Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

korg nanokey studio short life span?

have had mine for a few months and have been very happy with it but lately i will have drop off's. battery is fine, swapped it out. will be working and i'll reach for it and nothing. check connection and it says it's connected, disconnect and connect again and it will work, sometimes. connect it to the computer to check on the templates, etc and sometimes it shows up sometimes it doesn't. last night i couldn't connect it to the korg software for the life of me, turned it on and off a dozen times. when connected to the computer it lights up, but doesn't show as connected in the software. this week i was going to buy the nanokontrol studio but this has given me pause. never dropped it, looks and feels new.

Comments

• edited February 2017

I have had mine for a month or so. So far, no problems - and I have admittedly been a little rough on it (e.g., I toss it into my backpack which I am not always careful with; my 70-lb. dog - who is very assertive when he wants attention - has jumped on it to get me to stop playing with it)(or it could be that he just wants a turn).

• I'm happy with mine too, no issues at all yet...
    (Having my roots in 'tracking' I like the feel of the keys).

• @Samu said:
    I'm happy with mine too, no issues at all yet...
    (Having my roots in 'tracking' I like the feel of the keys).

yeah, i really like it, just don't like when it's not responding. wish it had more weight to it though.

• Maybe have a look at the drivers. Sometimes that's a problem with the computer. Are you on macOS?

• @Munibeast said:
    Maybe have a look at the drivers. Sometimes that's a problem with the computer. Are you on macOS?

yeah, mac. what worries me is not even being able to connect to the editor sometimes.

• @vpich said:

@Munibeast said:
    Maybe have a look at the drivers. Sometimes that's a problem with the computer. Are you on macOS?

yeah, mac. what worries me is not even being able to connect to the editor sometimes.

Well if it is any ease - i had many issues connecting to editor with NanoKontrol item.

So this may not be your controller.

Could it be ios update?

Bluetooth settings?

Did you restore factory settings on editor?

• @RustiK said:

@vpich said:

@Munibeast said:

Well if it is any ease - i had many issues connecting to editor with NanoKontrol item.

So this may not be your controller.

Could it be ios update?

Bluetooth settings?

Did you restore factory settings on editor?

Restore factory settings within the editor? No. That worked for you? I've connected successfully various times before. Last time was within the month

• @vpich said:
    have had mine for a few months and have been very happy with it but lately i will have drop off's. battery is fine, swapped it out. will be working and i'll reach for it and nothing. check connection and it says it's connected, disconnect and connect again and it will work, sometimes. connect it to the computer to check on the templates, etc and sometimes it shows up sometimes it doesn't. last night i couldn't connect it to the korg software for the life of me, turned it on and off a dozen times. when connected to the computer it lights up, but doesn't show as connected in the software. this week i was going to buy the nanokontrol studio but this has given me pause. never dropped it, looks and feels new.

You could try powering via USB (from the mac) rather than batteries, might improve things

• @Artefact2001 said:

@vpich said:

You could try powering via USB (from the mac) rather than batteries, might improve things

Yeah maybe. Although the weird thing is that going into Bluetooth sttings in any of the apps it shows as connected when it's not responding. Oh and a few times the keys were working but the knobs weren't.

• mystery 1 solved. manual states that you need to use the supplied usb cable, not any regular usb. this seems to be true. just connected to the editor, turned it off and tried with the extra cable i had used and no go.

• Bad cable then. I remember having had problems connecting to the Mac with some of my USB midi controllers and sometimes the problem was actually a bug in El Capitan or something along those lines. Uninstalling drivers was sometimes necessary or deleting and re-adding the device in the Audio and Midi management app, which had to be done with system language set to English...

• yeah, but that cable works with other stuff... anyhoo

i sussed out a bunch of things. found a korg bluetooth connect app https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bluetooth-midi-connect/id1108321791?mt=8
    that seemed redundant to me but i downloaded it. set up the nanokey studio with different channels for my most used apps outside of gadget. using different channels for each. if i don't boot up gadget, using the midi connect app i can access all apps by selecting the correct scene, without going to that app. so in aum i can tweak model 15 and the jump over to channel 3 (of course) for troublemaker and tweak that, all from aum's main page or even tweak model 15 looking at troublemaker. however if i use gadget it selfishly grabs it and doesn't let me use it this way. even if i disconnect from gadget it connects automatically.

• Have you tried disabling native mode in gadget settings?

• @Munibeast said:
    Have you tried disabling native mode in gadget settings?

no, have not wanted to since i do mostly use gadget and don't want to mess anything else. and for live jams in aum i don't need gadget, and if i need one or two elements i can always link it on my phone. from what i recall gadget forgets midi changes that are made, and zero's out. if it doesn't i could bite the bullet and setup a few templates for my most used gadgets and live without it for the others.