Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

General midi AU app

Hi, is there any app with full general midi and AU support? I wonder why bs-16i does not support AU :-(

Comments

• To my knowledge the most accurate GM/GS 'sound-module' is the Roland SoundCanvas for iOS.
    It works pretty well as an IAA-Generator and can easily be fed with multiple midi-channels from any host.

I did send a request to Roland long time ago regarding AUv3 support but it feels like it went straight to the vertical basket (ie. trash) since there has been no reply what so ever, not even an automated reply...

• @Samu said:
    To my knowledge the most accurate GM/GS 'sound-module' is the Roland SoundCanvas for iOS.
    It works pretty well as an IAA-Generator and can easily be fed with multiple midi-channels from any host.

I did send a request to Roland long time ago regarding AUv3 support but it feels like it went straight to the vertical basket (ie. trash) since there has been no reply what so ever, not even an automated reply...

Yep! I know that feeling with Roland. They do the same to me also. :(

• @Samu said:
    To my knowledge the most accurate GM/GS 'sound-module' is the Roland SoundCanvas for iOS.

I doubt anyone can reach somebody inside Roland that's remotely connected to the development of sound canvas. most requests probably go unread. Maybe only the Japanese customers have that possibility?. Thats probably where the app it's being developed, in fact most advertising for the app was Japanese only for a really long time. (To this day There's no mention of it on Roland's site for my region and it's absent as well in several others, even if I can buy it on the AppStore)

• i know multitrackstudio has gm midi support. so you can compose and use gm midi instruments. never tried the ios version though, since there is no demo for it, but on pc it works well, and it has AU support.. unless you meant having a AU app thats gm midi based. i would love one like that. or just a gm midi sequencer for that matter.

http://www.multitrackstudio.com/ipad.php

• @ecstaticax said:
    Hi, is there any app with full general midi and AU support? I wonder why bs-16i does not support AU :-(

I cant say why it doesn't but can say that the Dev had no plans for an au version/update as of about a month ago. But he was at least courteous enough to reply.

• If AU is a kind of VST on iOS, I was asking if there's an app similar to Halion. I already own Cubasis, Auria Pro and Multitrack. On Auria and Multitrack I can load many samples, but I would like a specific app like SampleTank or bs-16i with AU. Thanks for replies.

• If you're looking for an AUx, there's one into Modstep, but, I never use Modstep as AUx,, because of stability issues. Maybe something to try again that my set is stable now...
    Gadget have also an adon, can't remember which one is it.
    Beat Maker 3 would be ok also, even if it's not a standalone app...
    Then Loopy Masterpiece might be also fantastic, will see...
    But unfortunately, no Halion like on IOS, don't understand why...

• Gadget as AU??? :o :o :o