Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Launchpad & Blocs Wave // Send your Blocs Wave projects to Launchpad for iOS

Now send your Blocs Wave creations to Launchpad for iOS.

Blocs Wave and Launchpad now work together more seamlessly than ever, with Blocs Export. 

Blocs Wave, released last year, has quickly become one of the easiest and most creative ways to start making new music, thanks to its inspiring discover and easy record modes. Launchpad for iOS remains one of the most powerful and popular iOS apps for remixing and performing music. 

From today, these two music makers work harmoniously. You can now start making music in Blocs Wave and send it to Launchpad with the new ‘Blocs Export’ feature, allowing you to make your own Launchpad Soundpacks.

By tapping the export button in Blocs Wave, your pads will open up in Launchpad where you can perform, apply FX and record your performances. Making changes is easy - return to the Blocs Wave project in a single tap, switch out loops, record new vocals, and rearrange your ideas. Then just tap ‘Re-export’ and everything ill be updated in Launchpad.

In addition to Blocs Export, we recently introduced Launchpad Soundpack Sharing, allowing your Blocs Wave purchases to automatically appear in Launchpad. 

Blocs Export allows the Blocs apps to work together in a truly unique and powerful way, allowing you to create and perform music on iOS like never before.

Key Features

• Blocs Export  - Send your Blocs Wave Projects to Launchpad for iOS
  • Re-exporting - At any time, return to Blocs Wave, make changes, then tap re-export.
  • Sounds the same - Blocs Export does clever things like bounce your slices & loop points.
  • View all your Projects - Enhanced Launchpad project list shows your exported Projects.
  • Record & share - Use Launchpads record mode to perform you Blocs Wave tunes.

*Same device only on iPad or iPhone. Check both apps are up-to-date with the latest versions.

// The Blocs Team.

Comments

• :# This my "Excited" face.

• Great! Just in time to work with my new launchkey 61 mk2 ;)

• OK my ears just pricked up :)

• edited February 2017

Haven't even had coffee yet and my pulse is up....any guesses? (of course I was futilely clicking on the pic thinking it was a vid)....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Haven't even had coffee yet and my pulse is up....any guesses? (of course I was futilely clicking on the pic thinking it was a vid)....

LMAO....I did the exact same thing :D

• I think it is great what you guys do for people who are not musicians. These anyone can do it apps have gone a long way to inspire people to give it a go even if they have never picked up an instrument of any sort before. I know of a few myself and they are amazed at what they can sound like with zero experience.

• edited February 2017

Awesome stuff guys, yet again !! That will not just shave time, but crop a whole bunch of it off the process :)

• @blocsxnovation Just watched the video. It looks awesome. One question. When you export to launchPad, is it somehow file sharing without duplication? My 16gb iPad fills up quick sometimes.

On a side note, that guy on the left at the end of the video had me cracking up.

• edited February 2017

I dismissed these apps as "canned loop" toys initially and I am very happy to see how they have evolved to be great creative tools.

I recently bought a Launchkey Mini largely based on the tight integration and it's been great.

I have no idea what is around the corner but have faith it will be a Good Thing.

• I like how you press a button and you're in a different location.

• Brilliant. Very well done.Thank you guys

• @blocsxnovation amazing! Now make launch controllers compatible with Blocs for composing (and keep the control when you switch apps also please) to be perfect!

• edited February 2017

@TheVimFuego said:
    I dismissed these apps as "canned loop" toys initially and I am very happy to see how they have evolved to be great creative tools.

They were/are, but the day they introduced the editing/flatten ability to imported noise it all changed (for me)...

• For those of us working in a busy office, what's the deal?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@TheVimFuego said:

They were/are, but the day they introduced the editing/flatten ability to imported noise it all changed (for me)...

Indeed, they have come a long way.

Blocs Export to Launchpad updates (both apps) just went live for me.

A shame it is nearly Midnight here and gainful employment takes priority or I'd explore further. I think Good Things are ahead ...

• @Jocphone said:
    For those of us working in a busy office, what's the deal?

Looks like exporting your Blocs thingie directly into the Launchpad app....

• @Jocphone said:
    For those of us working in a busy office, what's the deal?

• Thanks @JohnnyGoodyear

Do like me a bit of Blocs but have yet to get into a fully smooth and satisfying workflow with it.

• Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!

• edited February 2017

I had deleted blocs because of some sort of scale limitation or something but now can not remember why I was not happy with it. I remember it was fun but the limitation was maddening.

• edited February 2017

@Tritonman said:
    I had deleted blocs because of some sort of scale limitation or something but now can not remember why I was not happy with it. I remember it was fun but the limitation was maddening.

You are probably referring to the fact that it works with minor keys and not major keys (although you can use the relative minor for the major, or just work in major and ignore the fact you are saying it is minor (if that makes sense) )

Although at first I thought I would, i have never actually found this to be restrictive in any way.

• @Tritonman said:

This is an almost exact description of my first marriage.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Tritonman said:

You are probably referring to the fact that it works with minor keys and not major keys (although you can use the relative minor for the major, or just work in major and ignore the fact you are saying it is minor (if that makes sense) )

Although at first I thought I would, i have never actually found this to be restrictive in any way.

Re downloaded to give that a go, thanks.

• These are awesome tools to fit our creative flows! If it fits your that's awesome! I love it to create ideas even from randomising waves it's a lot of fun.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Tritonman said:

This is an almost exact description of my first marriage.

Best thing I've read in weeks. God damn.

• edited February 2017

I should be beaten severely for deleting this one! Having a ball!

• So many great features added to BlocsWave and Launchpad. Awesome and many thanks!!!

I’ve asked a few times for this feature, I’m not sure if anyone else has posted re: this: adding the ability to copy/paste the slicer bars?

This is sorely needed. With this, I could really use this app for most of my writing. But, as is, I can make my dream loop (LOL), then want to move it to a different bar, but I don’t have a way to move it. It’s pretty dejecting, and has wiped out my creative flow on more than one occasion.

Is it just me, or isn’t this on the must have feature list?