Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anything like Elastic Drums for windows/vst?

I have fallen in love with the sampler in ED. I am curious if there are any groovebox vsts or windows software with similar automation and fx etc.

?

Comments

• edited February 2017

Next level vst would be Nerve, which gets very deeply into playing with the sample wave itself, with all the automation you'd want, and has onboard sequencing...

• Cool Thanks! It has a demo too so I shall give it a whirl first thing tomorrow morn.

• @AudioGus said:

Cool Thanks! It has a demo too so I shall give it a whirl first thing tomorrow morn.

Enjoy. Top three for me would be Nerve, Breaktweaker, Microtonic. Nerve is probably the closest to ED, all three offer next level stuff.

• @Littlewoodg said:

@AudioGus said:

Cool Thanks! It has a demo too so I shall give it a whirl first thing tomorrow morn.

Enjoy. Top three for me would be Nerve, Breaktweaker, Microtonic. Nerve is probably the closest to ED, all three offer next level stuff.

Wow, just checking out videos... Nerve looks amazing...

• In Reaktor 6, you have literally hundreds of drum machines far superior to anything on iOS.

• @soundklinik said:
    In Reaktor 6, you have literally hundreds of drum machines far superior to anything on iOS.

I think I was overwhelmed with the array of options last I looked at it but maybe now that I growed up a bit I should revisit it.

• edited February 2017

@5pinlink said:
    Maschine is the closest, Elastic is sort of my mobile Maschine (No idea who gave the OK to iMaschine at NI, it is a joke compared to the desktop)

You can use Maschine without the hardware?

Oh i see, elastic is your mobile Maschine. yah I need something for the laptop, so still mobile-y.

• edited February 2017

@Littlewoodg said:

@AudioGus said:

Played around with Nerve a bit. It seems very powerful for dance music / quick grooves / fine-tuning sounds etc. I do wish I could automate more organically though, particularly pitch. I like how ED is not confined to 16 steps for automation. I am more into 'walls are melting' doppler pitch craziness which Elastic does great but just wish I could have stereo samples and higher sound quality overall.

• edited February 2017

@AudioGus said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@AudioGus said:

Played around with Nerve a bit. It seems very powerful for dance music / quick grooves / fine-tuning sounds etc. I do wish I could automate more organically though, particularly pitch. I like how ED is not confined to 16 steps for automation. I am more into 'walls are melting' doppler pitch craziness which Elastic does great but just wish I could have stereo samples and higher sound quality overall.

I think I see what you're getting at, maybe take a look at this write up on Ask Audio about Breaktweaker https://ask.audio/articles/5-essential-tips-for-izotope-breaktweaker

The pitch automation possibilities are detailed, (among other serious craziness) automation is definitely not limited to 16 steps. Breaktweaker is nuts.
    I get why you'd want what you're after...ED is special. Kind of unbelievably, it is the devs first attempt at an app. He should set his sights on vst and go for broke.

• @Littlewoodg said:

@AudioGus said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@AudioGus said:

I think I see what you're getting at, maybe take a look at this write up on Ask Audio about Breaktweaker https://ask.audio/articles/5-essential-tips-for-izotope-breaktweaker

The pitch automation possibilities are detailed, (among other serious craziness) automation is definitely not limited to 16 steps. Breaktweaker is nuts.
    I get why you'd want what you're after...ED is special. Kind of unbelievably, it is the devs first attempt at an app. He should set his sights on vst and go for broke.

Thanks for the Breakwater article! Looks like a real powerhouse... I do love Tipper-esque micro edits. Will have to give the demo a try. If it were half the price I would probably be in yesterday. I am very curious what the pitch/fx/automation potential on the MPC Live will be. I know it won't be remotely as hard core as something like Breakwater for glitch, but for the price, well a boys gotta budget.

I may just have to hold off for a tiny bit given that an ED VST kicky may be in the works. :heart:

• OMG I NEED THIS TO HAPPEN. i'd instapledge 20$ immediately to the kickstarter.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    OMG I NEED THIS TO HAPPEN. i'd instapledge 20$ immediately to the kickstarter.

I would be on board for sure for 20-40€ as early adopter.
    I´m not on facebook, so i hope the developer see this thread here too.

• @Cib said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:
    OMG I NEED THIS TO HAPPEN. i'd instapledge 20$ immediately to the kickstarter.

I would be on board for sure for 20-40€ as early adopter.
    I´m not on facebook, so i hope the developer see this thread here too.

Same here!

• If it goes ahead (hopefully it will) iOS beta testers will have first early bird options

• ^ I think €100 maybe a bit high (initially) but I see no reason why this wouldn't be as successful as something like Sonic Charge Microtonic. It could be scaled pricing with launch offers, and price increases on updates, as with the iOS versions

• @5pinlink said:
    100 euros as a VST, this has no chance at all, there are much better synths for less, and better sequencers too, he should stick to being a big fish in a small pond, VST land could easily kill this completely.

I would imagine that a VST version would be more expansive than it's iOS counterpart.

• @5pinlink said:
    Maschine is the closest, Elastic is sort of my mobile Maschine (No idea who gave the OK to iMaschine at NI, it is a joke compared to the desktop)

Maschine was the first thing that sprung to mind but a little but a bit more than a vst. Yeah you can use it without the hardware but i always have the hardware connected, kinda defeats the objective otherwise.

• Geist is the other vst that springs to mind, a lot was added to two with stuff taken from Tremor but i mainly stick to Maschine these days. What kinda workflow do you want? Happy with m&k and keyboard or want something with a bit of hands on control?

• edited February 2017

@5pinlink said:
    It still wouldn't stand up, similar pricevbracket as nerve and so on, it would struggle in the VST world.

As a straight up port with no frills, I agree that 100 Euros would be too much. A tweaked out VST version though could take many forms. I can't really judge without knowing.

As for the break even point on the project it can simply be factored into the Kickstarter. No need to sweat sales after the campaign in that scenario. I know people who do Kickstarters that way where sales after the fact are gravy.

I would certainly pay 20-40 euros for vst with stereo samples and better sound quality. I probably wouldn't pay 100, if that is all it was... well maybe, but I wouldn't need to either.

• @AudioGus It's interesting that the Facebook post appeared within hours of your original post

• @Littlewoodg said:
    @AudioGus It's interesting that the Facebook post appeared within hours of your original post

That was totaly weird. ( I assure you that I am in no way affiliated with Elastic Drums Corporation)

• edited February 2017

Apart from IL Drumaxx and NI Maschine for their great drum synthesis features, I would recommend to have a look at the Arturia Spark VSTi. It does samples, FX and even modular synthesis, and for drums it's really powerful. You can do some simple melodic stuff to. Got a Spark LE controller for cheap, I like that it's small enough to just put it on top of my keyboard, but it's not mandatory for using the VSTi.

• @5pinlink said:

@AudioGus said:

@5pinlink said:
    It still wouldn't stand up, similar pricevbracket as nerve and so on, it would struggle in the VST world.

As a straight up port with no frills, I agree that 100 Euros would be too much. A tweaked out VST version though could take many forms. I can't really judge without knowing.

As for the break even point on the project it can simply be factored into the Kickstarter. No need to sweat sales after the campaign in that scenario. I know people who do Kickstarters that way where sales after the fact are gravy.

I would certainly pay 20-40 euros for vst with stereo samples and better sound quality. I probably wouldn't pay 100, if that is all it was... well maybe, but I wouldn't need to either.

And he would be stepping in to a world of pain, the problem with going from IOS to VST is that the people who bought the IOS device will not stand for the desktop getting too many extras, users on IOS want a lot for a little, it could easily destroy his reputation.

Show me someone without a life of pain and I will show you a corpse.

• @rs2000 said:
    Apart from IL Drumaxx and NI Maschine for their great drum synthesis features, I would recommend to have a look at the Arturia Spark VSTi. It does samples, FX and even modular synthesis, and for drums it's really powerful. You can do some simple melodic stuff to. Got a Spark LE controller for cheap, I like that it's small enough to just put it on top of my keyboard, but it's not mandatory for using the VSTi.

I nutshell am looking for something that does internal sequencing of samples with chromatic and non chromatic pitch simultaneously with fine degress of automation, as in not limited to coarse steps.

• @AudioGus said:

@rs2000 said:

I nutshell am looking for something that does internal sequencing of samples with chromatic and non chromatic pitch simultaneously with fine degress of automation, as in not limited to coarse steps.

Might check out StepLocker, I use it, can't say if it'll meet all your needs, but it's stable and a good price anyway. Here's basic overview:

StepLocker is a hybrid sequencing and modulation device for Ableton Live (Max for Live) based on the concept of parameter locking, whereby each sequencer step can be associated with settings of any parameters in Live. (Up to 10 parameters can be locked to each step)

Its work-flow is extremely simple: choose one or more target steps, click on a parameter in Live, set its modulation value and lock it to the step. You can do this for any parameter, in any device, in any track of Live, all from the same StepLocker.

On top of this you have the classic step sequencer features to play with, including post-locking detailed editing, playback and value randomization, step length and step count, value interpolation

• @Ocsprey said:

@AudioGus said:

@rs2000 said:

Might check out StepLocker, I use it, can't say if it'll meet all your needs, but it's stable and a good price anyway. Here's basic overview:

StepLocker is a hybrid sequencing and modulation device for Ableton Live (Max for Live) based on the concept of parameter locking, whereby each sequencer step can be associated with settings of any parameters in Live. (Up to 10 parameters can be locked to each step)

Its work-flow is extremely simple: choose one or more target steps, click on a parameter in Live, set its modulation value and lock it to the step. You can do this for any parameter, in any device, in any track of Live, all from the same StepLocker.

On top of this you have the classic step sequencer features to play with, including post-locking detailed editing, playback and value randomization, step length and step count, value interpolation![]

very interesting indeed! will check this out for sure... Thanks!

• @AudioGus said:

@Ocsprey said:

@AudioGus said:

@rs2000 said:

On top of this you have the classic step sequencer features to play with, including post-locking detailed editing, playback and value randomization, step length and step count, value interpolation![]

very interesting indeed! will check this out for sure... Thanks!

Cool, have to say I'm a fan of his devices, Morph is also great (coupled w/ StepLocker real fun), and the Isomorphic Controller if you happen to have a launchpad/Pro.

Totally forgot to mention Hy-Plugins. He's got great variety of sequencers, he updates very frequently, also very inexpensive: http://hyakken.moo.jp/WordPress/plugins/patch/sequencer/