Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Neo Soul Keys Controls/Settings?

So I just purchased the Neo Soul Keys "all synths" bundle on my iPhone. Very excited to start hearing it's beautiful sounds, but when I open any of the synths the only controls/settings available are the few on the face of the virtual synth itself. Bass, volume, and vibrato settings. Isn't there supposed to a big layout of available controls/settings somewhere? How do I access it? Thanks.

After looking into this a bit more I'm beginning to think all those controls are not available on iPhone, which is pretty disappointing. The sounds I'm getting with this app aren't nearly as gorgeous as the ones in all the demo vids.

Comments

• Here is is what you're supposed to see as soon as you choose an elctric piano.
    Nothing special to do.

• @flo26 said:
    Here is is what you're supposed to see as soon as you choose an elctric piano.
    Nothing special to do.

Thanks for the reply. This is what I see upon opening

• edited February 2017

Strange!

• @flo26 said:
    Strange!

I just opened the app on my kids iPad and sure enough, it's different from my iPhone. On the iPad I see what you posted, with all the settings right there. On the iPhone, all those settings simply aren't there and cannot be accessed, which is quite a buzz-kill. Not sure it's even worth having, as the GarageBand app electric piano sounds good and is far more tweakable with settings and effects. Too bad, was really excited.

I understand that the much smaller iPhone display available is the issue here, but why not simply have a keyboard tab and a settings tab, and toggle between the two?

• edited February 2017

iPhone version also has no factory presets of any kind, though apparently you can save your own. Not sure how useful that feature is if the only available tweaks are bass and tremolo.

I must be missing something. Or perhaps the iPhone version is incomplete/being updated?

• No presets on the i pad version too if i'm not wrong.

• @flo26 said:
    No presets on the i pad version too if i'm not wrong.

You are correct. I just checked on my kids iPad version and there are no factory presets. Seems like an oversight imo. Why not have at least a few great sounding factory presets included? Especially on the iPhone version which is otherwise extremely limited.

Again, I hope I'm missing something on the iPhone version. I'd hate to be overly critical of this app if it's just a matter of mynown ignorance, but as far as I can tell the iPhone version if NeoSoul Keys is much less inspiring than the other versions.

(I just reached out to @GospelMusicians for assistance)

• edited February 2017

Another oddity in the iPhone version is that when choosing among the available synths it shows them with all the controls available. But once opened, they are nowhere to be found. The settings tab you see in the bottom right corner of the synth screen only ooen a couple settings.

• edited February 2017

@GospelMusicians Indirectly related, that makes me think that an option to avoid this inter screen would be great.
    I know if I would like to buy an other type of sound or not, and this add an additional useless touch (to me at least)

• @AnalogCortex said:
    Another oddity in the iPhone version is that when choosing among the available synths it shows them with all the controls available. But once opened, they are nowhere to be found. The settings tab you see in the bottom right corner of the synth screen only ooen a couple settings.

Yeah, that should be something they take a look at. Bait and switch otherwise and hurt feelings. For all that I love this thing far more than the GB organ....I know, just toast.

• edited February 2017

There can never be a: "Bait and Switch" if the app is free to try. This is why we make the app FREE, so you know exactly what you are getting. Also, we don't know how many presets you can make with 2-3 controls. Obviously iPhone vs. iPad, you are dealing with a very different real-estate. The main version has always been the iPad and we felt that we should reward the iPad users with the free iPhone.

The iPhone, in our minds, is something that you want something quick and dirty and still sounds good. It's still playable and still is full sounding with the same samples.

• Back in the Stone Age, we didn't have presets on Rhodes pianos. You just played and let the magic come through your fingers (and maybe an analog chorus or flanger). The stress was on your back from carrying the heavy thing, not from storing and recalling a patch on your cell phone. This developer has done an exceptional job of focusing on the true character of this iconic instrument, including the dirt and growl.

I do wish they'd make it AU compatible.

"Bait and switch" was to say the least, a poor choice of words... They're one of the very few quality developers that offer a demo.

• @Trentsongs said:

>

I do wish they'd make it AU compatible.

AU is under development according to a previous thread

• I orta let Johnny speak for himself but I have a feeling "bait and switch" came from a concern for @GospelMusicians that some users might feel that way, not that he feels that way.

• Oh ok...I mistaken it...My bad. All I can say is that the newest version will be a game changer. You can actually see videos of it here:

It's a demo for the desktop version, but it'll have pretty much the same exact features and yes AUv3. The problem is that Apple's architecture is so limiting. For example, it doesn't allow for crossgrades, so that we can reward the people who bought the current version. There are no in-app crossgrades nor are there any app-to-app crossgrades. Furthermore, we had an idea of offering the desktop standalone on the Mac App Store, and if you purchase either the Mac App Store version or the iPad version, then you would get them both. The reason is that you can make presets on your desktop and share them with your iPad via iCloud. I personally prefer to make presets still on the desktop, because it's faster, but rather play live on the iPad, because that is faster. Apple is so limiting in this regards.....

• Ah but you can make a bundle of the old app and the new app....

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Ah but you can make a bundle of the old app and the new app....

It still doesn't reward existing customers. It only rewards new customers.

• No, old customers will get a discount relative to the amount they paid for the old app. So if they got it on sale they get less of a discount.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    No, old customers will get a discount relative to the amount they paid for the old app. So if they got it on sale they get less of a discount.

Oh I see...

• @syrupcore said:
    I orta let Johnny speak for himself but I have a feeling "bait and switch" came from a concern for @GospelMusicians that some users might feel that way, not that he feels that way.

Precisely. The only thing that frustrates me about these organs is my inability to play them as well as they deserve.... :)

• @BiancaNeve said:
    No, old customers will get a discount relative to the amount they paid for the old app. So if they got it on sale they get less of a discount.

Nice one!

• @GospelMusicians said:

@BiancaNeve said:

Oh I see...

Dr. Patrick of Secret Base Design has pretty much nailed this bundle-as-upgrade-path concept. If you're looking for examples, maybe check those out.

• @syrupcore said:

@GospelMusicians said:

@BiancaNeve said:

Oh I see...

Dr. Patrick of Secret Base Design has pretty much nailed this bundle-as-upgrade-path concept. If you're looking for examples, maybe check those out.

Looking it up now...

• @GospelMusicians said:
    Oh ok...I mistaken it...My bad. All I can say is that the newest version will be a game changer. You can actually see videos of it here:

It's a demo for the desktop version, but it'll have pretty much the same exact features and yes AUv3. The problem is that Apple's architecture is so limiting. For example, it doesn't allow for crossgrades, so that we can reward the people who bought the current version. There are no in-app crossgrades nor are there any app-to-app crossgrades. Furthermore, we had an idea of offering the desktop standalone on the Mac App Store, and if you purchase either the Mac App Store version or the iPad version, then you would get them both. The reason is that you can make presets on your desktop and share them with your iPad via iCloud. I personally prefer to make presets still on the desktop, because it's faster, but rather play live on the iPad, because that is faster. Apple is so limiting in this regards.....

Whole thing somehow sounds even more amazing. The 'minor samples' idea is brilliant. You presumably already have the velocity layer samples in the app, why not expose them solo? 4 and 5 in particular sound incredible.

• @syrupcore Thanks man...You're one of the first to respond and "GET IT!" Many people do not understand the purpose of the carved out sections.....It's pretty brilliant. Now your suggestion is great and we already have plans in version 2 to offer you to carve the velocity range of interest using a graphical means. You set the low and high velocity range, and everything will be adjust such that the new EP is the carved out ranges.

• @GospelMusicians - any thoughts on a timeline for the release of the new version? Price point?

Love the app, and I just upgraded to an iPad Pro 12.9, so now I can REALLY push this baby to the max.

• @dvlmusic said:
    @GospelMusicians - any thoughts on a timeline for the release of the new version? Price point?

Love the app, and I just upgraded to an iPad Pro 12.9, so now I can REALLY push this baby to the max.

The App version will be March 6. I have no ETA on the iPad version, but the same code works. We will just have to get the samples down to about 3GB. That is our goal. If we released today, the samples will be sitting at 6GB with CAF lossless, which actually is not bad. at 6BG, it'll be EXACTLY like the desktop version ;-)

• I can see how 6GB would be a limiting factor for many - I just came from an iPad Air 2 16GB and spent all my time juggling apps.

Man - SUPER excited for this, especially the Wurly and Clav ones. Keep us posted!

• @GospelMusicians said:

@dvlmusic said:
    @GospelMusicians - any thoughts on a timeline for the release of the new version? Price point?

The App version will be March 6. I have no ETA on the iPad version, but the same code works. We will just have to get the samples down to about 3GB. That is our goal. If we released today, the samples will be sitting at 6GB with CAF lossless, which actually is not bad. at 6BG, it'll be EXACTLY like the desktop version ;-)

Some people want it exactly like the desktop version. :'(

• Definitely buying this Jewel the day it rolls out. Neo-Soul Keys is by far my favorite instrument on iOS.