Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Something like EHX2880 but for iOS?

Ok, I want something that gets me close to EHX2880 or RC505 on iOS but possibly with more control like slice sequencing. What gets me close, only Samplr? Anything else?

Comments

• edited February 2017

Have you seen Quantiloop? Maybe that comes closest? No slice sequencing, though.

• Quantiloop is the closest to a hardware looper experience in my opinion, but no slicing, thatd be sick tho!

• whoa Quantiloop looks awesome!! never seen it before.

does it do the thing where you can slow down the tempo of loop and make pitch gradually descend?

• @cl516 said:
    whoa Quantiloop looks awesome!! never seen it before.

does it do the thing where you can slow down the tempo of loop and make pitch gradually descend?

Do you mean oike the rc505 vinyl effect?

• The RC505 vinyl effect was kinda cool, but in fact I'm just thinking more traditional, "slowing down the loop to make it transpose lower" type effect, like in many delay feedback for example. Can Quantiloop manipulate the pitch once the audio is in loop buffer?

• Yup, it has Transpose built in as both an input and track effect

• @Gaia.Tree Locked to semitones, or smooth? thx

• @cl516 said:
    @Gaia.Tree Locked to semitones, or smooth? thx

Locked to semitones i do believe, here is the edit window

• edited February 2017

As your can see i have Voicerack FX and Caramel as input fx and Turnado on my track fx. If you get a basic pads and knobs midi controller this becomes a kind of hardware experience, i have all the loopers functions mapped to my lpd8 pads and Turnados knobs mapped to the 8 knobs on the lpd8

• I see. thanksvery much @Gaia.Tree

• Check out Loopersonic, too. Not quite like a looping pedal, but very powerful and easy to use.

• If you want to look at all the loopers, look at Loopy HD and GrouptheLoop in addition to those noted above. For slicing, you have to go in a different direction on iOS, because... well, it's just the way it is. Check out Blocs Wave if you want to slice/sequence in a very prescriptive way (and can deal with set slice markers). I am personally in love with ReSlice right now because it has flexible slice markers and a kick-ass arp. There is the almighty Samplr as you have already mentioned.

• @cl516 said:
    The RC505 vinyl effect was kinda cool, but in fact I'm just thinking more traditional, "slowing down the loop to make it transpose lower" type effect, like in many delay feedback for example. Can Quantiloop manipulate the pitch once the audio is in loop buffer?

Would you mean 'Varispeed', simular to what the infinity looper does. Expression Pedal adjust the speed which also results in a pitch change ?

BTW. Half speed and Double speed (with pitch change) are coming soon

• Group the Loop is somewhat special in that you can set the tempo freely afterwards, and choose between time stretching or old-school pitch shifting.
    It supports both Audiobus and IAA, and especially Ableton Link, which is very handy.
    It's good for spontaneously arranging songs by building of loop groups and use these as building blocks, but unfortunately no slice support afaik.
    For slicing, I'd prefer Blocs Wave anyway, and you could sync both over Ableton Link.
    Hey, maybe Blocs Wave would already do it all for you?

• Thanks for all the great suggestions folks, time for me to get down and play with these in depth