing?) sliders that don't seem to do much at all, but again, I might missing something here. I'll experiment a bit further, but perhaps marking out what the sliders do, add value readouts (to everything really) and perhaps have it done in realtime instead of needing to render first might be worth considering.

I'd buy a new app where everything is about blending and morphing samples. Using the renderer, using the "sequencer" as more of a mixing and panning field, along with all the effects, reverse, pitch etc. Probability sequencers there is no shortage of on iOS. Sooo....please make it happen? Pretty please?

• Who let the dawgs out??

• It's an app that I've been a fan of since it launched. But, in it's current state it is kinda buggy. I though it was abandoned, but I messaged the dev and he said it's not abandoned, but he took on a job that's taking up much of his time.

I don't know the price of this now, but even buggy... it's definitely worth the $1or $2 it was on sale for. If you get the right combination of samples and get creative with the linking and fx, you can get some great and unique results.

• edited October 2017

@skiphunt said:
    It's an app that I've been a fan of since it launched. But, in it's current state it is kinda buggy. I though it was abandoned, but I messaged the dev and he said it's not abandoned, but he took on a job that's taking up much of his time.

I don't know the price of this now, but even buggy... it's definitely worth the $1or $2 it was on sale for. If you get the right combination of samples and get creative with the linking and fx, you can get some great and unique results.

True. I grabbed it for $1 earlier today. It's not stable enough to really dig into the whole probability sequencer thing (at least not on iPad Air 1 iOS 10.3.3). But it's still a very neat sample fodder creator...thing...y. Lots of effects as well, some of the effects have multiple algorithms (the distortion effect have a bitcrush algorithm which = much win!).

• This got a nice update today. Nothing that new, but MUCH more stable and all the bugs I can recall have been stomped.

• Just got this, it's good fun. As usual there's something I can't work out though: early in this thread someone said you can change the colour of a node to set it to a fixed speed, linked to the figure in the coloured boxes. But how do you do that? I tried touching a node and a colour box at the same time, but that didn't work...

• Heisenberg would have been pleased :smile:

• Just updated to version 2. In the description I read about audio unit extension instead of IAA, but for me after update the app is the same as before. Anyone?

• Wow another AU update! This one is Audiokit so watch the ride... I’m going in!

• @gusgranite said:
    Wow another AU update! This one is Audiokit so watch the ride... I’m going in!

Yes but for me the app after the update remained identically as before.

Trying to install again.

• Same. Will report.

These developers are really giving it their all to upgrade their apps to the AUv3 format. Good on them.

Cheering you on, devs! 👊