Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPhone App Neglect? Bastard step children unite!

Do you use your iPhone for many ios music making needs?

Do you feel a trend of apps being "iPad" only? I feel like many new apps I see and get excited, and then, boooooooo.

iPad only.

I can say with certainty, the apps that seem to sell the most are Universal.

Animoog.

Elastic Drums.

Infinte Looper

Geo Shred

IF KORG GADGET CAN BE ON IPHONE, CAN'T EVERY APP BE ON IPHONE?

I leave you with this.

Developers, please know some of us use our iPhones 50% of the time or use and would appreciate your app being universal.

Comments

• Jaja... animoog its not universal.

• I want to move entirely to iPhone , those 7 Plus guys look like the perfect size, but alas almost none of the apps i need are iphone friendly.

• I use my iPhone 100%. but I actually see it trending opposite. More apps are going universal or with iPhone versions. Just found out yesterday TC- data is now on iPhone. This coming on the heels of tc-11. I used to get bummed about the choices but there's still so much you can do. What does piss me off though is universal apps with a whole laundry list of asterisks regarding what is iPad exclusive. Which I suppose is understandable. Though there are some cases where it appears that the features could have been included. Like when only the iPad version has AudioShare export or something like that. Bullshit. And as you said, they put Gadget on iPhone in the exact same format. Though that one in particular is a bit fiddly on the small screen.

• @db909 said:
    I use my iPhone 100%. but I actually see it trending opposite. More apps are going universal or with iPhone versions. Just found out yesterday TC- data is now on iPhone. This coming on the heels of tc-11. I used to get bummed about the choices but there's still so much you can do. What does piss me off though is universal apps with a whole laundry list of asterisks regarding what is iPad exclusive. Which I suppose is understandable. Though there are some cases where it appears that the features could have been included. Like when only the iPad version has AudioShare export or something like that. Bullshit. And as you said, they put Gadget on iPhone in the exact same format. Though that one in particular is a bit fiddly on the small screen.

100% agree. the trend it's universal apps.

I think the iPhone needs simpler user interfaces in other to be usable (and enjoyable) rather than a mess of pages and pages or endless scrolling or constantly zooming in and out. Most developers make their best to find a good compromise.

• @Lacm1993 Frankly, music apps, in general, need simpler interfaces.

• My new goal is to only use universal apps in my live setup. That way I always have a backup in my pocket. I just need to figure a way to most efficiently share between two devices.

• @Lacm1993 said:
    Jaja... animoog its not universal.

Yeah Yeah

Reasonable people know I am referring to apps both on the phone and ipad vs ipad alone.

You have no thoughts on that?

• We also need more universal AUs

• edited February 2017

@RustiK said:

@Lacm1993 said:
    Jaja... animoog its not universal.

Yeah Yeah

Reasonable people know I am referring to apps both on the phone and ipad vs ipad alone.

You have no thoughts on that?

No, you were referring specifically to universal apps (one single app for both iPad and iPhone) Not separate iPhone and iPad apps. I think most people would disagree calling animoog an universal app as you have to pay twice to get in on your phone. At least that's how everyone's using the term "universal app". Going universal means an app that was only for iPad now works on the phone as well (or viceversa) and you don't have to pay anything for it.

I do expressed my thoughts on your post, my opinion it's the total opposite of yours, universal apps it's the trend and it's happening more and more even if some of the biggest apps are not there yet. It will take time, it's no easy task shrinking an interface designed for a 12.9 display (iPad Pro) onto a 4 inch display (iPhone SE), Apple won't allow developers release an app only for plus sized iPhones.

Now if instead of universal apps, developers release separate versions for iPhone, it might give them more incentives to make their apps work on the small screen, after all only companies like korg can afford to do the things they do, I remember the developer of crystalline, caramel, etc. decided to released separate versions of his apps because it was the only way he could make the project work financially, the developer of elastic drums struggled wether his app would become universal or a separate iPad version (elastic drums was originally iPhone only) at the end he went universal (because there was no way to offer a discount to existing users with separate versions) but I imagine it wasn't an easy choice.

• edited February 2017

delete

• I'll be honest. I never used an iPhone for music making since the screen was just too tiny for it to be useful to me. Another thing that annoyed me is that the cck3 doesn't work with it. So I got rid of my iPhone and moved to an android device. Caustic fits my occasional doodling needs on my phone and a powered other hub means I can use my kboards and launchpad pro with it.

even then I do most of my stuff on my iPad with the more serious work on my desktop. (I find the iPad too small too lol)

• @RustiK said:
    Do you use your iPhone for many ios music making needs?

Do you feel a trend of apps being "iPad" only? I feel like many new apps I see and get excited, and then, boooooooo.

iPad only.

I can say with certainty, the apps that seem to sell the most are Universal.

Animoog.

Elastic Drums.

Infinte Looper

Geo Shred

IF KORG GADGET CAN BE ON IPHONE, CAN'T EVERY APP BE ON IPHONE?

My thoughts exactly... especially the part about gadget.
    How difficult is it for developers to make their apps universal ?

• Another mainly iPhone user here too, would love to see more apps ported to the smaller screen.

• I am not an "iphone" only user. Don't get me wrong.

But, sometimes, based on what I have going on my iPads, I need another instance of something that unfortunately is iPad only and the other devices are maxed out at that moment literally in mid song or performance.

My iphone also has uses being just the phone as well - for instance as a MIDI controller, microphone, or for more touch centric apps like Figure or Triq Traq.

I GUESS MY PROBLEM IS THAT I JUST NEED TO BUY ANOTHER IPAD AND QUIT CRYING LIKE A BITCH.

It just hit me.

L O S E R

:)

All about being able to laugh at one self I guess. (And not take discussions about apps too serious)