Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone using Aftertouch? App inspired my Soundplane and Linnstrument.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/aftertouch-3d-midi-controller/id1133701231?mt=8

Stumbled across this yesterday but not seen anything about it previously, uses 3D touch technology and works over bluetooth so you can use your iphone as a midi controller over BT i think which would be awesome to jam with synths on the iPad but how is it in use, anyone got it?

Comments

• edited February 2017

I use it since a while and it's not bad. I like that i can create a custom curve for the aftertouch pressure.
    So while the aftertouch via 3D touch works great, the velocity response is far far away from my Seaboard Rise f.e.
    But for a dollar it's a great little midi controller.
    However, i'm more a friend of a piano layout and just wished the damn Roli Noize app (the old one) had midi out!
    Also the lack of tactile feedback will never please me.

• This is an interesting app with some similarities with Geoshred. For example, it supports MPE. The 3d really bring something interesting for vibrato or some effects. For velocity control, it is not optimal, you will of course not have the same feeling as with a keyboard. Anyway, for the price and the innovative concept, it is a very good purchase and I already spent some hours playing on my iphone7 driving my ipad via midi Bluetooth...

• @Cib Cool, been looking for an app to turn my iphone into a controller i can use with the iPad. It's £2.99 now though and i can only find one 1 minute video online which is surprising considering what the app offers.

@cuscolima Yeah MPE is why i'm interested, i'll probably pick it up when i have get some itunes credits. Can you just send cc data with it or does it always sned note on/off data?

• Also try Orphinio. Just had a go with Animoog for iPhone and it seemed to fit the bill.

• @Jocphone nice, does it work over bluetooth?

• @musikmachine said:
    @Jocphone nice, does it work over bluetooth?

Ah, glossed over that bit of your requirement. I don't think it does or if it does I'm not sure I could work out how to do it. I was using orphinio and Animoog on the same device. No idea how to make iPhone and iPad talk to each other.

• @musikmachine said:
    @Cib Cool, been looking for an app to turn my iphone into a controller i can use with the iPad. It's £2.99 now though and i can only find one 1 minute video online which is surprising considering what the app offers.

@cuscolima Yeah MPE is why i'm interested, i'll probably pick it up when i have get some itunes credits. Can you just send cc data with it or does it always sned note on/off data?

No, you cannot just send the cc data. The note is always sent (as far as I have seen).

• Thanks! Is MPE for the iphone 6 only or does it work with the SE?

• @musikmachine checked out AC Sabre? Can control iPad over Bluetooth too I believe: AC Sabre MIDI Instrument & Motion Controller by Air Craft
    https://appsto.re/us/xLP79.i

• @musikmachine said:
    Thanks! Is MPE for the iphone 6 only or does it work with the SE?

As far as I understand it, MPE is based on MIDI standard and you don't need an advanced technologies to make it work. So yes, I assume that it will work on your SE. On my IPad4, I can make it works without problem.
    The more I use Aftertouch, the more I like it. I would like to have this 3d pressure controle on Geoshred, this would be even better...but again, for the price this is a no brainer

• @musikmachine said:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/aftertouch-3d-midi-controller/id1133701231?mt=8

Stumbled across this yesterday but not seen anything about it previously, uses 3D touch technology and works over bluetooth so you can use your iphone as a midi controller over BT i think which would be awesome to jam with synths on the iPad but how is it in use, anyone got it?

HAVE IT YES

USE IT NO

ISSUES CONNECTING THE WAY I WANTED

• SABRE

SABRE

SABRE

really fun app

• @RustiK said:
    SABRE

SABRE

SABRE

really fun app

Sabre is cool but doesn't support MPE and 3d pressure, maybe in a further update.

• @skiphunt no but looks like a heap of fun! the blurb says it goes beyond MPE so will look into that.

@cuscolima thanks, i got the impression MPE was iPhone 6 technology.

@Rustik what are the issues?

Re Saber even though it doesn't have MPE looks like you can achieve similar results via physical motion? That looks great for a live performance setup. :)