Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What other old apps want out of retirement?

Arctic and Cube are like 2 really cool surprises.

What would make you stoked to see return fresh with updates?

Comments

• Sinevibes Sequential for iPad.

I emailed the dev regarding an update , requesting Audioshare import, support for 24bit wav files, and Ableton Link.

Their reply:
    We absolutely agree with your request. In the last 1.5 years, we have been focused on DSP development (including working with several other major software companies) and this unfortunately completely took our focus off iOS.

But the main reason why we haven’t pushed Sequential for iPad further is that its sample playback engine was not designed for much advanced things such as variable playback speed (which is a must for MIDI or Ableton Link sync). And everything, including the hard timing lock with the sequencer and the recorder, is so rock solid that we were just afraid to touch anything :-)

We badly want to revisit this platform - 2017 looks like a clean sheet so far and we do hope that this happens! And we do have a few things on the to-do list of Sequential, including new effect tracks...

Artemiy, Sinevibes

• @gsm909 said:
    Sinevibes Sequential for iPad.

I emailed the dev regarding an update , requesting Audioshare import, support for 24bit wav files, and Ableton Link.

Their reply:
    We absolutely agree with your request. In the last 1.5 years, we have been focused on DSP development (including working with several other major software companies) and this unfortunately completely took our focus off iOS.

But the main reason why we haven’t pushed Sequential for iPad further is that its sample playback engine was not designed for much advanced things such as variable playback speed (which is a must for MIDI or Ableton Link sync). And everything, including the hard timing lock with the sequencer and the recorder, is so rock solid that we were just afraid to touch anything :-)

We badly want to revisit this platform - 2017 looks like a clean sheet so far and we do hope that this happens! And we do have a few things on the to-do list of Sequential, including new effect tracks...

Artemiy, Sinevibes

Very Cool.

My only reply I got that looked promising was ..............drum roll.................

TURQUOISE!

Yep, dev said he would be down with an update to it.

I will be honest I don't know what Sinevibes was for some reason.

Back then I had a few apps and used them all the time.

Then I got all apps and used none of them enough to do anything worthwhile.

Over the last year I navigated back to a base group of 10 apps that I really don't deviate from.

Launchpad and Animoog till this day used 100% of the time for me.

• iSequence
    Energy NXT

• Rebirth
    Thor
    Sunrizer
    iMS-20

• @Littlewoodg said:
    iSequence
    Energy NXT

Hell Yeah!

• @DeVlaeminck said:
    Rebirth
    Thor
    Sunrizer
    iMS-20

Hell Yeah in slightly more baritone voice...............

• Hopefully Korg will update all their older apps, it would be surprising if they were to let them ALL slide in the shuffle for ios11 and 64bit. I would miss iMS-20 but not as much as iPolysix which I think sounds awesome, and has some fantastic automation/modulation options.

• Alchemy. this time I will buy all the packs, promise!

• @gsm909 said:
    Hopefully Korg will update all their older apps, it would be surprising if they were to let them ALL slide in the shuffle for ios11 and 64bit. I would miss iMS-20 but not as much as iPolysix which I think sounds awesome, and has some fantastic automation/modulation options.

I just want them to add them to gadget. heck. add all the automation and modulation to gadget itself.

• I just read on twitter, the dev from Samplr is working on an update.

Hallelujah :)

• For starters some apps on the wish-list in no praticular order.

iSEM ( 'speed it up' it takes ages to load).
    Roland Soundcanvas for iOS (AUv3)
    SquareSynth (AUv3)
    Phase84 (AUv3)
    Casio CZ (AUv3)
    Boom 808/909 (Link & AUv3 please).
    Nanologue (AUv3)
    FM4 (AUv3)

An well, 'IceGear' could get the apps on the AUv3-Buss like yesterday.

As for Korg they could show some love for the older apps and maybe even integrate them into Gadget...

• @Proto said:
    I just read on twitter, the dev from Samplr is working on an update.

MMMmmmm... Link link link link

• SynthX, WOPR, BitWiz, any of the Holderness Media or Kymatica effect apps.

• @AudioGus said:

@Proto said:

I think he also adds Link support.

• It'll never happen, but I loved Dr. Ohm and Noisemusick. They fell off the 'bus and the dev collective behind them bailed back on iOS 8 or so.

Back in the real world, I hope Oscilab and BeatHawk make the cut. Oh, and JamUp Pro - still my go to amp sim :smile:

• edited February 2017

@InfoCheck said:
    SynthX, WOPR, BitWiz, any of the Holderness Media or Kymatica effect apps.

Speaking about Kymatica, I some times wondering what's happening from mr J. Liljedahl?
    What it he working on just now? After the big success AUM it's been more and more quiet from him...

@j_liljedahl , tell us?

• Stochastik
    Jr hexatone
    Vosis
    Konkreet performer

• Since we're doing a wishlist, I too would vote Alchemy.

• boom 808
    funk box
    Rebirth ...
    never understood why rebirth was abandoned its sooo feature loaded.

• @Proto said:

@AudioGus said:

@Proto said:

I think he also adds Link support.

:heart:

• edited February 2017

@Littlewoodg said:
    iSequence
    Energy NXT

Energy NXT ? Are you sure you didn't mean Electrify NXT?
    I agree with iSequence
    Would like to vote also for Sunrizer and add Pro Keys to the list

• @Arpseechord said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    iSequence
    Energy NXT

Energy NXT ? Are you sure you didn't mean Electrify NXT?
    I agree with iSequence
    Would like to add Sunrizer and ProKeys to the list

I triple agree on iSequence HD. Good sounds on this one.

• edited February 2017

Beatsurfing by Hermutt Lobby. I reached out 3 months ago for some bug fixes, and received an email the other day from a marketing guy i guess. Said sorry it took long and that he'll forward my concern to Mr. Lobby. He mentioned he's been busy with the playground app, and that i should check it out. I already knew about playground and it doesn't seem up my alley. But i do know Mr. Lobby gigs as well, and always tinkers around to make something new, then moves on. I vaguely remember he once made a cool video game controller, or something like that. All the power to him.

• @Sbee said:
    z3ta

uuuuuuuhhhhhh yyiiisssssss

• @eustressor said:
    It'll never happen, but I loved Dr. Ohm and Noisemusick. They fell off the 'bus and the dev collective behind them bailed back on iOS 8 or so.

Back in the real world, I hope Oscilab and BeatHawk make the cut. Oh, and JamUp Pro - still my go to amp sim :smile:

I still use them on iPad/iPhone into the other iPad.

As a suitable sub like Logique Analogic (misspelled)

• @gsm909 said:
    Hopefully Korg will update all their older apps, it would be surprising if they were to let them ALL slide in the shuffle for ios11 and 64bit. I would miss iMS-20 but not as much as iPolysix which I think sounds awesome, and has some fantastic automation/modulation options.

Right

Poly and IMS are so eager to join back into the party.........................

• ikaossilator has gone close to 3 years since the first and only sound pack was released. Somewhere an ancient god of kaoss is weeping.

• edited February 2017

Synthecaster
    Phawuo
    I am Synth