Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is Waldorf Attack Drum working on iOS 10?

I read in iTunes store that some users had problem with iOS 9. I am considering buying it despite the steep price, but I want to make sure first that it can run on iOS 10.2.1

Thanks whoever you are for letting me know :)

Comments

• Beginning positively , yes it can run on 10.
    but whilst the release bugs were fixed , I believe there may still be midi sync issues
    & definitely there are features which are yet to be implemented , such as automation
    ( realtime record or programmed ) or external controller midilearn .

Whilst Waldorf CEO made lots of promises about these additional midi updates on FB Ipad Musician Group , like many things Waldorf they are yet to materialize over a year later , & the original inhouse software dev has long since left the building I read .

Even if everything promised was implemented , the pattern sequencer would still be a pita to work with .
    Only 16 steps per pattern , with over fiddly step editing ( see right column of photo).
    I would only recommend this for the drum synth , to sequence externally as best you can , or to synthesize your drumsound & sample the results into another app.

Although Attack's graphics are far nicer to look at, for better sequencer functionality I would suggest its sibling Stroke Machine , with an almost identical synth engine at least the sequencer has realtime automation , though no editing , or Song Mode .

I don't like being so negative , & I'm a fan of Waldorf using a few of their synths ,
    but so often their great products are let down by their software maintainence .

• So close this one.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    So close this one.

The deeper the frustration ...

(

• Just did a sweep on my mini2 this morning and Attack didn't make the cut. DM2 has Link so I get my fix there.

• @Philippe P.s my recommendation of Stroke Machine instead is assuming the drum synthesis is important to you . In terms of overall best drum machine , for deep sequencer & sample manipulation with some synth options I would recommend iSpark .

• So, are we considering Attack very likely abandonated?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    So, are we considering Attack very likely abandonated?

I would say so. I would love Waldorf to prove me wrong.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    So, are we considering Attack very likely abandonated?

Gee, I hope not :/

• Yep I agree to go for Stroke machine which has similar toolset but is more finished. I still sometimes use it as a drum module and it sounds great but being able to control it via midi is a big missing feature for me. It's pretty stable but does occasionally fall out of AUM.

But I think it's down to the problem of medium size companies and iOS apps. The return Is not so great. Individuals can do well and small teams. Large companies like Korg can do well. I I think Waldorf are having a problem spending more time on it. I'm sure they'll eventually update it out of the blue.

• Thanks everyone! All this reminds me to stop "investing" in ios apps. No matter what they cost or who makes them, it seems that one day or another it'll become abandonedware.

• wrong conclusion .
    even if an app becomes abandoned , if it gave a few years of use ,
    at IOS prices it is worth it , especially if it aided your creativity .

some apps are " never finished -ware " though .
    my conclusion is buy an app for what you know it can do already ,
    & dont believe the devs promises of future implementations .

I'm disappointed promised modular aspect of iSpark has never arrived ,
    but it is still a well functioning & useable machine for what it can do now .

• @Wally said:
    wrong conclusion .

Overall I agree with this as a sensible mindset, a sort of 'future self caveat emptor'. There is an emotional component/investment (beyond any money) to all this which some first year psych student could probably get a cheap paper out of....

• edited February 2017

@Wally said:
    wrong conclusion .

>

Yah, in some cases "never finished -ware" is a good thing (seemingly eternal cool updates) but in the case of Attack it made it to the starting line and then just stumbled into the trees, not even completing a single lap. The worst was at one point the manual refering to IAA functionality clearly not even implimented in the app. It could have been sweet and I really think what would still save it for me, that would possibly not even be a headache to implement, would be Ableton Link. The problem is so much good will and momentum was lost with a terrible initial release they probably just want to hide it in the cellar forever.

• @Philippe said:
    Thanks everyone! All this reminds me to stop "investing" in ios apps. No matter what they cost or who makes them, it seems that one day or another it'll become abandonedware.

It reminds me that an app won't get attention just because a big name is behind it.

This is another reason I like to support the better indie developers.

Sure, there have been a few disappointments from both big and small devs, but I can't say I've ever felt screwed.

• @AudioGus yes I meant to come back & make the distinction between promises of future features & promises that they'd just get current version working as advertised on release.

Attack manual describes functionality that doesnt exist e.g iaa /automation ,
    whereas I should clarify that the iSpark modular "promise" was a hope expressed informally on this forum by the freelance contracted dev , not the company .

• Korg do the same with Odyssei, i.e. referring to non existing MIDI sync in the manual. No reaction/reply from Korg anywhere, even though the issue has been raised since day one of the release, not only here, but on their own forum as well. One can of course still hope...

• @DeVlaeminck said:
    Korg do the same with Odyssei, i.e. referring to non existing MIDI sync in the manual. No reaction/reply from Korg anywhere, even though the issue has been raised since day one of the release, not only here, but on their own forum as well. One can of course still hope...

I am one of those dorks who often download and reads the manual before buying. :)

• @Wally said:
    wrong conclusion .

You speak for yourself,

Personnaly, when I buy a tool to put in my toolbox, I expect it to be there whenever I need it, otherwise I wouldn't spent a dime on such thing.
    Nobody should expect an expiration date on code. Thinking so would mean being completely brainwashed by the programmed obsolescence culture pathetic greedy business geniuses are pushing, blindly bringing this world into the pit their digging.

• @AudioGus said:

@DeVlaeminck said:
    Korg do the same with Odyssei, i.e. referring to non existing MIDI sync in the manual. No reaction/reply from Korg anywhere, even though the issue has been raised since day one of the release, not only here, but on their own forum as well. One can of course still hope...

I am one of those dorks who often download and reads the manual before buying. :)

Yes, me too. So we're basically being conned. Shame on you, Korg.

• “‘Tis impossible to be sure of any thing but Death and Taxes." -- Christopher Bullock (1716)

• @telecharge said:
    “‘Tis impossible to be sure of any thing but Death and Taxes." -- Christopher Bullock (1716)

"Oh, sure. It's just like driving a really big Pinto." - Sandra Bullock (1994)

• @TheVimFuego said:
    "Oh, sure. It's just like driving a really big Pinto." - Sandra Bullock (1994)