Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Line 6 Amplifi 30 demo

Hey guys. I got this baby a while ago but never got the time to fully test it.

Here's what I discovered connecting it to the iPad.
Ios sees one stereo input BUT whatever you connect to that amp goes to the iPad through that stereo input. Including sampling your iPhone connected via Bluetooth to the amp. It's awesome.

And in this case I've recorded the video with the camera and the sound as a track in GB. So GB was receiving a master mix from the amp (guitar + the Bluetooth stream from the iPhone. )

Awesome piece of kit.

Comments

• Yes, I also have an Amplfi 30. Indeed it is a great bit of kit. I can both monitor and record my guitar into Cubasis on one iPad (using the USB audio out into iPad via CCK and a cable from headphone jack of iPad into aux in on the Amplifi) and connect to the Amplifi app on another iPad via Bluetooth to access the wonderful tones that are available.

My recent cover of The Beatles instrumental Cry for a Shadow (over in the Cover of the Month Feb 2017 thread) was recorded like that.

• Forgot to mention it sounds really nice as a Bluetooth speaker. And it's quite easy to move it around the house.

• I've got the Amplifi TT and have found it to be a really nice easy to use piece of kit. And the included ios/android app for preset editing/saving/sharing is pretty good too.

• How's the latency when connecting an iPhone via Bluetooth?

• well... it's Bluetooth latency. I don't play live shit through that input. I use it to sample only. It does have a regular line in if you want cables.

• edited February 2017

@lukesleepwalker said:
    How's the latency when connecting an iPhone via Bluetooth?

When using bluetooth you use it for preset programming or for streaming audio to the Amplify, and then play along to that audio through the Amplifii itself so there is no latency at all in terms of the guitar signal.

Getting audio out of the Amplifii into the iPhone/iPad is done via USB or via the line outputs and an audio interface.

• @AndyPlankton said:
    I've got the Amplifi TT and have found it to be a really nice easy to use piece of kit. And the included ios/android app for preset editing/saving/sharing is pretty good too.

It's bad enough coming to this forum and getting tempted into buying apps, hardware is going to start getting painful (In other words, I like the look of that)

• @Jocphone said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    I've got the Amplifi TT and have found it to be a really nice easy to use piece of kit. And the included ios/android app for preset editing/saving/sharing is pretty good too.

It's bad enough coming to this forum and getting tempted into buying apps, hardware is going to start getting painful (In other words, I like the look of that)

I got mine as a christmas present along with the foot controller. It really does simplify the whole process of playing guitar along with iOS (or indeed any computer based audio). You can also use it as a stand alone unit if you don't want to play along with anything.
    You literally plug in, pick your sound and go.....just use it as the input to your preferred recording app if you want to record.

I know that none of this will be helping your potential future bank balance, and for that I apologise...

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Jocphone said:

@AndyPlankton said:

I got mine as a christmas present along with the foot controller. It really does simplify the whole process of playing guitar along with iOS (or indeed any computer based audio). You can also use it as a stand alone unit if you don't want to play along with anything.
    You literally plug in, pick your sound and go.....just use it as the input to your preferred recording app if you want to record.

I know that none of this will be helping your potential future bank balance, and for that I apologise...

What does it give you away from the computer, can you still use a multitude of different amps?

I notice they are discontinued which is concerning on one hand but then if it comes at a bargain price..

• edited February 2017

@Jocphone said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Jocphone said:

@AndyPlankton said:

What does it give you away from the computer, can you still use a multitude of different amps?

I notice they are discontinued which is concerning on one hand but then if it comes at a bargain price..

It is a complete amp/cab simulator with effects, yes you can use it all while not connected to a computer.....the only restriction you will have is that there are only 4 preset slots.....however just connect your phone via bluetooth (iOS or Android) and you have as many presets as you like, connect that phone to the internet and you've got access to every preset published by anyone. You also need to use the app to change setups beyond the basic level, drive, Bass/Mid/treble controls that are on the unit, so for changing amps or FX settings etc...
    Save your 4 favorite presets to the 4 slots on the unit and you're pretty much set :)
    It also has an AMP out which bypasses the cab sim so you can play through a normal guitar amp.

I think the TT was in the £200 bracket when they were released, but can be got for £84 at the moment. The FBV floor switch which is also £84 gives you switches to swap between the four presets as well as a WAH/Volume and also a tap tempo for Delays etc....and a tuner.

I am now wondering if they will be bringing out newer versions with the newer HD audio engine.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Jocphone said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Jocphone said:

@AndyPlankton said:

It is a complete amp/cab simulator with effects, yes you can use it all while not connected to a computer.....the only restriction you will have is that there are only 4 preset slots.....however just connect your phone via bluetooth (iOS or Android) and you have as many presets as you like, connect that phone to the internet and you've got access to every preset published by anyone. You also need to use the app to change setups beyond the basic level, drive, Bass/Mid/treble controls that are on the unit, so for changing amps or FX settings etc...
    Save your 4 favorite presets to the 4 slots on the unit and you're pretty much set :)
    It also has an AMP out which bypasses the cab sim so you can play through a normal guitar amp.

I think the TT was in the £200 bracket when they were released, but can be got for £84 at the moment. The FBV floor switch which is also £84 gives you switches to swap between the four presets as well as a WAH/Volume and also a tap tempo for Delays etc....and a tuner.

I am now wondering if they will be bringing out newer versions with the newer HD audio engine.

I was just hovering over the Buy Now button when you planted that little seed of doubt..

• @Jocphone said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Jocphone said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Jocphone said:

@AndyPlankton said:

I was just hovering over the Buy Now button when you planted that little seed of doubt..

If they do bring a newer one out, it won't be at this price point. and thinking again they already have that covered with the HD POD's

I have already used this more than I used Tonestack...simply because of how easy it is to use......I always got frustrated trying to use the app based amp sims....I could get a great sound, but the experience never seemed to be the same twice.