Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MusicJot on sale - $9.99

Just noticed that this new handwriting recognition notation program dropped from its $29.99 sale price (originally $49.99) to $9.99 for Presidents Day.

Seems to be made by two developers, one a programmer and the other a programmer/cellist for the Hampton (Rock) String Quartet.

Comments

• Dammit was definitely not offered at that price for the whole 24h in the Uk store, already back up to £29.

Grr.

• For clarification, there's no AB, IAA, IAP or anything but playback of a GM set. It exports MusicXML, MIDI, and images (via email) but no audio files. I jumped on the $9.99 price, but I'm kind of in awe of handwriting recognition notation apps.

• @bigcatrik said:
    For clarification, there's no AB, IAA, IAP or anything but playback of a GM set. It exports MusicXML, MIDI, and images (via email) but no audio files. I jumped on the $9.99 price, but I'm kind of in awe of handwriting recognition notation apps.

Thank you. :)

It's just that I have yet to find a good way to get my fav way of physical notating ideas from my paper to Planet Pixel, always looking for possibilities to get over this hurdle.

Oh well, maybe next time.

• @decibelle said:
    Dammit was definitely not offered at that price for the whole 24h in the Uk store, already back up to £29.

Grr.

The UK store has been a bit weird recently. I check a sales notification app, and when I click through to the store the sale doesn't seem to exist. This has only been happening for the last week or so, it was fine before that. Apple hates the UK, maybe they've decided we can't have any sales now either.

• Maybe they figured that since so many people petitioned against the US president being allowed a state visit the U.K. wouldn't want a Presidents' Day sale.

• Or maybe they mentioned the sale in the app description, which they did, and never went on sale at all?

• Screenshot I grabbed a few moments ago, 12:37 20 Feb 2017:

• The fact that they dropped it to $9.99 means it might go back down at some point. $29.99 (much less $49.99) seems high for an iOS notation app with handwriting recognition. Kawai Touch is $12 and Notion is $15 plus $8 for the handwriting IAP, though NotateMe is $40.

Oddly, the first bugfix on that list is still happening on my Mini 2. I have to "skip" the opening animations to get past that screen.

• Interesting the number of choices that have come up. I'm pretty stuck on Notion, really like it and how it works. Have not run into any issues so far. Handwriting it decent, but I found that after an initial plunge, I'm mostly not using it.

• MusicJOT is being featured by Apple as "an app we love" on iTunes this week. Pretty big deal. It is priced at $29.99 through March 15, 2017. I work for MusicJOT. I wanted to clear up any confusion about pricing. We had a one day flash sale over President's Day (very common in the US). The app is continually being updated and all updates are free. No hidden costs and no annoying "In-App purchases." We hope you will try it - it's a great new tool for composers.

• Well, welcome to the Audiobus forum! Although it's hosted by the company that makes Audiobus any and all iOS music-making topics are discussed here, but one thing that comes up over and over is that due to the nature of either iOS apps or the people who use them, interoperability is a desirable trait of any app. That's why I mentioned right off about the lack of that stuff in MusicJot because I assumed it would be of interest to this audience, not because it necessarily bothers me.

Anyway, there doesn't seem to be a huge focus on this forum on notation programs but there was a long thread about the challenges of orchestral writing on iOS that may be of interest to you or someone at your company (particularly note the detailed posts by user "MusicInclusive"):
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/17252/orchestral-music-on-ipad/p1