Create your custom midi controller ? Get OpenDeck !

The dev said it couldn't test on IOS nor Android cos he doesn't own these devices, but according to him, it should work... :)
https://shanteacontrols.wordpress.com/

Comments

  • 16 Comments sorted by Date Votes
  • Well, if it's not in the Apple store, it doesn't work on iOS. Or at least, there's no way to tell.

  • @crony said:
    The dev said it couldn't test on IOS nor Android cos he doesn't own these devices, but according to him, it should work... :)
    https://shanteacontrols.wordpress.com/

    If it is class compliant, sure. If not you can plug it via midi din to any midi2usb converters (class compliant one of course) and that's it. The configuration tool for Chrome on iOS wil be different question but you can configure it in any windows machine and that's it.

    What do you need to test? Just search for class compliant in their documentation (or ask him directly) ;)

  • edited February 2017 Vote Up0

    From the link...

    Microcontroller

    The brain of OpenDeck board is same microcontroller used in Arduino Leonardo and Teensy 2.0 – Atmel ATmega 32u4. That little microcontroller has USB hardware built right into the chip which allows your computer to recognize it as generic MIDI device, so that there are no drivers required on any major platform (Linux, Mac OS X, Windows).

    It should work without problem.

  • edited February 2017 Vote Up0

    @Dubbylabby Yep, I know, I didn't made myself clear, the developer said it didn't test with a CCK+IOS, but as it class compliant, it should indeed work.
    But it hasn't been tested properly....

  • Igor here, creator of OpenDeck.

    Yes, OpenDeck works on iOS and Android. I have tested it. ;) No additional software is necessary.

  • hi @paradajz
    i've just had a look at you site. really interesting what you've made. i haven't got very far coding with my nano-really don't think i've got the brains for it lol.
    so.. would it be possible in have more analogue inputs? would using multiplexers mess up configuration of the board in relation to the software you've designed? i'd really like to make a launchpad like novation's but with better velocity. 32 inputs is a lot more than my nano ()think it's got 8) but the ideal would be 4 octaves +. shift registers aren't very easy tho

  • @mrcanister said:
    so.. would it be possible in have more analogue inputs?

    Are you talking about Arduino board? Well, OpenDeck software is written for those boards to use only integrated stuff already present. This is to make it as easy as possible to use OpenDeck. On the other hand, I can write custom firmware for you (or anyone) for those boards. Say, you want to buy OpenDeck software for Arduino, that is 20€, and you also want support for some of your peripherals (maybe few multiplexers, maybe few shift registers). That's another 10€, or 20€, or more, depending on complexity.

  • @paradajz
    really. yeah, that sounds very appealing.
    ok, i'll have a think as to what it is that i'd like. i'll pm you when i've got me head on straight, if that's ok,
    thanks for the reply.

  • @paradajz said:

    @mrcanister said:
    so.. would it be possible in have more analogue inputs?

    Are you talking about Arduino board? Well, OpenDeck software is written for those boards to use only integrated stuff already present. This is to make it as easy as possible to use OpenDeck. On the other hand, I can write custom firmware for you (or anyone) for those boards. Say, you want to buy OpenDeck software for Arduino, that is 20€, and you also want support for some of your peripherals (maybe few multiplexers, maybe few shift registers). That's another 10€, or 20€, or more, depending on complexity.

    You read my mind. I need to organize my priorities and send you a mail for some business Igor.
    I never will thank you enough all the amazing work you have done. :heart:

  • Love the concept, but for what it would cost to build one of these I could buy four or five Korg nanos.

  • @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Love the concept, but for what it would cost to build one of these I could buy four or five Korg nanos.

    Which didn’t cover all the possibilities of Openddeck being the most powerful encoders for djing applications (giving its name to the platform).
    Different things, different purpose.

  • @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Love the concept, but for what it would cost to build one of these I could buy four or five Korg nanos.

    ...which has nothing in common with OpenDeck really. ;)

  • So I wrote about new features in a blog post:
    https://shanteacontrols.com/2018/02/02/new-opendeck-features-in-v1-5-0/

    NRPN, real-time messages, more configuration abilities, better Arduino support and more!

  • edited February 22 Vote Up2

    OpenDeck now supports virtually any I2C capable LCD/OLED display!

    There's couple of demo videos over at facebook.com/shanteacontrols

  • For anyone that's interested, you can get OpenDeck on Tindie now:
    https://www.tindie.com/products/paradajz/opendeck-diy-midi-platform/

Sign In or Register to comment.